• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good little article on Kap's footwork

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A. Interesting article. Kap needs work on the fundamentals.

B. "And yet, he always seems to be on the brink of making a wrong decision." Seems and always and brink? Wow, a lot of negative perception there on things that apparently DON'T go wrong. Being on the brink means you did not go over the edge.

c. What's his record as a starter? As a playoff QB?

D. Best of all, how good could he be if gets better fundamentals?

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There is no denying his footwork is terrible but I was under the impression that he has been working on that and has shown solid improvement.

It takes time and repetition to be able to get the proper foot work down as second nature... Kaep has only been in a pro style system for 3 years and only been a stater for a season and half... Until the foot work becomes second nature to him, there will be times when he will revert to what is natural for his body when faced with presure ...

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, as long as he is winning, I don't see how any flaw can be fatal. If he loses, then any individual play could have been costly. I would have just called the flaw a flaw not a fatal flaw. I don't think that he lost the Super Bowl because of that. I don't think he was close enough for the refs to call the game, because of that. Overall because of what we did, we were in that position. But I went say it was his footwork per se. Decision making, game planning, preparation, etc. are all factors. Enough to make any one of them not the fatal flaw. Favre's gunslinging was his fatal flaw in his last year in the playoffs.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It takes time and repetition to be able to get the proper foot work down as second nature... Kaep has only been in a pro style system for 3 years and only been a stater for a season and half... Until the foot work becomes second nature to him, there will be times when he will revert to what is natural for his body when faced with presure ...

a lot of guys coming from shotgun type systems take a few years. imo by kaps 4th year starting his passing could take a big jump.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap's never had to be perfect technique wise to get away with things. With his arm strength and legs he could always get away with certain things, but it's something he's gotten better with and will continue to do so. He doesn't gun it every time like he used to and his reads are coming along.

Peter King likes to talk about the edge and the what ifs, but even if Kap throws that pick at the end and the CB takes it to the house, the team still has 4 minutes to drive down the field to tie the game. Every single time we were down Kap lead a scoring drive and took the lead right back. Hell "what if" Ray McDonald wasn't mugged on Aaron Roger's TD to Nelson than this game isn't that close and the Kap possible pick doesn't matter either.

I agree with the footwork, but the what if part is useless.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It's not that his footwork is bad he just gets lazy with it and all QBs will get lazy with their footwork and mechanics from time to time but Kap just gets sloppy with more often than he should.

I will say I hope it's a point of emphasis in his offseason regime to clean up those fundamentals issues instead of running sprints on the track.

But I'm pleased with Kap as long as he continues to show he's progressing his game and I do think despite the bumps in the road this season he has shown improvement over the course of the season.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's not that his footwork is bad he just gets lazy with it and all QBs will get lazy with their footwork and mechanics from time to time but Kap just gets sloppy with more often than he should.

I will say I hope it's a point of emphasis in his offseason regime to clean up those fundamentals issues instead of running sprints on the track.

But I'm pleased with Kap as long as he continues to show he's progressing his game and I do think despite the bumps in the road this season he has shown improvement over the course of the season.

It's not that he get sloppy or lazy but as I stated on my post, the proper footwork is yet to become second nature to him... That's why his footwork is inconsistent... When you're pressured, you will not have enough time o think about the proper footwork there fore you revert to what is familiar... Just like what is said about Tebow's throwing motion... Tebow in the off season tried to correct it but since it's not yet familiar or automatic, the long wind up shows up during game situations because it's an automatic response to stress...

Time and repition through constant practice is what Kaep needs