• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants Radio Streaming Broadcasts?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll swear I used to be able to stream live broadcasts from KNBR. There were times where it was blocked, but only rarely.

I tried today to get the radio broadcast on line, but everything pointed me to an MLB.com subscription. I need yet another streaming subscription like we need need another Oracle beer price hike. Even my exorbitant Sirius XM fees don't cover Giants broadcast

Anyone get around this or am I in the market for an AM radio?

My dad built my first 'transistor' radio for me in the late 50's. Housed it in a plastic cigarette case with a 9v battery. Had an earplug that ran up my long sleeve shirts so I could 'palm' it in my ear during school. Only way to listen to the WS in grade school. WTF, do I really need to resurrect 60 y.o. technology. Good job MLB, keep fans from accessing the game :bullshit:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll swear I used to be able to stream live broadcasts from KNBR. There were times where it was blocked, but only rarely.

I tried today to get the radio broadcast on line, but everything pointed me to an MLB.com subscription. I need yet another streaming subscription like we need need another Oracle beer price hike. Even my exorbitant Sirius XM fees don't cover Giants broadcast

Anyone get around this or am I in the market for an AM radio?

My dad built my first 'transistor' radio for me in the late 50's. Housed it in a plastic cigarette case with a 9v battery. Had an earplug that ran up my long sleeve shirts so I could 'palm' it in my ear during school. Only way to listen to the WS in grade school. WTF, do I really need to resurrect 60 y.o. technology. Good job MLB, keep fans from accessing the game :bullshit:
KNBR through iHeart usually let’s the game through. But admittedly, not always. The radio-only subscription through the mlb app is only about $20 or $30 per season. The full MLB package (subject to blackout) is about $130 per.

As it is right now, I get blacked out for all Padre games. That is a pain in the ass, but it isn’t a deal breaker yet. I will be paying close attention to how all their new streaming contracts effect the annual subscription. If I miss out on more games (ESPN, Peacock, YouTube, whatever else will be out there), I may unsubscribe. My extreme displeasure with the recent changes to the game are making that decision easier to make.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KNBR through iHeart usually let’s the game through. But admittedly, not always. The radio-only subscription through the mlb app is only about $20 or $30 per season. The full MLB package (subject to blackout) is about $130 per.

As it is right now, I get blacked out for all Padre games. That is a pain in the ass, but it isn’t a deal breaker yet. I will be paying close attention to how all their new streaming contracts effect the annual subscription. If I miss out on more games (ESPN, Peacock, YouTube, whatever else will be out there), I may unsubscribe. My extreme displeasure with the recent changes to the game are making that decision easier to make.
You're paying for the MLB subscription but still have the Padres blacked out or going through iHeart blacks you out in the Padre media market?

If I go AM, I'll be able to avoid the '1-800-Kars-For-Kids' mind numbing commercial that KNBR inserts every 15sec, so retro has that going for it

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're paying for the MLB subscription but still have the Padres blacked out or going through iHeart blacks you out in the Padre media market?

If I go AM, I'll be able to avoid the '1-800-Kars-For-Kids' mind numbing commercial that KNBR inserts every 15sec, so retro has that going for it
I am unable to watch any Padre games with my MLB subscription. I live in their market, so I am subject to their blackouts.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, if iHeart happens to be blocked, try TuneIn. SOMETIMES if one is blocked, the other isnt.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another note, that you probably already know…

Listening to the streaming radio broadcast doesn’t work if you are at the game. The streaming delay is about 90 seconds or so. Basically worthless.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
us the MLB app to stream the radio broadcasts for free. They only charge for the video. I used to listen to every game at work that way.
Is it the KNBR braodcast?

Have mercy on me, I live in North Carolina