• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gonna be a long season hovering around .500

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but if the defense is better than maybe the Cards win that one.
That game is on Weaver though. I was listening to the game on my way home yesterday. Weaver gave up 2 hits and a run in the 1st. Then he gave up 4 hits in the 3rd. Weaver just didn't look (sound in my case) good. He's our week link in the starting lineup. I hope he improves. He's young, so I'm sure he will. I just don't like to see a picture allowing more hits given up than innings pitch.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game is on Weaver though. I was listening to the game on my way home yesterday. Weaver gave up 2 hits and a run in the 1st. Then he gave up 4 hits in the 3rd. Weaver just didn't look (sound in my case) good. He's our week link in the starting lineup. I hope he improves. He's young, so I'm sure he will. I just don't like to see a picture allowing more hits given up than innings pitch.
Yeah, that game is on Weaver.

Ross' error did cost a run but Weaver was sloppy especially pitching to the Nats pitcher giving up 2 hits. Weaver can get people to chase high but he gets in trouble when he leaves really easy pitches right over the middle of the plate. I feel like a good pitcher would've had those hittable balls at the knees and you would've seen a couple fewer runs.

This was another game where you see the Cardinals speed have an impact on the scoreboard. Its a shame that it wasn't quite enough to get the job done.

I just mention the defense because its clearly the Cardinals weak spot. They will never be confused for the 2006 Cardinals but if they want to contend then they'll have to be at least a little better defensively.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but if the defense is better than maybe the Cards win that one.

If we're talking about a contending team then the defense is definitely going to be the biggest issue down the stretch (assuming everyone stays healthy).

Clayton, Why are we making so many errors this season? We know Jose Martinez is a liability on defense but do you think part of the problem is that many of our everyday players are starting in different positions quite a bit?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clayton, Why are we making so many errors this season? We know Jose Martinez is a liability on defense but do you think part of the problem is that many of our everyday players are starting in different positions quite a bit?
Youth.

Everytime the Cards bring in young guys those defensive numbers slip. It seems like that isnt really a priority with 'the Cardinals way' just in general although some of that might have to do with the pitching philosophy being 'keep the ball in the park'

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youth.

Everytime the Cards bring in young guys those defensive numbers slip. It seems like that isnt really a priority with 'the Cardinals way' just in general although some of that might have to do with the pitching philosophy being 'keep the ball in the park'

Yep, that makes sense too but you would think that defensive execution would be taught and learned better by the young Cards players at the minor league level. Maybe the nerves kick in and the bright lights in Busch Stadium have an affect on these young players when they get to St. Louis.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the Cardinals have to give anything up for Adams? What could be worth giving up for an aging mediocre first baseman. Carpenter is doing great at first. The team is hot right now. Why bring Adams in? Daniel Murphy would have been nice (Cubs got him). Harper would have been nice (looks like the Dodgers will get him). Looks like a swing and a miss for the Cards.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the Cardinals have to give anything up for Adams? What could be worth giving up for an aging mediocre first baseman. Carpenter is doing great at first. The team is hot right now. Why bring Adams in? Daniel Murphy would have been nice (Cubs got him). Harper would have been nice (looks like the Dodgers will get him). Looks like a swing and a miss for the Cards.

How is my buddy Myles doing? You know I've got to be addicted to Cardinals baseball when I stayed up for a 4 hour and 10 minute game last night that didn't end until about 2:30AM this morning eastern time.

I don't understand why the Cardinals want Adams either with the team chemistry so good right now. Our team is hot right now with a few exceptions . . . . . Dejong is not hitting well, Hicks cannot throw strikes, and Norris concerns me as a quality closer BUT Schildt seems to continue to push the right buttons so far as the Cardinals are 15-4 during the month of August.