• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Going after 1st pick?

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turcotte, vilardi and the #2 pick is the rumor....

Hard no please

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow that sure seems like a lot! I hope they don't do that..

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turcotte, vilardi and the #2 pick is the rumor....

Hard no please

Rumor: LA Kings To Trade For The New York Rangers' #1 Draft Pick

Agreed. Makes no sense. Unless there is something we don't know about Vilardi and his health (Which is actually always a possibility, but still...). But the player LA will get at #2 will not be a slouch and will be a great addition as is. Just as risky as Lafreniere (As in, not that risky, but similar upside potential). This draft doesn't feel like it's the next Connor McDavid vs everybody else. Lafreniere is supposedly the top guy for sure, but they put him as behind "The 3 M's" as upside. McDavid, Matthews, and McKinnon.

Plus the rumor site says Kings would be looking to become a contender again, to which they aren't one piece away from that right now. They are probably 3 defensemen, and about 6 forwards away from that as is. Those players might already be in the system, but they need to develop still. Also, from what I can tell, Kings have $10 million in dead money next year in Phaneuf and Kovalchuk, then $7.5 the year after when Kovalchuk money will fall off. Timing is actually pretty good for Kings youth to get two years to play and see who emerges as legit or not before we maybe have to pay more people. Brown and Carter contracts also expire at that time. If they were to be retained for cheaper, that would be cool to me as a fan, but we'll see.

Also, if Kings were really one piece away, they could just make a fatty offer to Taylor Hall this summer. Guy is only 28, and could be paired with Kopitar as legit #1 line for awhile. But we aren't there yet.

Kings should take a step forward already this year, and I could see them being in Playoff contention as is (Did win 10 in a row before the break). See some young guys develop and get excited for. Part of the championship building is the down years where you get to see guys develop and watch them progress. Not just about acquiring pics just to unload them. Each of those picks represents a terrible outcome of a previous year, so unless the deal is undeniable, keep them and use them. Kings fans have earned that #2 pick after last year, and the #5 pick last year (Which should have been the #2 that year. So in reality, the #2 this year is a makeup for the year before) and we're excited for the guy they will choose, whether it be Stutzle or Byfield (or another guy). We are excited about Vilardi and Turcotte as well. Not fair to just throw in Turcotte like he's a consolation prize.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note. Anyone see Vegas losing? Martinez winning a cup would be cool, but other than that, feels weird that the system was so stacked for them coming into the league. Part 2 next year with the Kraken. I do not see who is going to beat them. Maybe I am sleeping on the Stars, but I don't see it (Colorado did make the series 3-2, so they are still alive too). East, Tampa did look good. They just need to get healthy with Stamkos not playing yet and Hedberg playing hurt. McDonough was out too. Islanders look great actually, but that feels like youth and Trotz sort of overachieving right now. You never know.

Gonna be so interesting to see what happens with scheduling next year and going forward.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hate for the king to get taylor hall, sure if we want to just have fun, but that guy is a problem everywhere and flat out not a winner.

This draft is very deep, i think the top 15 will all be very good. If the kings wanted to trade down for a dman...i could understand but i want them to use that #2 pick wisely.

xis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wish is in the draft is 2nd overall Quinton Byfield and in round two Luke Tuch. Luke is the brother of Alex Tuch of the Knights. Maybe not as skilled but he's a bull. With the focus being on skill, speed etc. there still is a spot for the bigger players that can skate. Luke can skate and does have some better than average skill as well.

After that D-men need to be stocked up a bit.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Vancouver up 4-0 on Vegas in Game 7 right now, so what do I know? That Canucks goalie on fire.

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Blake calls me and asks for my opinion, I will beg him not to trade the #2. However, if he can somehow package that pick and something to get Ottowas #3 and #5 , then I may change my mind. LOL
I was pretty set on Byfield as the best pick but I have read that Stutzle is NHL ready.

Anyone else excited that Vegas is OUT!?!?!? I may just be bitter, but I feel like they need to go through some rough years first like everyone else had to.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Blake calls me and asks for my opinion, I will beg him not to trade the #2. However, if he can somehow package that pick and something to get Ottowas #3 and #5 , then I may change my mind. LOL
I was pretty set on Byfield as the best pick but I have read that Stutzle is NHL ready.

Anyone else excited that Vegas is OUT!?!?!? I may just be bitter, but I feel like they need to go through some rough years first like everyone else had to.

I think I was probably getting at that above. Just wanted anyone but Vegas and they looked crazy strong. They did outshoot Dallas like crazy but Khudobin stood on his head and Dallas showed a ton of heart in that series. Lightning deserved to win it too. Nice follow-up to last year where they tied the best regular season in history, then got swept in round 1. Come in this year and win is great for them.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final draft order set, and draft is in 8 days.

I am in the same boat as most, in that I can't tell you the better choice of Stutzle vs Byfield, and pretty sure you can't go wrong with either. Just feel like Byfield is more physically gifted (Size at 6'4, speed), but Stutzle's game seems more suited for NHL and he has that next level stickhandling (Like a Patrick Kane). Either will be a nice addition to the young guys already in the system. Going to be fun to watch the Kings going forward. Couple of really awful years, but that's how it goes when they traded 1st round picks to chase the cup several years in a row. No complaints here. Worked out twice, and didn't work out probably 3 other times during their window. As far a rebuilds go, if Kings can be in the hunt for a Playoff spot next year, and keep progressing from there, that's all you can really ask for.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this talk about draft picks and players
Kings fired Tim (Bailey) today. Maybe we trade for Gritty or worse the Coyotes mascot

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Harvey Wienstein is looking for work, i think he could step right into that baily job