• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giroux

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the game. I just heard that both Bryzy and Giroux left due to injuries. Anyone know the status? I just saw a replay of the collision of Simmonds on Giroux. This really sucks. The Flyers are rolling and injuries are continuing to kill us.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twitter is saying they kept him out as a precaution, no headaches tonight. But they'll know more tomorrow

Sounds like bryz has a thigh bruise or tweaked groin. Doesn't look like its serious at all.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twitter is saying they kept him out as a precaution, no headaches tonight. But they'll know more tomorrow

Sounds like bryz has a thigh bruise or tweaked groin. Doesn't look like its serious at all.

Thank goodness. The injuries are killing us.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giroux is a trooper. I don't see this slowing him down at all. All of the articles are saying he "suffered a head injury" and then not going into detail about it. I think that is perhaps misleading if he didn't even have concussion symptoms and they kept him out as a precaution only.

I hope the worst part of this is that he didn't have another period to extend his Nhl point lead.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Giroux is a trooper. I don't see this slowing him down at all. All of the articles are saying he "suffered a head injury" and then not going into detail about it. I think that is perhaps misleading if he didn't even have concussion symptoms and they kept him out as a precaution only.

I hope the worst part of this is that he didn't have another period to extend his Nhl point lead.

I forget where I saw it, but I read the Flyers brass threw out the HBO camera men after they sent Giroux to the locker room. That had to have been a scary sight.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The camera's have to leave the locker room as per the agreement with the league when there is an injury situation. But, that should make for interesting TV.

I think that there is a little too much "sun is shining" about Giroux's situation. Concussions don't necessarily show up in that first instant evaluation. (by the people who missed Pronger's). I will feel better when we KNOW that Giroux is in the clear and not "waiting for evaluations tomorrow".

shrike19

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping giroux will be ok, I think with the other concussion issues (pronger and others in the league) it's just a precaution.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GIroux update, is that he is feeling much better. Read that any way you wish.

I dont that at all to be honest. Screams 'we're not telling the truth' to me

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed it also, saw the replayed on Sportscenter last night. Been dieing to get online and hear whats going on.

I cant believe "precautionary" just yet. Pronger's sniffles have turned into concussion symptoms.

We kill Simmonds if Roo is hurt.

Oh and Bryz, same stuff.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely took a good whack to the back of the head. I'm sure that his neck is sore and hopefully thats about it. Crossing my fingers!!!

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What else was Simmonds going to do? Completely demolish him? I'm sure Giroux is fine, it wasn't that horrible. Like you've read, prolly just precautionary.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd hate to keep Giroux out even one game unless absolutely necessary since he's on fire, there's no sign of him ever slowing down and even missing a game here or a game there could cost him the Art Ross, the Hart or any other number of big time awards. That said, I don't see Kessel or Lupul catching him again and the Sedins can keep pace but are 5 and 6 points back respectively with an extra game played. Everyone else is too far back with too many games played.

Last edited by a moderator:

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homer was saying precaution as it is only December. Hopefully will be in line up tomorrow night.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homer was saying precaution as it is only December. Hopefully will be in line up tomorrow night.

Well, he is "continuing to feel better" and he is not going to travel with the team today, plus he's seeing the doctor again tomorrow. I guess that means he's missing at least this one game. If this shit turns into a Crosby-esque type time frame, it is going to drive us all fucking nuts, not to mention all of the shit we're going to get from his fans.

:drink:

I guess I'm alright if Giroux misses a game or two to be certain he's 100% fine, but if he really is concussed, just fucking tell us already and get this over with. Even at 90% right now, he's better than 100% of all other active Nhl players. I say that because his point per game production is at least 12% higher than that of every other player anywhere near him in the race for the Art Ross.

Last edited by a moderator:

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he is "continuing to feel better" and he is not going to travel with the team today, plus he's seeing the doctor again tomorrow. I guess that means he's missing at least this one game. If this shit turns into a Crosby-esque type time frame, it is going to drive us all fucking nuts, not to mention all of the shit we're going to get from his fans.

:drink:

I guess I'm alright if Giroux misses a game or two to be certain he's 100% fine, but if he really is concussed, just fucking tell us already and get this over with. Even at 90% right now, he's better than 100% of all other active Nhl players. I say that because his point per game production is at least 12% higher than that of every other player anywhere near him in the race for the Art Ross.

I just read that he is not traveling with the team. Better safe than sorry, but give me a break. Pronger, Schenn, Gust, Lilja all missing significant time.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he has a concussion i want simmonds dealt to the Islanders immediately.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read that he is not traveling with the team. Better safe than sorry, but give me a break. Pronger, Schenn, Gust, Lilja all missing significant time.

No kidding but its best if they let him sit we don't need to hear later on that they did the same thing to him as the pens did with crosby. A game or two will probably be a good thing for the kid anyway in the big picture. I can give two fucks about the scoring title I'm here for the CUP!!! : )

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No kidding but its best if they let him sit we don't need to hear later on that they did the same thing to him as the pens did with crosby. A game or two will probably be a good thing for the kid anyway in the big picture. I can give two fucks about the scoring title I'm here for the CUP!!! : )

Agree with this. Btw, as much as I dislike the Pens, it is really unfortunate what has happened to Sid. His career may end very early the way things are going. It's unreal with the amount of concussions in today's game.