• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giroux back?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrow night game time decision. If not, it sounds like he will definitely play Friday versus the Rags. Welcome back my man.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrow night game time decision. If not, it sounds like he will definitely play Friday versus the Rags. Welcome back my man.

If he comes back against the rags it will be the happiest day of my life, well maybe not but close.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds to me like he's going to give it a go tomorrow, if he feels right.. full practice today for him, taking regular shifts w/ hartnell and jagr

if he feels fine tomorrow i bet he's in the lineup (*fingers crossed)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds to me like he's going to give it a go tomorrow, if he feels right.. full practice today for him, taking regular shifts w/ hartnell and jagr

if he feels fine tomorrow i bet he's in the lineup (*fingers crossed)

I am going to church tonight to say a prayer the fingers crossed thing is not enough.

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am going to church tonight to say a prayer the fingers crossed thing is not enough.

What you should be praying for even more than him coming back so soon, is pray for him not he hit in the head ever again, and god forbid it happening anytime soon, because that could screw his season and career.

The thing with concussions is if you get another 1 in quick sucession it really screws u up. I say rest him, just for precautionary measures.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i had a great response to all this typed up then my comp shut down.. but..

long story short, roo didn't take as big a hit as either of the concussions crosby took, lets not over react to him getting hit in the head

all of this has been precausionary.. they held him out of the game, they wouldn't let him skate for 3 days.. if he plays tomorrow that will be 3 days in a row of hard practice without symptoms.. if he plays tomorrow, i'm not concerned at all

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant say anthing. Greats news, until something bad happens.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i had a great response to all this typed up then my comp shut down.. but..

long story short, roo didn't take as big a hit as either of the concussions crosby took, lets not over react to him getting hit in the head

all of this has been precausionary.. they held him out of the game, they wouldn't let him skate for 3 days.. if he plays tomorrow that will be 3 days in a row of hard practice without symptoms.. if he plays tomorrow, i'm not concerned at all

Good post, I was saying the same thing the other day, I think his whole injury was just a precautionary period to see if he really was injured, I think he is fine...

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think the term concussion is being used incorrectly in some of these injuries, if a neck injury occurs it tends to share a good bit of symptoms with a concussion. I'm not saying G was miss-diagnosed just saying it annoying to hear everyone who gets checked and misses a game has a "concussion". G is an incredible athlete, I'm pretty sure he did that extreme training regiment with Gary Roberts again this past summer, so he knows how to take care of himself. What concerns me is coming back and having to play the Rags twice in a matter of 10 days. They have numerous pieces of shit who will most likely run G, in fact I'm sure Torts has "concuss Giroux" as one of his keys to victory on the board now. Its' going be hard to really tell if he is 100% or not because is so much better then the vast majority of his competition this year. My hope is that if he feels or exhibits even the slightest sign of lingering affects he needs to be sat no matter what.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think the term concussion is being used incorrectly in some of these injuries, if a neck injury occurs it tends to share a good bit of symptoms with a concussion. I'm not saying G was miss-diagnosed just saying it annoying to hear everyone who gets checked and misses a game has a "concussion". G is an incredible athlete, I'm pretty sure he did that extreme training regiment with Gary Roberts again this past summer, so he knows how to take care of himself. What concerns me is coming back and having to play the Rags twice in a matter of 10 days. They have numerous pieces of shit who will most likely run G, in fact I'm sure Torts has "concuss Giroux" as one of his keys to victory on the board now. Its' going be hard to really tell if he is 100% or not because is so much better then the vast majority of his competition this year. My hope is that if he feels or exhibits even the slightest sign of lingering affects he needs to be sat no matter what.
I know Schenn worked out with Roberts over the summer. I didn't know G was.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was Schenn who worked out with Roberts over the summer. I didn't know G was.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was Schenn who worked out with Roberts over the summer. I didn't know G was.

I could have sworn I read something saying G did too, I know Schenn did. I'm sure that G was training up in Canada with some big fitness freak 2 years ago as well. I may have incorrectly connected him to Roberts. The rest of my points are valid though.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this isn't too soon.

42.gif
I wish that they would release a report on the severity of G's concussion. It would be nice to know if he can play full tilt or does he have to pull a Jeff Carter and be cream puff soft?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Train Like A Freak!

G will be back and better than ever. I still think he will compete for the Art Ross and Hart. If his return is friday instead of tonight, I'm cool with that. :cool2:

Last edited by a moderator:

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed x2. Wouldn't it be awesome to see him own those 2 fat ass trophies?? lol

This one would be cool too --->
cup.gif