• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Give me a offensive and defensive player you think or hope breaks out this season

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Jets, this is who I think will break out.

Offense-Chris Ivory, RB. The Jets apparently believe this guy could be a top 10 RB and so do I. If he stays healthy I think hes going to be a stud. He has a lot of talent in the way he runs. He has speed, strength, instincts, and burst. I could see him rushing for 1,200+ yards with a 4.5-4.7 average.

hi-res-156036732_crop_exact.jpg

Defense-Quinton Coples, OLB. Last season he showed talent and was our best pass rusher. For whatever reason the Jets didn't use him a lot but he showed the ability to get after the QB. He has the size/length at 6'6 280, he has the athletic ability and speed. Its all about how much does he want it. My prediction is the Jets finally get a 10+ sack guy as he gets over that this season. I'll go with 10-12 sacks for Coples.

11715708-large.jpg

Rodgers_Cobb_Nelson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greenbay

Finley- I think he finally becomes a top tightend in the league this year.

Defense- Nick Perry. I'm hoping he becomes the threat opposite of Clay that we need.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Broncos on defense I see Derek Wolfe having a big year. He had a pretty good rookie year but all off season I have been reading about how this guy has stepped up as a leader and just how he is primed for a big year.

On offense the only player that could really have a break out year would be from the RB position so I guess I would go with Montee Ball. He should have a very good opportunity with most defenses focusing on stopping the pass.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Lions it needs to be:

DT Nick Fairley

WR Ryan Broyles

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens:

Offense - Bernard Pierce (although he already sort of broke out last year).

Defense - Jimmy Smith (will form outstanding playmaking CB duo with Ladarius Webb)

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panzers:

Defense: Josh Norman

Offense: Brandon Lafell

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Bears the big names have to be

Offense: Cutler- Finally has the offensive coaches around him he needs, has offensice weapons, improved line, contract year.....He HAS to perform to stay.

Defene: D.J. Williams/Jonathon Bostic- Filling in a huge hole with the loss of Brian Urlacher. Williams looking to redeem himself and Bostic (Rookie) wanting to show what he is made of.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden Tate Seattle - Quietly amassed 7 TDs last year with very few overall targets. Harvin will open up Tate he proved he just goes and gets balls. Hail Mary Green Bay case in point. And don't try arguing that wasn't a catch by Tate.

Shame on the Angry Mob: Golden Tate?s Touchdown Was Legit

Bruce Irvin - OLB. Once he comes off his 4 game suspension I think he could be Von Miller #2.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D - Da'Quan Bowers
O - Josh Freeman I guess, for the first time ever the Bucs have a real offense. Dont know why everyone hates Freeman. But it would be nice for other people to shut up about him.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D - Da'Quan Bowers
O - Josh Freeman I guess, for the first time ever the Bucs have a real offense. Dont know why everyone hates Freeman. But it would be nice for other people to shut up about him.

I like Freeman. Who hates him? Are you saying that other Bucs fans hate him or fans in general hate him? I've never seen 'hate' for him. He really hasn't drawn attention to garner a bunch of positive posts.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden Tate Seattle - Quietly amassed 7 TDs last year with very few overall targets. Harvin will open up Tate he proved he just goes and gets balls. Hail Mary Green Bay case in point. And don't try arguing that wasn't a catch by Tate.

Shame on the Angry Mob: Golden Tate?s Touchdown Was Legit

Bruce Irvin - OLB. Once he comes off his 4 game suspension I think he could be Von Miller #2.

Harvin is not the type of WR that opens things up for others, in fact he is the exact opposite. He will never line up Outside all game and keep a CB and S tied up. He is a slot guy that runs.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your talking specifically just my favorite team

I think it will Be CJ Spiller on offense.
hi-res-136100201_crop_650.jpg

They are going to run a uptempo system and run a lot more then Chan Gailey .... the weaker Oline might hurt with running stats but I think his all around stats should be pro bowl worth.

On defense I like Marcell Dareus to have a break out year.

marcell-dareus-076944077.jpg

Now that he has his personal issues in the past Mario Williams is healthy which will help take pressure off and new defensive scheme that actually calls for a blitz for more then once a game should help him out.

Im going to throw in an Honorable Mention. Jerry Hughes

Jerry+Hughes+Cincinnati+Bengals+v+Indianapolis+rsDpRjBRHyul.jpg

Considered a first round bust in Indy but had ok numbers and then did preform well in a new system. With the Bills will be playing in a LB friendly system and is still really young.... since we have no quality LB I think he will get a real shot to shine.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Freeman. Who hates him? Are you saying that other Bucs fans hate him or fans in general hate him? I've never seen 'hate' for him. He really hasn't drawn attention to garner a bunch of positive posts.

Every thing I have read has Freeman benched by week 14 this season, at the latest. I have yet to read one thing about Freeman improving. Its like his career is already over.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every thing I have read has Freeman benched by week 14 this season, at the latest. I have yet to read one thing about Freeman improving. Its like his career is already over.

Hmm interesting. I know either the Bucs' head coach or GM (one of them) HATES Freeman. Why I dunno, but hence the draft pick of the QB.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think with Freeman some of it is just him as a person. He doesn't have much of a personality so it makes it easy to not like him. I actually met him once as we went to the same college and to be honest I would not be sad if he failed. The kid was a grade A jerk the time I met him and from talking around campus he was not a well liked person. Now how much of that shows up in the locker room I have no idea. As an actual player he does have talent and I think he can have success in the NFL.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm interesting. I know either the Bucs' head coach or GM (one of them) HATES Freeman. Why I dunno, but hence the draft pick of the QB.

Thats what I am saying Man! The Bucs have drafted 2 QBs in the last 8 years. One in the 1st round (Freeman) and one in the 3rd (Glennon). Freeman is in the last year of his contract. If the Bucs did not draft a QB and Freeman walked at the end of the year the Bucs would have Dan Orvlasky. The guy who ran out of the end zone for a safety for no reason, that is his greatest play.

Now at least if Freeman walks, the Bucs have a young guy with 1 year in the system.

I expect Freeman to have a Great Year (4,500 yards, 30TDs) and sign a big contract and hopefully the Bucs can trade Glennon in a few years for a 2nd or even a 1st.

Its the Media, and everyone in it, that just assumes because we draft a QB the head coach hates Freeman. Freeman at 24 year old broke every QB record the Bucs had (obviously those records were nothing to talk about). Hopefully after this year all that dies off.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with Freeman some of it is just him as a person. He doesn't have much of a personality so it makes it easy to not like him. I actually met him once as we went to the same college and to be honest I would not be sad if he failed. The kid was a grade A jerk the time I met him and from talking around campus he was not a well liked person. Now how much of that shows up in the locker room I have no idea. As an actual player he does have talent and I think he can have success in the NFL.

He does have an aloof personality and I agree it makes it easy for others to dislike him. People think he has no passion because of it. As a fan it does make it hard to watch when things are going badly, you kind of want him to show more emotion.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams

Offense: It has to be Bradford, right? The offense really doesn't look like it has a featured guy
Defense: I'm going to go with Trumaine Johnson because I think he is the CB that is going to get targeted the most