• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Golden Tate

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we're all still agreed that Golden Tate is overpaid, and that it is ludicrous to say he's able to be a number one receiver because he only in that position because of injuries to others right?

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he was a bit overpaid but he's definitely earning his pay. Good addition.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he was an awesome signing form the get go for the record. Best drop rate in the NFL over the past 3 seasons. That sold it for me after seeing so many passes hit the turf last year.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, he's definitely worth all of his $6 million salary. But when our $20 million guy, and our two $4 million guys are back, will he still be racking up 10/150 games? I doubt it.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, he's definitely worth all of his $6 million salary. But when our $20 million guy, and our two $4 million guys are back, will he still be racking up 10/150 games? I doubt it.

Who cares? It's now known that we have a VERY reliable option should somethig happen to CJ. And if CJ stays healthy, that's another big target for Stafford. Isn't this what we've wanted? A reliable receiver to compliment CJ?

CJ is still going to be doubled, and Tate will still be finding holes in the defense.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares? It's now known that we have a VERY reliable option should somethig happen to CJ. And if CJ stays healthy, that's another big target for Stafford. Isn't this what we've wanted? A reliable receiver to compliment CJ?

CJ is still going to be doubled, and Tate will still be finding holes in the defense.

Whoa, man. Seems this issue is a bit personal lol. Look, its great while we have no targets, but its going to come at a cost. All of these signings are.

2nd string RB, #2 WR, and blocking TE. Those were our big signings at $13 million a year. When we already have a $20 mil WR. Then we go in the draft most likely to draft a TE or WR with our first pick.

I'm not saying Tate sucks, far from it, but when you give someone money, you are going to leave the talent bare somewhere else at some point in time. Hard to evaluate if a guy is overpaid until you realize at what cost he's here. Its all opinion.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa, man.
2nd string RB, #2 WR, and blocking TE. Those were our big signings at $13 million a year. When we already have a $20 mil WR. Then we go in the draft most likely to draft a TE or WR with our first pick.
I disagree with that assessment completely. 1st of all Bell...2nd string runningback? No not really. Bell is much more than that. Even if Bush stayed healthy (we all know he cant) Bell is the bruiser portion of that duo. The goal line, between the tackles runner who will grind out the games. Now that Bush is hurt he is the man and looked good today.

Pettigrew...an excellent blocker...yes, the starter yes... and he is a pretty good receiver also even though they weren't throwing to him much this year.

Tate...a #2 on this team...could certainly be a number 1 on a lot of teams. Just because we have a 20 million dollar guy doesnt mean we cant spend money on a 2.

the Ebron pick...I still dont love it but Im hopeful that it pans out. I like the idea of having 3 tight ends as talented as our group on the field at the same time...along with Calvin...thats just nasty. Hopefully by the end of the year we will see how dangerous that can be...a matchup nightmare for defenses.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would our record be without him ? The guy is having a pro bowl season. How much is that worth ?

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wondering if the typo in the thread title was intentional. Godlen has definitely been golden.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

Not sure I thought he was overpaid when signed. I just thought we had bigger needs in the secondary and at DE at the time, and that we should have allocated the cap dollars there.

The play has been outstanding. He's giving the team #1WR performance being covered by good defenses as a #1WR. $7MM is cheap for a #1WR.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Golden Tate has performed as a #1 WR and all, but I think calling him Godlen is going a bit far.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we're all still agreed that Golden Tate is overpaid, and that it is ludicrous to say he's able to be a number one receiver because he only in that position because of injuries to others right?

As yet, he's underpaid.