• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good article on Doug

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tommy Lawlor wrote a very good piece on Doug Pederson today.

Doug

I give him another year, and hopefully he makes changes on his staff. There will be some good offensive minds out there who know how to game plan successfully, and help Doug to get back to how it was last year.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if Doug has the good sense to drop Groh and Schwartz after this year... what Groh said the other day is beyond comprehension, making himself sound completely incompetent and unqualified for the job.

Doug has to get his staff back in order, or it's going to cost him. This off-season is going to be huge in that regard.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing that stood out to me the most in that article:

Three coaches who won the SB, and follow it up with a losing season:

Bill Walsh - HALL OF FAME
Bill Parcells - HALL OF FAME
Joe Gibbs - HALL OF FAME

My point is to not put Doug in with that company, he obviously does not have that kind of track record. But I also don't believe he is the idiot that some make him out to be; what's happening this year sucks and is mind-numbing frustrating to witness, but it is not unprecedented. However, he does need to identify and correct some of the issues on his staff that have evolved the way they have this season. Schwartz isn't cutting it anymore and Groh is a boob.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I’ve been thinking it the more I could see Groh going fast....but maybe not Schwartz. I’m not a fan of that....just the way I’ve been seeing it.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles have a history of keeping people too long. The fact that two assistant coaches leave and Pederson can't win does not provide confidence in his ability.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing that stood out to me the most in that article:

Three coaches who won the SB, and follow it up with a losing season:

Bill Walsh - HALL OF FAME
Bill Parcells - HALL OF FAME
Joe Gibbs - HALL OF FAME

My point is to not put Doug in with that company, he obviously does not have that kind of track record. But I also don't believe he is the idiot that some make him out to be; what's happening this year sucks and is mind-numbing frustrating to witness, but it is not unprecedented. However, he does need to identify and correct some of the issues on his staff that have evolved the way they have this season. Schwartz isn't cutting it anymore and Groh is a boob.
It's the same fans who didn't want Doug in the first place and bitched last season like the crybaby bitches they have always been that are really complaining now. As if they could tell their ass from their elbow when it comes to coaching anyway. These same ignorant fucks sure enjoyed Doug's Super Bowl bringing some happiness to their pathetic miserable lives.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the same fans who didn't want Doug in the first place and bitched last season like the crybaby bitches they have always been that are really complaining now. As if they could tell their ass from their elbow when it comes to coaching anyway. These same ignorant fucks sure enjoyed Doug's Super Bowl bringing some happiness to their pathetic miserable lives.

Tell us what you really think.j/k

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Pederson is a very good coach. You do not win a Super Bowl if you are not. The Eagles had a lot of talent (still do) but coaching plays a big part in winning when you are using a backup QB.

With that said.....I still hold Pederson for the failure of this season. The injuries are not his help. Defensively it is a uphill climb, especially when your secondary is full of practices squad players. But...... It was Pederson that chose his staff and it is Pederson that calls all the plays in the game.

I have to admit I like his coaching style when it comes to handling his staff. He gives his staff a lot of responsibilities and a good staff member will shine. It is why Reich is a head coach now and Reich is using a lot of Pederson's coaching philosophy and it is helping him in Indy. Having a good staff is extremely important for an NFL team. There is no way that a team can succeed with mediocrity at key positions and that is where the Eagles are suffering. Mike Groh was the WR coach last year and was promoted to OC and it was a big mistake. His resume does not even remotely suggest that he deserved the promotion. He was the passing game coordinator for the Rams in 2016 and they were dead last. While I am willing to concede that he did not have much to work with good coaches at least show something. The smart bet is that Groh will either be let go or demoted because he is not ready for the job. There are similar coaches that did not have a great resume but succeeded when given a chance. Sean McVay comes to mind. He was a TE coach when given the coordinator with the skins. Granted he had more to work with but he was also there 4 years before being given his shot. Groh was here a year.

Then there is the play calling. That is all on Pederson. He calls all the plays during the game and he should have recognized that there is a serious problem with the game plans. He should have for been more hands on because it was obvious things were not working. I blame him for all of that.

Pederson will get his chance to right the ship. He will get at least 2 more years.....only 1 if next year turns out like this year.