• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Give me a offensive and defensive player you think or hope breaks out this season

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harvin is not the type of WR that opens things up for others, in fact he is the exact opposite. He will never line up Outside all game and keep a CB and S tied up. He is a slot guy that runs.

'Opening up' just means that he demands extra coverage. I hope you're right though and defenses just allow him to be 1 on 1 with a single safety, LB or slot corner all day.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense - James Carpenter
Defense - Bruce Irvin

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler's decision making can't be fixed IMO. I like the Peterson pick though.

You're probably right, but I like his chances with an offensive coach who might figure out how to best put that big 3 together. A whole lot needs to come together for Cutler to break out, I know, much better play from the O-line is a big factor too. I just think that he is in a great situation, it's right there, he just needs to grab it and stop making dumbshit decisions.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he isn't that good.

Hes an average QB.

Average is better than bad, but in todays game no one is going to rave over a QB completing 54% of his passes and has a 81 QB rating.

But that is what Andrew Luck did and everyone is raving over him.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck was a also a rookie.

So was Nick Foles, who had 60+ completion pct. and a higher QB rating than Luck and everyone says he sucks. People are living off hype with Luck. Not saying he won't be good, but he sure hasn't shown it.

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So was Nick Foles, who had 60+ completion pct. and a higher QB rating than Luck and everyone says he sucks. People are living off hype with Luck. Not saying he won't be good, but he sure hasn't shown it.

Foles also didn't play nearly as much.

Luck threw for the most yards a rookie ever threw for and did it with nobodies. And its more than just numbers with Luck, you can tell the guy is going to be a elite QB.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert Quinn? He's going to break out of a 10+ sack year?

Yes. He is a logical candidate to be considered the best pass rushing DE in the NFC West. If he reaches that it will be a breakout year.

The other Rams defensive players are either peaked (Laurainitis, Finnegan, Chris Long, Dunbar) don't have the talent to break out (Stewart, McLeod), play at a position where it is difficult to break out (Langford, Brockers), or are a rookie (Ogletree) leaving only Jenkins, Trumaine Johnson, or Quinn to pick from.

Could have been any of those three so I picked Quinn.

Wow, going through that defense that has the makings (except for safety) of being one of the best defenses in the NFC.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Opening up' just means that he demands extra coverage. I hope you're right though and defenses just allow him to be 1 on 1 with a single safety, LB or slot corner all day.

A safety or LB covering the slot receiver is very rare these days. It only happens when the offense is in hurry up and the DC misses a substitution and doesn't get his slot CB out there when he is still in base defense.

Out of curiosity, do you honestly believe that Lynch is a better RB than Peterson? A lot of you Seahawks seem to think that Harvin/Lynch is >>>>>>> Harvin/Peterson

If the combination of Harvin and Peterson never resulted in an unstoppable force, why are you so certain that Lynch and Harvin will just wreak havoc and take the league by storm??

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles also didn't play nearly as much.

Luck threw for the most yards a rookie ever threw for and did it with nobodies. And its more than just numbers with Luck, you can tell the guy is going to be a elite QB.

No, the media tells you the guy will be elite, just like many other QBs in the past that failed. Also, them numbers are inflated for how many times he threw. He also was like top 5 in pass attempts. Like I said, he had less than a 55 completion percent.

I have been watching Nick Foles since college and I think he will be elite. Anyone that watches Nick Foles can see that he is very intelligent, can read defenses, makes quick decisions and is accurate, but the media doesn't talk about him like that. They only mention how he had a couple passes that were short of his WRs, so everyone says he doesn't have an arm and he sucks.

There was even reports of Foles being a 1st round pick during the season the year he came out, but his stock dropped, and of course others have risen.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
There was even reports of Foles being a 1st round pick during the season the year he came out, but his stock dropped, and of course others have risen.

Yeah, but that was only on NickfolesIsthegreatest.com's message forum. Realistic draft prognosticators never put Foles anywhere near the first round.

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the media tells you the guy will be elite, just like many other QBs in the past that failed. Also, them numbers are inflated for how many times he threw. He also was like top 5 in pass attempts. Like I said, he had less than a 55 completion percent.

I have been watching Nick Foles since college and I think he will be elite. Anyone that watches Nick Foles can see that he is very intelligent, can read defenses, makes quick decisions and is accurate, but the media doesn't talk about him like that. They only mention how he had a couple passes that were short of his WRs, so everyone says he doesn't have an arm and he sucks.

You are nuts if you think Foles is better than Luck. Luck had so much put up him as a rookie, turnovers and completion percentage could be improved but he has the ability to be a elite QB.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm sorry, but looking at a rookie QB's stats to project how good of a QB he's going to be is dubious enough but...

Nick freeking Foles better than Andrew Luck?

Nick Foles would need a wheelbarrow and three of his cousins to carry Andrew Luck's jock.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh. OK. Thought your reaction was to calling the dude nuts.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Troll your boat somewhere else.

Troll my boat???

I don't even know what that means! :confused:

I follow the draft around like a puppy all year; and I'm telling you, with complete objectivity, that any "talk" of Nick Foles sniffing the first round was homer BS.