• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Giants @ Seahawks, 3:05 CST

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would really love to see Russ cook this game. Little disappointed the Hawks have gotten away from it.

Go Hawks, let's go 9-3!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but let him cook in the right way. I think the whole coaching staff doesn't understand the whole "let Russ Cook" and what it means. it DOES NOT MEAN let him throw 40+ times a game, it means to get him involved, RPO, Roll outs, Move the pocket get Russ on the edge. It means to get him involved more keep him going and yes it does mean throw a little more as in don't wait till the 4th quarter when you are down 14 to start doing these things.

Let Russ Cook isn't 40+ passing attempts a game it's stands for getting him MORE involved not just handing it off 30+ times against a team that has stopped your running game cold.

I have even heard fans talking about it and they think "let Russ Cook" means he has to throw the ball more ... WTF! NO! 35 pass attempts with some Roll outs and bootlegs, Designed QB runs etc etc. He is one of the more talented offensive weapons in the NFL as a package not only a QB. Use him!

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I really want to see is 2 or 3 more deep balls to DK. Especially early on.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I really want to see is 2 or 3 more deep balls to DK. Especially early on.

i would like to see Russ get Lockett and DK equal shares to be honest. I also wanted to bring something up that i noticed in the all 22. When Lockett, DK, Moore and even Swain all take off from the LoS they all get like 2 yards ahead of DK from the start. I would like to See DK be more explosive on the Snap. Sure he almost instantly makes up that distance after 5-10 yards but this also allows CB to adjust much easier on his routes. DK HAS TO without a DOUBT be more aggressive at the snap.

Staff needs to work on his release...a lot.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would like to see Russ get Lockett and DK equal shares to be honest. I also wanted to bring something up that i noticed in the all 22. When Lockett, DK, Moore and even Swain all take off from the LoS they all get like 2 yards ahead of DK from the start. I would like to See DK be more explosive on the Snap. Sure he almost instantly makes up that distance after 5-10 yards but this also allows CB to adjust much easier on his routes. DK HAS TO without a DOUBT be more aggressive at the snap.

Staff needs to work on his release...a lot.
He's a big dude. Metcalf is 4 inches taller and between 20 and 40 pounds heavier than the rest of the receiving corps. I don't think any amount of coaching or training can change the fact that a 182 pound Lockett or a 199 pound Swain are going to be far quicker off the line than a 229 pound Metcalf. It just takes a couple milliseconds longer to get that extra 30 pounds moving. It's really just physics.

And I don't think Metcalf should worry about changing anything at this point considering he's the league's leading WR. About the only thing he should change is maybe some stickier gloves because he does drop the odd ball now and then. Other than that he's playing about as perfect as any fan could hope.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a big dude. Metcalf is 4 inches taller and between 20 and 40 pounds heavier than the rest of the receiving corps. I don't think any amount of coaching or training can change the fact that a 182 pound Lockett or a 199 pound Swain are going to be far quicker off the line than a 229 pound Metcalf. It just takes a couple milliseconds longer to get that extra 30 pounds moving. It's really just physics.

And I don't think Metcalf should worry about changing anything at this point considering he's the league's leading WR. About the only thing he should change is maybe some stickier gloves because he does drop the odd ball now and then. Other than that he's playing about as perfect as any fan could hope.

I will try and find a video showing this but Metcalf has a false step, he rocks back onto his back leg at the snap to dig in off the line. If he removes that false step he would be right with those guys. You push off with your back leg and pull through on your step but DK rocks back to put weight on his back leg to dig in. this slows him down. It is something i did also when i was playing football and it took all 4 years in highschool to break me of that habit. Ok now i will try and find a good video showing this false step from DK.

the first play shows this false step and there is another one at the 1:52 mark. Another at the 2:09 mark, and another at the 2:26 mark. Something he needs more work on is all.

Last edited:

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will try and find a video showing this but Metcalf has a false step, he rocks back onto his back leg at the snap to dig in off the line. If he removes that false step he would be right with those guys. You push off with your back leg and pull through on your step but DK rocks back to put weight on his back leg to dig in. this slows him down. It is something i did also when i was playing football and it took all 4 years in highschool to break me of that habit. Ok now i will try and find a good video showing this false step from DK.

the first play shows this false step and there is another one at the 1:52 mark. Another at the 2:09 mark, and another at the 2:26 mark. Something he needs more work on is all.

Maybe it's something he could work on, but it's a pretty minor gripe really. I mean the dude has a 4.33 40 yard speed. That puts him up near the fastest all time. I think the fastest ever was 4.24 seconds. I wouldn't want to be the coach that goes up to Metcalf and tells him he should be faster.

Honestly, I think if he wants to focus on some things to improve on it's just his hands and his mind. He drops some balls that he should catch. I'm not talking about those contested 50/50 balls where he has a DB draped all over him. I'm talking about the ones where the ball goes in and out of his hands because his brain is already thinking about YAC yards instead of just completing the catch.

But if you think the coaches can squeeze an extra little burst out of his take off I'm not against it. I just think they probably would work on other things first.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's something he could work on, but it's a pretty minor gripe really. I mean the dude has a 4.33 40 yard speed. That puts him up near the fastest all time. I think the fastest ever was 4.24 seconds. I wouldn't want to be the coach that goes up to Metcalf and tells him he should be faster.

Honestly, I think if he wants to focus on some things to improve on it's just his hands and his mind. He drops some balls that he should catch. I'm not talking about those contested 50/50 balls where he has a DB draped all over him. I'm talking about the ones where the ball goes in and out of his hands because his brain is already thinking about YAC yards instead of just completing the catch.

But if you think the coaches can squeeze an extra little burst out of his take off I'm not against it. I just think they probably would work on other things first.

It is minor but it also isn't when you are talking about a real good WR and a great one. Man i would love to see him release better because that will improve his quickness tremendously. It could remove 3 tenths of a second off his split time or in a more understandable way a full 1 stride more in a 40 yard dash. yeah thats scary, that would be a 4.1 40 at 6 foot 3 229 oof and his quickness score would have been a lot better in the short shuttle. To be honest with DK's top speed i think 4.1 is in his reach if he could improve that false step. My God thats just crazy.

Hands will improve naturally as you are catching balls everyday and coached, the false step has to be coached out of you as most do not even realise they are doing it and you got to really drill it in. It takes a long time to change a mechanic you have had ever since you First started to run.

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My HS coach had a neat trick for coaching that false step out. He put our backs against a wall and let us take our "front foot" one step forward. This keep us from stepping back( the wall ). Then in front of us was the high jump pole set at oh about chin high if you are standing there flat footed. This makes us squat into our release and the wall forces us to not backstep/false step. The Bar made us load up our front foot which removed the front false step and the wall made us not take a false step with the back foot, it was pretty smart and really was a strong way to grill it. Still it took a long time even when doing that to break a habit i had had all my life before then. I would say by the end of my sophomore season i wasn't false stepping 90% of the time, and by my senior year it was all but gone.

That's not bad from someone that was false stepping 100% of the time. Hell i ran track and they never taught that out of me but i was also running out of blocks so there was no false step, But there was the rock back. now that i think about it, i think the blocks made me have that false step.

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the last 3 games ( 2 wins 1 loss ) the Hawks defense has been so very much different. If you take their averages over the past 3 games of 317 Yards per game that's 7th best in the NFL and their 20.3 PPG is ranked 5th best. To bad the Offense during this span ( and even before it ) has been lackluster at best compared to how it was before. If the Hawks can get their offense rolling again like it was and the defense continues to play like they are, this is a Superbowl team. If only.....

Top 10 Defense with the #1 offense that would be crazy.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an outsider it is easy to label seattle now. They are just like green bay. Not a single team on the planet wants to face them because we all know that russ or aaron can get on fire and beat anyone, and there is no stopping them if it happens. Outside of that, they are a beatable team.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the last 3 games ( 2 wins 1 loss ) the Hawks defense has been so very much different. If you take their averages over the past 3 games of 317 Yards per game that's 7th best in the NFL and their 20.3 PPG is ranked 5th best. To bad the Offense during this span ( and even before it ) has been lackluster at best compared to how it was before. If the Hawks can get their offense rolling again like it was and the defense continues to play like they are, this is a Superbowl team. If only.....

Carlos Dunlap and Jamal Adams (healthy/back to shape) are basically the reason. And also because Jared Goof, Kyler Murray being injured, and Carson Wince....

Seattle was still missing assignments defensively and leaving players WIDE open against Philly. If this team goes up against Rodgers in the playoffs it's going to be a disaster lol.

BrownEyedGirl

Let's Go Islanders!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Daniel Jones was healthy and playing today but he's not. McCoy is a good backup but with him starting it means they will be playing super conservatively unless they fall behind early. If the game wasn't in Seattle and Jones were playing then I think NY would have a better shot. If Gallman plays well and the defense can play well like they have been then they could keep it closer than expected.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It will be nice if the defensive side stays healthy and continues the trend. The pass rush is definitely vastly improved with Adams back healthy and the addition of Dunlap. I saw a stat on one of the talk shows last week that showed the pass rush number for us alongside the Saints and Steelers. Right there with them in sacks, pressures and QB hits. Now granted, the Eagles game boosted those numbers but the guys have a lot of below average Olines down the stretch run and a bunch of scrub QBs that can't handle pressure well so that will help the defense to build confidence. Of course, they will have to face better QBs and lines in the playoffs but this stretch of games could be great for fine tuning. Not expecting some miracle but just get to respectable and give Russ and the offense a chance which is what they are doing right now.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be nice if the defensive side stays healthy and continues the trend. The pass rush is definitely vastly improved with Adams back healthy and the addition of Dunlap. I saw a stat on one of the talk shows last week that showed the pass rush number for us alongside the Saints and Steelers. Right there with them in sacks, pressures and QB hits. Now granted, the Eagles game boosted those numbers but the guys have a lot of below average Olines down the stretch run and a bunch of scrub QBs that can't handle pressure well so that will help the defense to build confidence. Of course, they will have to face better QBs and lines in the playoffs but this stretch of games could be great for fine tuning. Not expecting some miracle but just get to respectable and give Russ and the offense a chance which is what they are doing right now.

What's disappointed me some is Jordyn Brooks. He had a HUGE pressure rate in College, but I feel like he's hardly being used to pressure the QB.

I get he's a replacement for KJ (who never blitzes much) but 0 QB hits with his speed/skillset is a little questionable to me.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's disappointed me some is Jordyn Brooks. He had a HUGE pressure rate in College, but I feel like he's hardly being used to pressure the QB.

I get he's a replacement for KJ (who never blitzes much) but 0 QB hits with his speed/skillset is a little questionable to me.
Yeah, but we don't really use LBs a lot in pass rush and when we do send someone, it's usually up the gut with Wags. I think with Adams back, we will see even less of that.
As to your other post Shark. I agree, they really have to tighten up on the back end because at times, they seem to lose concentration and leave guys wide open. Imo, no way those scrub WRs in Philly should have had any daylight. And to be fair, most of the game they weren't getting any seperation. But we got lucky on the underthrow to Goddert that hit Wags on the helmet. As much as I love Wags and he's a surefire HOFer, he can't be covering that deep without help from the safety. It's just dumb and if Wentz throws that ball in front of the TE instead of underthrown, it's likely 6 points. But to the other guys who were open underneath on that play, not letting our guys off the hook here but Wentz stared down Goddert all the way. Again, can't do that vs the Rodgers', Brees', Brady's etc or they get burned. All in all though, like I said, the team gets to face a lot of scrubs down the stretch so it's almost like a tune-up/ preseason thing.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let Russ cook! Giants actually have a pretty good run defense.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How was that not targeting on this hit against Lockett? Defender led with his helmet and everything...