• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GNT #8: Maple Leafs @ Flyers

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This determines the panic button

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shitty and Cocker in. Fuck.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and on another front.....

Did I miss something. Everywhere I look they are showing Bryzgolov in box scores for the game. I have had it one and don't remember any mention of him being in net....

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briere needs to learn to control his fucking stick or they should trade his dumb ass. That's like the 5th or 6th time he's hit someone with his stick and been penalized.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jagr got his first, and has looked great since.

Pronger got slammed in the face with the follow through of a shot. He left the ice. It does not appear that it tickled him. He hasnt returned.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Briere sucks. Trade him

Not sure if this is sarcastic, but I will freely admit that I hate Briere and wish he wasn't on this team. I give him credit for being a good offensive player, he has absolutely 0 redeeming qualities on the defensive side of the puck and he can't control his damn stick. I just don't understand how his performance since he's been signed was worth the insanely high cap hit he has and we're stuck with him for 3 more years.

At this point I'd love to see Homer call Burke in Toronto and offer Briere, Carle/Hartnell and a 2nd for Luke Schenn. That might be overpaying, but we'd free up a ton of cap space to keep our young nucleus together for years to come.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this is sarcastic, but I will freely admit that I hate Briere and wish he wasn't on this team. I give him credit for being a good offensive player, he has absolutely 0 redeeming qualities on the defensive side of the puck and he can't control his damn stick. I just don't understand how his performance since he's been signed was worth the insanely high cap hit he has and we're stuck with him for 3 more years.

At this point I'd love to see Homer call Burke in Toronto and offer Briere, Carle/Hartnell and a 2nd for Luke Schenn. That might be overpaying, but we'd free up a ton of cap space to keep our young nucleus together for years to come.

Normally I agree with your comments bro but you are off your rocker on this one. DB led this team to the cup a few years ago yes he's careless at times but I'll take his playoff record any day. You make that trade and the Flyers miss the playoffs and the laughs get in for sure. To be honest I'm not even that impressed with Luke he looks real slow out there maybe somethings wrong with him?

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally I agree with your comments bro but you are off your rocker on this one. DB led this team to the cup a few years ago yes he's careless at times but I'll take his playoff record any day. You make that trade and the Flyers miss the playoffs and the laughs get in for sure. To be honest I'm not even that impressed with Luke he looks real slow out there maybe somethings wrong with him?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion & I know mine may not be popular.

I'm just saying 6.5m a year for a guy who averages 60-70 points a season is just a waste of money in today's league. Everyone complains about Hartnell's deal but they don't realize that Briere doesn't put up much better numbers and costs the team 2.5m a year more. He's also undersized, gets demolished when the games turn physical, then gets frustrated and takes idiotic stick penalties at horrible times.

At this point he should be moved back to wing and play with Simmonds/JVR - Schenn and if he doesn't start looking like he knows what to do on the PP throw JVR - Schenn - Simmonds out there for a bit, they'd skate their asses off and get some ugly goals I bet.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuckin right! They needed that one. Hopefully they can catch a reeling habs team and then come back to meet the Jets....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is entitled to their opinion & I know mine may not be popular.

I'm just saying 6.5m a year for a guy who averages 60-70 points a season is just a waste of money in today's league. Everyone complains about Hartnell's deal but they don't realize that Briere doesn't put up much better numbers and costs the team 2.5m a year more. He's also undersized, gets demolished when the games turn physical, then gets frustrated and takes idiotic stick penalties at horrible times.

At this point he should be moved back to wing and play with Simmonds/JVR and Schenn and if he doesn't start looking like he knows what to do on the PP throw JVR - Schenn - Simmonds out there for a bit.

Bro I hear ya but just look at what he did in the playoffs....I can give a rats ass at the regular season. He was a monster when the going got tough anyone who puts up more than 30 points on a cup run is OK in my books. You also need some vet experience on this team...

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro I hear ya but just look at what he did in the playoffs....I can give a rats ass at the regular season. He was a monster when the going got tough anyone who puts up more than 30 points on a cup run is OK in my books. You also need some vet experience on this team...

A cup run without a cup :(

You have to remember too that the entire cup run was a fucking shoot out, goalies were letting up 3-4 goals a game. Honestly I contribute most of Briere's points to Leino playing out of his mind and no one knowing how to stop him.

As far as Vets we have Pronger, Timonen, Jagr, Talbot(who I have a ton of faith in his leadership qualities for some reason), then there's Coburn, G & Mez who have stepped up big in down times.

I guess a lot of me think a 1,2,3 of G, Schenn & Couturier would start to follow the Pens model of a finesse superstar(Crosby), stronger skilled scorer(Malkin) and big strong 2 way player(Staal) for the down the middle combo.

It also looks like Briere is lost now and a change of scenery to a team where he can be an undisputed #1 may be something he'd consider now and we could benefit from in the long run. To win a cup I still think we need some help on D, preferably a stay at home D-man.

Last edited by a moderator:

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wish I knew wtf you guys were talking about....

I'll get there, I just need football to get over with..... And then I can concentrate more.

Last year was the first year I actually watched NHL hockey, but again I didn't watch till after me Huskers were done.

I wanted to watch tonight, cuz I had no interest in the MNF game...... but I thought Center Ice was free tell december but apparantly that doesn't start till the 26th

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wish I knew wtf you guys were talking about....

I'll get there, I just need football to get over with..... And then I can concentrate more.

Last year was the first year I actually watched NHL hockey, but again I didn't watch till after me Huskers were done.

I wanted to watch tonight, cuz I had no interest in the MNF game...... but I thought Center Ice was free tell december but apparantly that doesn't start till the 26th

Hell that is good, we play two nights in a row starting tomorrow.

PhillyFate48

Pimp by blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Briere is a huge reason we win games period! He is worth every penny and anyone who knows the game ..knows that playoff players are where all the money goes! Disagree and....well.....you're just gay!

PhillyFate48

Pimp by blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A cup run without a cup :(

You have to remember too that the entire cup run was a fucking shoot out, goalies were letting up 3-4 goals a game. Honestly I contribute most of Briere's points to Leino playing out of his mind and no one knowing how to stop him.

As far as Vets we have Pronger, Timonen, Jagr, Talbot(who I have a ton of faith in his leadership qualities for some reason), then there's Coburn, G & Mez who have stepped up big in down times.

I guess a lot of me think a 1,2,3 of G, Schenn & Couturier would start to follow the Pens model of a finesse superstar(Crosby), stronger skilled scorer(Malkin) and big strong 2 way player(Staal) for the down the middle combo.

It also looks like Briere is lost now and a change of scenery to a team where he can be an undisputed #1 may be something he'd consider now and we could benefit from in the long run. To win a cup I still think we need some help on D, preferably a stay at home D-man.

You my friend are crazy!!! without Briere Hartnell doesnt get that beautiful pass and we go to o.t.! Leino was good but to go as far and say thats where Danny B's goals came from well... it's quite obvious you dont have a T.v. to have watched any of his goals that had nothing to do with Leino!