• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Give me a offensive and defensive player you think or hope breaks out this season

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Irvin - OLB. Once he comes off his 4 game suspension I think he could be Von Miller #2.
I think he could be like Von Miller during the 4 game suspension, too

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Jets, this is who I think will break out.

Offense-Chris Ivory, RB.

Ivory is an interesting pick. He showed a lot in his very limited playing time in NO. However, he did get dinged up quite a bit in his limited role. Can he hold up for 300+ carries?

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D - Da'Quan Bowers
O - Josh Freeman I guess, for the first time ever the Bucs have a real offense. Dont know why everyone hates Freeman. But it would be nice for other people to shut up about him.

Because he isn't that good.

Hes an average QB.

Average is better than bad, but in todays game no one is going to rave over a QB completing 54% of his passes and has a 81 QB rating.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Broncos on defense I see Derek Wolfe having a big year. He had a pretty good rookie year but all off season I have been reading about how this guy has stepped up as a leader and just how he is primed for a big year.

On offense the only player that could really have a break out year would be from the RB position so I guess I would go with Montee Ball. He should have a very good opportunity with most defenses focusing on stopping the pass.

I'm going with Wolfe on the Broncos defense too. Teaming him inside with the rookie DT Sylvester Williams will hopefully give Denver a superior interior pass rush that we haven't had since Trevor Pryce was a DT his first few years.

On offense, however, I'm going with Welker for obvious reasons.

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ivory is an interesting pick. He showed a lot in his very limited playing time in NO. However, he did get dinged up quite a bit in his limited role. Can he hold up for 300+ carries?

He wasn't injured every year, I know last season he didn't get injured. He was just buried in a depth chart with other RBs. I don't think Ivory will get 300+ carries, I think they like Mike Goodson as well, as long as he doesn't end up suspended or in jail.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with Wolfe on the Broncos defense too. Teaming him inside with the rookie DT Sylvester Williams will hopefully give Denver a superior interior pass rush that we haven't had since Trevor Pryce was a DT his first few years.

I guess I just look at Welker as a guy that has already broken out in this league. He hasn't done it with the Broncos so I guess you could count him.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Defense: I think Tennessee DE Derrick Morgan is going to become a force in the NFL right around this year. He had some injuries early on, but he's gotten better with time & I think he could be a really good one.

Runner up: Nick Perry.

Offense: I gotta go with Aaron Hernandez. If Ray Lewis & OJ are any indication, I wouldn't be surprised if he breaks out this year.

Runner up on offense: I'm going to sound like a Titans fan, but I gotta go with Jake Locker. The Titans have bestowed upon him many gifts this offseason (especially on the OL). The Titans are shaping up to have one of the best OLs in the game. Add the fact that they drafted Justin Hunter & already have some great WR talent (and Chris Johnson can be a receiving threat too) he's not even going to have to be great to break out IMO.

Runner up to runner up on offense:

I want to say Greg Little, but he's a Cleveland Brown. So if he gets traded to another team: Greg Little.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense: I think Tennessee DE Derrick Morgan is going to become a force in the NFL right around this year. He had some injuries early on, but he's gotten better with time & I think he could be a really good one.

Runner up: Nick Perry.

Offense: I gotta go with Aaron Hernandez. If Ray Lewis & OJ are any indication, I wouldn't be surprised if he breaks out this year.

Runner up on offense: I'm going to sound like a Titans fan, but I gotta go with Jake Locker. The Titans have bestowed upon him many gifts this offseason (especially on the OL). The Titans are shaping up to have one of the best OLs in the game. Add the fact that they drafted Justin Hunter & already have some great WR talent (and Chris Johnson can be a receiving threat too) he's not even going to have to be great to break out IMO.

Runner up to runner up on offense:

I want to say Greg Little, but he's a Cleveland Brown. So if he gets traded to another team: Greg Little.

He does have one of the USA's best law firms representing him. Carroll will probably sign him and he'll have a 1,200 yard, 10 TD season and become a staple HOFer. Carroll seems to have 0 character/morale concerns. Him or Tomlin.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He does have one of the USA's best law firms representing him. Carroll will probably sign him and he'll have a 1,200 yard, 10 TD season and become a staple HOFer. Carroll seems to have 0 character/morale concerns. Him or Tomlin.

Well I was really just going with the "breaks out" pun, but legitimate point nonetheless.

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope

Offensive: Rueben Randle and David Wilson
Defensive: Amukamara, Adrian Tracy and Jacquan Williams

break out for the Giants.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, this is tough. Asking us to predict the next JJ Watt. 5.5 sacks to 20.5 sacks. Pretty good player to flat out superstar.

On offense, I'm going to go with Jay Cutler. Yeah, I know, I'm crazy and stupid. This is my reasoning: he has the star power help with Forte and Marshall, Hester as the x-factor. I feel like Trestman, with an offensive mind, will finally put the puzzle together.

On defense, I'm going with Patrick Peterson. I think this is the year he takes over the #1 CB in the NFL.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
On defense, I'm going with Patrick Peterson. I think this is the year he takes over the #1 CB in the NFL.

I thought he broke out last season (covering Crabtree notwithstanding).

Cutler could break out, but I still think it's gonne be tough for him to do anything with the 0.3 seconds he has before a defender is in his face. He needs a better OL like Aaron Hernandez needs a good legal defense.

But I like the couple of non-49er picks. Anyone else have predictions about players on other teams?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of did mean from your team.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cutler could break out, but I still think it's gonne be tough for him to do anything with the 0.3 seconds he has before a defender is in his face. He needs a better OL like Aaron Hernandez needs a good legal defense.

But I like the couple of non-49er picks. Anyone else have predictions about players on other teams?

I think CJ Spiller could have a huge year like 2,000 all purpose yards kind of break out year with really becoming one of the major big play running backs in the NFL.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How can Welker break out? He's already established.

For New England, Aaron Dobson and chandler jones.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, this is tough. Asking us to predict the next JJ Watt. 5.5 sacks to 20.5 sacks. Pretty good player to flat out superstar.

On offense, I'm going to go with Jay Cutler. Yeah, I know, I'm crazy and stupid. This is my reasoning: he has the star power help with Forte and Marshall, Hester as the x-factor. I feel like Trestman, with an offensive mind, will finally put the puzzle together.

Cutler's decision making can't be fixed IMO. I like the Peterson pick though.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles

Offense - Nick Foles - I think he will excel in Chip Kelly's offense. Note: Chip Kelly says his offense is tailored around a QB that makes quick decisions, is accurate and doesn't turn the ball over, not mobility like so many think. And I think Foles is very intelligent, is great at reading the defense, has shown already to get rid of the ball quickly and is accurate. The only thing that he hasn't shown yet is how to keep the turnovers down, but he was a rookie playing with an O-line that was missing 4 starters and even backups, didn't have Shady or D-Jax, and the defense quit on the team by that time so he was always trying to play catch up.

Defense - Nate Allen - In a 3/4 defense, he won't be asked to come up and make a play on the running back nearly as much, so he can only focus solely on playing the pass. He won't be playing next to a crappy safety like Kurt Coleman, nor CBs like Rodgers-Cromartie and Aso, where. Rodgers-Cromartie lacked effort and Aso is old, washed up and was overrated.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was following the JJ Watt mold of breakout player. From pretty good to maybe the best.

I fully acknowledge that I went way out on a limb with Cutler, but I feel like with Forte behind him and Marshall as his #1, with good offensive coaching he should put up a great year. So, I think he has a chance to be the 2013 breakout player... pretty small chance... but, I think he can do it in a perfect storm.

With Peterson, I was just thinking this might be the year he separates himself and 31 out of 32 fanbases say that he is #1.