• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Give us your take

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to hear your take on a few players that interest me. Perhaps you can give me a different angle. Who would you compare these guys to and would you like them to wear Eagles green.

CB Trevon Diggs
LB Troy Dye
WR Chase Claypool
C Matt Hennessy
DE A.J. Epenesa
CB Noah Igbinoghene
S K’von Wallace
OT Matt Peart

Everyone, please chime in and add your own player preferences.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diggs and Epenesa should be 1st rounders. Claypool and Igbinoghene - 2nd or 3rd.
The rest: 4th to 7th.
I like Diggs, but he should be in the late 1st. Epenesa - mid 1st.
I hope we don't get either of these in the 1st, because we have to get a WR. the only way we don't is if Howie trades it away for Ngakoue. Just my opinion.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Epenesa is a beast. What a Dline we would have. Despite the huge hole at WR I'm so tempted to go defense at 21.

Screamin Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Epenesa is a beast. What a Dline we would have. Despite the huge hole at WR I'm so tempted to go defense at 21.
Agreed. He and Diggs definitely have my attention.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Epenesa will be a solid pro, but not anything special. He lacks explosiveness to be an elite rusher, I see him more as a really good 5-tech.

Claypool is raw, but has DK Metcalf type size and speed. I think he may ultimately become a H-Back type of player in the mold of Evan Engram, that's who he reminds me of... Plus he's a Canadian! Definitely rooting for him. Late 2nd to mid 3rd.

Diggs is kind of polarizing for me - He's got all the physical tools, savvy, but many Alabama DBs tend to not do well in the NFL, or at least don't live up to their lofty expectations. There was a game against LSU last season where Ja'Marr Chase ate him up... I'm concerned about his potential to be a guy who you would feel confident to lock up a #1 WR. I like his teammate McKinney a bit more because he has across the board versatility, and I believe will be a safer pick.

Troy Dye is a sleeper. He is the new NFL style of LB - great athlete and cover skills, needs to get stronger. But I like him.

Patrick Queen is going to be a stud. Might be on the board at 21, too bad we won't take him.

Hennessy is a future starter. Would be a nice guy to groom under Kelce for a season or two. Another guy I like at Center is Nick Harris... great athlete in the mold of Kelce who a great combine performance in the drills, I think if we draft him and Stout gets his hands on him he will be a stud.

We need to finally draft a young Safety, I've been on the Kyle Dugger bandwagon for a while - tremendous athlete, a small school prospect that might make some apprehensive, he is a bit of a project but he can play.

E-Nut brought up Jeff Gladney earlier, undersized but tough as hell, confident and backs down from no one. Many of his weaknesses are technical issues that can be coached up, but he has the right mindset and a good skill set - a Schwartz type of DB. I'd put him right up there with Diggs and will probably end up being a better pro.

Some other guys I like, in no particular order:

WR Brandon Aiyuk, Arizona State
WR Devin Duvernay, Texas
WR Van Jefferson, Florida
RB AJ Dillon, Boston College
RB Cam Akers, Florida State
TE Jared Pinckney, Vanderbilt
OT Trey Adams, Washington
QB Anthony Gordon, Wasshington State
LB Shaq Quarterman, Miami
LB Willie Gay, Mississippi State

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of good stuff, Northern. Where in Canada do you live?

Screamin Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Epenesa will be a solid pro, but not anything special. He lacks explosiveness to be an elite rusher, I see him more as a really good 5-tech.

Claypool is raw, but has DK Metcalf type size and speed. I think he may ultimately become a H-Back type of player in the mold of Evan Engram, that's who he reminds me of... Plus he's a Canadian! Definitely rooting for him. Late 2nd to mid 3rd.

Diggs is kind of polarizing for me - He's got all the physical tools, savvy, but many Alabama DBs tend to not do well in the NFL, or at least don't live up to their lofty expectations. There was a game against LSU last season where Ja'Marr Chase ate him up... I'm concerned about his potential to be a guy who you would feel confident to lock up a #1 WR. I like his teammate McKinney a bit more because he has across the board versatility, and I believe will be a safer pick.

Troy Dye is a sleeper. He is the new NFL style of LB - great athlete and cover skills, needs to get stronger. But I like him.

Patrick Queen is going to be a stud. Might be on the board at 21, too bad we won't take him.

Hennessy is a future starter. Would be a nice guy to groom under Kelce for a season or two. Another guy I like at Center is Nick Harris... great athlete in the mold of Kelce who a great combine performance in the drills, I think if we draft him and Stout gets his hands on him he will be a stud.

We need to finally draft a young Safety, I've been on the Kyle Dugger bandwagon for a while - tremendous athlete, a small school prospect that might make some apprehensive, he is a bit of a project but he can play.

E-Nut brought up Jeff Gladney earlier, undersized but tough as hell, confident and backs down from no one. Many of his weaknesses are technical issues that can be coached up, but he has the right mindset and a good skill set - a Schwartz type of DB. I'd put him right up there with Diggs and will probably end up being a better pro.

Some other guys I like, in no particular order:

WR Brandon Aiyuk, Arizona State
WR Devin Duvernay, Texas
WR Van Jefferson, Florida
RB AJ Dillon, Boston College
RB Cam Akers, Florida State
TE Jared Pinckney, Vanderbilt
OT Trey Adams, Washington
QB Anthony Gordon, Wasshington State
LB Shaq Quarterman, Miami
LB Willie Gay, Mississippi State
That’s what I’m talking about. Nice.
Big fan of Aiyuk, Akers, Duvernay and Dugger.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The allure of guys like Gladney, Aiyuk, Hennessy, Gay, etc. for me is that these guys are tough - as much as we need to improve team speed (not just the offensive side), we need TOUGH guys and I do believe that is what the Eagles are looking for.

Screamin Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have done maybe 50 or more mocks and it looks like Aiyuk is the WR that will be there at #21. If they don’t take a WR at #21 they will be selecting from the 2nd tier. As much as I like Queen and McKinney I think they gotta go WR and in particular Aiyuk.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have done maybe 50 or more mocks and it looks like Aiyuk is the WR that will be there at #21. If they don’t take a WR at #21 they will be selecting from the 2nd tier. As much as I like Queen and McKinney I think they gotta go WR and in particular Aiyuk.

I love Aiyuk ... I think he could easily be the Davante Adams of this year's draft. A guy who 3-4 years down the line teams are wondering why the hell they passed up the chance to take him. I think he belongs right there with Jefferson and Mims as the next tier after the top 3.

Screamin Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surgery for Aiyuk. Damn. Next up Mims??

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, maybe he's still on the board for us @ #103!?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn that's a crusher. In a deep class that could drop him a ways. Bet he goes top of the 3rd at the latest though.

Screamin Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long of a recuperation??

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long of a recuperation??

Depends ... I mean he'll be on the shelf for a couple of months, then it's another couple to get back into football shape ... then it's time to actually practice the playbook on the field and adjust to pro speed. I see very little shot of him contributing much year one, he'll be mostly a stash for 2021. Maybe a team will put him in on returns in the 2nd half of the season, but I don't see much more than that year one for him. I think somewhere in Rd 3 is a good bet for him.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would absolutely love Brandon! He plays much faster than his 4.5 speed and now we know why he ran it (which isn't horrible he just looks faster).

Screamin Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends ... I mean he'll be on the shelf for a couple of months, then it's another couple to get back into football shape ... then it's time to actually practice the playbook on the field and adjust to pro speed. I see very little shot of him contributing much year one, he'll be mostly a stash for 2021. Maybe a team will put him in on returns in the 2nd half of the season, but I don't see much more than that year one for him. I think somewhere in Rd 3 is a good bet for him.
Ouch.
So maybe Mims at #21 and Aiyuk in the 3rd. If the Eagles draft Reagor or Hamler in the 1st I’ll have a freaking aneurysm.