• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Give me a offensive and defensive player you think or hope breaks out this season

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are nuts if you think Foles is better than Luck. Luck had so much put up him as a rookie, turnovers and completion percentage could be improved but he has the ability to be a elite QB.

All I am saying is, Luck showed nothing more than what Foles showed that would suggest Luck is elite and Foles sucks. Foles has the ability to be an elite QB too. You obviously haven't watched many games of either QB to think that there is a huge difference between the 2 QBs. You are just acting like a parrot and repeating what the media spoon fed you. I bet you that Luck doesn't do that much better this upcoming year. In fact, I would bet he is worse.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troll my boat???

I don't even know what that means! :confused:

I follow the draft around like a puppy all year; and I'm telling you, with complete objectivity, that any "talk" of Nick Foles sniffing the first round was homer BS.

No it wasn't. Foles has a great skill set. He came out in a year where the talent pool was deep. He probably would have been the 1st QB taken in this past years draft.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, but looking at a rookie QB's stats to project how good of a QB he's going to be is dubious enough but...

Nick freeking Foles better than Andrew Luck?

Nick Foles would need a wheelbarrow and three of his cousins to carry Andrew Luck's jock.

You could look at their college stats too. Or High School stats for that matter. Nick Foles broke all of Drew Brees records in High School, and broke most of Arizona's stats for a QB, as well as many Pac-12 stats.

Can you show me how to project how good a QB is gonna be, and prove how Luck is so much better.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
No it wasn't.

It really was.

There was talk Matt Barkley would be a first round pick.

There was talk Geno Smith would be a first round pick.

Same with Janoris Jenkins, Kawann Short, John Hankins, Robert Woods, Tyrann Mathieu, Demontre Moore and a bunch of other names (which goes to show how valuable "talk" of first round status is).

...But nobody on planet earth who had any clue about the NFL draft was projecting Nick Foles into the first round.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really was.

There was talk Matt Barkley would be a first round pick.

There was talk Geno Smith would be a first round pick.

Same with Janoris Jenkins, Kawann Short, John Hankins, Robert Woods, Tyrann Mathieu, Demontre Moore and a bunch of other names (which goes to show how valuable "talk" of first round status is).

...But nobody on planet earth who had any clue about the NFL draft was projecting Nick Foles into the first round.

You just ruined your argument right there. Matt Barkley (the year before) and Geno Smith were projected 1st rounders by many "experts", so you saying nobody with any clue was projecting Nick Foles into the first round is just your opinion. What it shows by the "talk" is that Foles has the skill set to be in the discussion.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Nick Foles broke all of Drew Brees records in High School, and broke most of Arizona's stats for a QB, as well as many Pac-12 stats..

Can you show me how to project how good a QB is gonna be, and prove how Luck is so much better

Possibly. These opinions don't develop over night (if they're informed opinions). And even the best NFL talent evaluators get it wrong sometimes (see Ozzie Newsome & Kyle Boller). But let's just say if Nick Foles becomes a better QB than Andrew Luck I'll post under the name NickFolesIsMyRealFather for a month.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You just ruined your argument right there. Matt Barkley (the year before) and Geno Smith were projected 1st rounders by many "experts", so you saying nobody with any clue was projecting Nick Foles into the first round is just your opinion. What it shows by the "talk" is that Foles has the skill set to be in the discussion.

:scratch:

I'm really not trying to be a dick about this, but can someone help me out with this last post?

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Possibly. These opinions don't develop over night (if they're informed opinions). And even the best NFL talent evaluators get it wrong sometimes (see Ozzie Newsome & Kyle Boller). But let's just say if Nick Foles becomes a better QB than Andrew Luck I'll post under the name NickFolesIsMyRealFather for a month.

LOL, I am not saying he will be a better QB. I also wouldn't be waiting around for the day for that to happen. It would be many years down the road to make that evaluation.

And honestly, this has less to do with my QB (Nick Foles) and more to do with how overhyped Andrew Luck is. He hasn't shown all that much in his rookie year for people to keep boasting about him the way he does. I am not saying that he won't be elite, but people were actually talking about him being RoY, when he shouldn't have even been put on the same platform as Russell Wilson or RG3. The hype machine is working double time for Luck. That is my problem. Like I said before, I would bet that he doesn't improve that much from last year, and I would even be willing to bet that he actually does worse. And what I mean by worse is that he still has a bad completion percentage, and still turns the ball over a lot, but instead of his team winning 11 games and him throwing that many yards to offset his bad stats...... The Colts do bad, and he doesn't get close to the same yards, not without having many more TOs.

Last edited by a moderator:

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch:

I'm really not trying to be a dick about this, but can someone help me out with this last post?

Easily. People or "experts" don't "talk" about you being a potential 1st round pick if you don't show some skills to warrant the talk.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He said they were. And Foles never was. Literally no one of importance made one comment that he'd be a first rounder once.

Feel free to disprove that.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
And honestly, this has less to do with my QB (Nick Foles) and more to do with how overhyped Andrew Luck is.

A lot of rookies get boat loads of hype. Tim Couch did. Lebron James did...

I think Andrew Luck is one of those few players who actually deserves the hype. JMHO. As terrible as the Colts' roster was last season, for him to have actually turned it on towards the end of the season & led 'em to the playoffs was pretty impressive.

I think they still need to improve the OL, but at least they have a decent enough unit. And I think DHB was a great pick up for them. And I was the biggest Dwaaaaaaaaayne Allen fan around these parts when he was in college. So he has some weapons. If Ryan Grigson can prove that he's actually a great evaluator of talent and not just LUCKy (pun intended), I think the Colts could be contenders for a LONG time. And I actually think will prove to be a great GM. I've absolutely loved some of the moves he's made the last couple of offseasons (like getting my guy Josh Chapman in the 5th round).

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Easily. People or "experts" don't "talk" about you being a potential 1st round pick if you don't show some skills to warrant the talk.

True, but there wasn't a single "expert" who was talking about Nick Foles as a first rounder.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said they were. And Foles never was. Literally no one of importance made one comment that he'd be a first rounder once.

Feel free to disprove that.

Bad news for draft projections for Arizona?s Foles, Criner - AG's Wildcat Report

"ESPN’s Mel Kiper, at the end of the 2011 draft, rated Arizona senior Nick Foles as the No. 2 quarterback prospect, behind Stanford’s Andrew Luck."

"Rob Rang of NFLDraftScout.com told TucsonCitizen.com last month that he had talked to one NFL talent evaluator who loves Foles as a high second-round pick."

"The most interesting news is that Arizona quarterback Nick Foles received a 5.0. A 5.0 is quite low considering that Foles has widely been speculated by the media as a potential first-round prospect in 2012."

"So, yeah, the projections are pretty wild right now for Foles — from potential first-rounder to undrafted free agent."

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Ok, I'll concede that there may have been preseason talk of Foles as a first rounder, but in that time you'll find talk of over well over a hundred guys in the first round. I don't really pay any attention to that talk until the underclassmen declare for the draft. After that point, you get a far more realistic gauge of who's going to be there.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of rookies get boat loads of hype. Tim Couch did. Lebron James did...

I think Andrew Luck is one of those few players who actually deserves the hype. JMHO. As terrible as the Colts' roster was last season, for him to have actually turned it on towards the end of the season & led 'em to the playoffs was pretty impressive.

I think they still need to improve the OL, but at least they have a decent enough unit. And I think DHB was a great pick up for them. And I was the biggest Dwaaaaaaaaayne Allen fan around these parts when he was in college. So he has some weapons. If Ryan Grigson can prove that he's actually a great evaluator of talent and not just LUCKy (pun intended), I think the Colts could be contenders for a LONG time. And I actually think will prove to be a great GM. I've absolutely loved some of the moves he's made the last couple of offseasons (like getting my guy Josh Chapman in the 5th round).

I don't think he still deserves the hype he is getting. Not when comparing him to the likes of RG3 nor Russell Wilson. Especially when I pointed out that Nick Foles had a better completion percentage and higher QB rating than him starting cold midway through the season with 3rd stringers blocking for him on the O-line, and missing D-Jax and Shady. And I believe it was ProFootballFocus or maybe FootballOutsiders that proved that the Colts are the luckiest team to ever make the playoffs, and not because of Luck.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad news for draft projections for Arizona?s Foles, Criner - AG's Wildcat Report

"ESPN’s Mel Kiper, at the end of the 2011 draft, rated Arizona senior Nick Foles as the No. 2 quarterback prospect, behind Stanford’s Andrew Luck."

"Rob Rang of NFLDraftScout.com told TucsonCitizen.com last month that he had talked to one NFL talent evaluator who loves Foles as a high second-round pick."

"The most interesting news is that Arizona quarterback Nick Foles received a 5.0. A 5.0 is quite low considering that Foles has widely been speculated by the media as a potential first-round prospect in 2012."

"So, yeah, the projections are pretty wild right now for Foles — from potential first-rounder to undrafted free agent."

Then I stand corrected. But when it got anywhere near draft time I didn't hear a peep about him being a first rounder.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather have luck than Wilson and a mid first round pick thrown in for good measure.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breakout players are never the winners of camp battles. They already broke out, they won the job. So, at this point they only lived up to expectations.