• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants Owner Wants OBJ To Play More, Talk Less

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...he's not wrong. Let your game speak, not your big mouth. He's good and everything, but he needs to stop acting like a little bitch on the sidelines.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. I don't get fantasy points when OBJ spouts off. Just play.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could turn out to be a blessing in disguise in the long run. The Giants get a very high pick & might finally get their franchise QB in the next draft & still have Barkley. Meanwhile perhaps Beckham is humbled just enough to tone down his act & there finally are no more excuses from anyone about the need to retain Eli.

Long term this possibly results in the best outcome. Seriously did anyone (beyond outright homers) think that the Giants were making a SB run this season? Their issues extend beyond Manning. It would also be ill advised to fire Shurmur. Firing 2 coaches in 2 seasons would look really bad.

We will see. Personally I am fine with them being bad for a very long time, but most likely they will rebound as early as next season (& perhaps to a slight degree this season).

Color me stupid.

With the addition of Solder, Greco, Omameh, and UDFA Wheeler...I thought this revamped OL would at least be serviceable and with all the injured weapons coming back with Barkley...this would be a 9-7, 10-6 type squad even with a declining Eli.

After looking closer at this roster the record is starting to make sense...a little unlucky last week to lose to a 60+ yd FG ....but aside from Solder, the other OL guys are mostly low cap hit players that were discarded from their former teams. Basically putting a $20 mil QB behind some hot garbage for the most part.

Yeah, unless you're the Browns, it's rare to have back to back top 5 draft picks so it's possible the Giants can still land their franchise QB for the next decade.

HC...yeah, that's what I mean by slippery slope, but I don't think it's huge deal to axe Shurmur after one season if they are going to change QB, OC, etc. The Mara's are old school owners and will likely stick with Shurmur just to maintain some continuity.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh...you know what's always bothered me about that whole movie?

That nobody put Patrick Swayze in jail for statutory raipe

Didn't this take place in West Virginia? I don't think they have those laws there.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't this take place in West Virginia? I don't think they have those laws there.

Perhaps...also, Hollywood doesn't seem to have the same standards as most of the rest of the nation

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck every last Mara.

that is all
giphy.gif

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and intercepted.......
not always. Sometimes he bounces it 4 yards short so no one has a shot to catch it. His greatest plays are when he completely misses a WR but the guy is able to somehow make a miraculous play on the ball.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could turn out to be a blessing in disguise in the long run. The Giants get a very high pick & might finally get their franchise QB in the next draft & still have Barkley. Meanwhile perhaps Beckham is humbled just enough to tone down his act & there finally are no more excuses from anyone about the need to retain Eli.

Long term this possibly results in the best outcome. Seriously did anyone (beyond outright homers) think that the Giants were making a SB run this season? Their issues extend beyond Manning. It would also be ill advised to fire Shurmur. Firing 2 coaches in 2 seasons would look really bad.

We will see. Personally I am fine with them being bad for a very long time, but most likely they will rebound as early as next season (& perhaps to a slight degree this season).

I see them getting a real high draft next year if they continue the same path and that means they will reach for a QB. Is Herbert good enough to be the second or 3rd pick in the draft?

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not always. Sometimes he bounces it 4 yards short so no one has a shot to catch it. His greatest plays are when he completely misses a WR but the guy is able to somehow make a miraculous play on the ball.

Like stuck to the helmet in the big game miraculous.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Rivers woulda ended up in NY, I bet they could have had two or three more.
Ohh that's a great idea lets debate speculation. There ya go!

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year Eli escaped the blame because the fans pointed to the OL and the injuries at WR.

Now they have the "biggest OL FA Signing" and healthy WR's. Team still sucks. New coach, same results. There is a common theme here...and that's the Mara's suck and karma is a whore.

The adjustments to the O line have not worked. Barkley gets hit behind the line more often than not so there's no running game and Eli has no time to throw. I still release him after the year (6 mil cap hit as compared to his 23 mil salary) and draft a QB. They should have a top 3 or 4 pick and they need to do what's necessary to move up if they have to. Most of the other bad teams have QB's. They should have taken a QB this year, let him learn behind Eli as Eli takes the beating from the bad line and then have the rook take over. Instead they half assed it.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? He is accounting for almost 40% of their offense & he is in position where he doesn't have to depend on Eli for most of his yds. So using your logic I guess that Gurley really doesn't mean much to the Rams. Whatever you say.
Nurp. Garbage yardage doesn't count for much. His success rate is in the 30's. Which is not good.

Gurley and Hunt are like 60 and 62% IIRC; and lead the league. They are producing regardless of leverage.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might be the worst take I've ever seen. And I've seen some really really bad takes.
A terrible take when a guy with like 40% of the offense has the offense is still producing a 1-5 record because the passing offense and defense are terrible?

You sure about that taek being bad, boss?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So has he been traded or cut yet?