• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants Owner Wants OBJ To Play More, Talk Less

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nurp. Garbage yardage doesn't count for much. His success rate is in the 30's. Which is not good.

Gurley and Hunt are like 60 and 62% IIRC; and lead the league. They are producing regardless of leverage.

Garbage yardage? A lot of those yards were during critical times & if he had any support from the rest of the team their record most likely would be a lot better. With the crappy play of their line it is a miracle that he has those stats.

What is your pt? That Barkley means basically nothing to the Giants? That Beckham is the end-all be-all for the Giants? Give Barkley a new QB & some other talent & he will shine - as much or more than OBJ. Granted not for as long, but I see no reason that he can't contribute for quite a while.

I guess that you prefer loudmouth dbags over humble, talented players. Such is life in 2018.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garbage yardage? A lot of those yards were during critical times & if he had any support from the rest of the team their record most likely would be a lot better. With the crappy play of their line it is a miracle that he has those stats.

What is your pt? That Barkley means basically nothing to the Giants? That Beckham is the end-all be-all for the Giants? Give Barkley a new QB & some other talent & he will shine - as much or more than OBJ. Granted not for as long, but I see no reason that he can't contribute for quite a while.

I guess that you prefer loudmouth dbags over humble, talented players. Such is life in 2018.

No, just think RB value is pretty much a non-factor without a team around them to leverage.

The Giants don't have it.

Some dude named James Conner has big numbers. It's not because he's an elite talent.

While we're at it, WR's only matter as much as the QB is able to get the ball to them; another position I am really particular about...

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A terrible take when a guy with like 40% of the offense has the offense is still producing a 1-5 record because the passing offense and defense are terrible?

You sure about that taek being bad, boss?

i think the last rushing leader whose team won the SB was 20 years ago with Terrell Davis but someone can check me to make sure... i believe i heard that not long ago.

The league has changed a lot... having a great RB obviously helps an offense immensely but this is such a passing league now that the RB position has certainly been diminished.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the last rushing leader whose team won the SB was 20 years ago with Terrell Davis but someone can check me to make sure... i believe i heard that not long ago.

The league has changed a lot... having a great RB obviously helps an offense immensely but this is such a passing league now that the RB position has certainly been diminished.
Need an OL and talent around the RB to leverage them.

The Chiefs can use Hunt with immense success in short yardage and the passing game (and apparently longer plays if they feel like it) and stay on schedule elsewhere.

Ditto with the Rams and Gurley.

You know when Gurley couldn't carry the Rams? When the talent around him on offense was a joke (bonus points for Jeff Fisher)

Barkley can be GOAT if he wants to and it will not matter on that Giants team.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A terrible take when a guy with like 40% of the offense has the offense is still producing a 1-5 record because the passing offense and defense are terrible?

You sure about that taek being bad, boss?

Barkley is the best offensive weapon the Giants have and you say he's a 2nd class citizen? Yes, I'm 100% sure about your take being bad, employee.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an analytically minded take. Yours?
Statistically minded take. Saquon Barkley is currently and will continue being the best offensive weapon that the Giants have simply based on the fact that the passing game is and will continue to be a complete joke with Eli Manning as the QB. While the O-line is absolutely horrible, that should speak even louder to how good Barkley is because he's still able to get yardage in mass.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DigitalIncompatibleIrishredandwhitesetter-max-1mb.gif

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Statistically minded take. Saquon Barkley is currently and will continue being the best offensive weapon that the Giants have simply based on the fact that the passing game is and will continue to be a complete joke with Eli Manning as the QB. While the O-line is absolutely horrible, that should speak even louder to how good Barkley is because he's still able to get yardage in mass.
So, basically, in terms of effecting W-L's, Barkley isn't that much of a factor is what you just told me.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year Eli escaped the blame because the fans pointed to the OL and the injuries at WR.

Now they have the "biggest OL FA Signing" and healthy WR's. Team still sucks. New coach, same results. There is a common theme here...and that's the Mara's suck and karma is a whore.
But they are breaking all the records for screen plays

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, basically, in terms of effecting W-L's, Barkley isn't that much of a factor is what you just told me.

Only position that affects Ws and Ls on a consistent basis is the QB spot. But calling Saquon Barkley a 2nd class Football citizen is incorrect in my opinion. He's arguably the best or 2nd best RB in the league right now.