• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants' Olivier Vernon being Shopped

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A really important thing to think about going into next year - he's going from facing every team's LT to now lining up against their RT next year. Additionally, in the NFCE outside of last year, he was facing Tyron Smith, Jason Peters, and Trent Williams 6x per year. That's definitely not the case anymore. If he stays healthy, he's going to be a force for Cleveland that they simply weren't getting last year with Ogbah.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A really important thing to think about going into next year - he's going from facing every team's LT to now lining up against their RT next year. Additionally, in the NFCE outside of last year, he was facing Tyron Smith, Jason Peters, and Trent Williams 6x per year. That's definitely not the case anymore. If he stays healthy, he's going to be a force for Cleveland that they simply weren't getting last year with Ogbah.
Good point about the LTs in the NFC East, they are pretty studly. Before last year (with NYG, not sure about with Mia) he played exclusively at RDE and faced the LTs (He got the best of Tyron Smith a bunch of times). But last year the Giants moved him around on the DL to try to get him matchups on passing downs. The other helpful thing with Cle is not being the only pass rusher on a team like he was last year. The other reason his play suffered last year IMO is that the Giants moved from a 4-3 to a 3-4 before last season. I think if he can finally stay healthy he will be a good player for you. My point is simply about last year and him not being that good. If you want to argue he will help Cle, I won't argue that. Whether or not he is worth the Guard you gave up, I didn't watch Cle enough to comment on that.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point about the LTs in the NFC East, they are pretty studly. Before last year (with NYG, not sure about with Mia) he played exclusively at RDE and faced the LTs (He got the best of Tyron Smith a bunch of times). But last year the Giants moved him around on the DL to try to get him matchups on passing downs. The other helpful thing with Cle is not being the only pass rusher on a team like he was last year. The other reason his play suffered last year IMO is that the Giants moved from a 4-3 to a 3-4 before last season. I think if he can finally stay healthy he will be a good player for you. My point is simply about last year and him not being that good. If you want to argue he will help Cle, I won't argue that. Whether or not he is worth the Guard you gave up, I didn't watch Cle enough to comment on that.
I think you're right about the different defensive alignment. They moved him all over the place. I'm honestly never a fan of moving guys from the line to LB or vice versa. Being back in his natural spot in Cleveland, coupled with the fact that he won't be the primary pass rusher, is what makes me love this trade. If he's healthy, double digit sacks is very possible, if not very likely.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could really care less about sacks and more about pressure. He had the best season of his career last year only in 11 games.

You are clearly missing the point. The point is this is a huge upgrade for the Browns at DE and yes they lose Zeitler but he was overpaid, not to mention the fact they had 33rd overall pick RG sitting right behind Zeitler waiting for his chance to play.
All comes down to Corbett. Doesn't need to be as good as Zeitler but if he can just be maybe a little above average this move had to be made.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree about Ogbah, and also not upset to see Collins go but looks like both played better pre Greggggg Williams. Wonder if he was the issue?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree about Ogbah, and also not upset to see Collins go but looks like both played better pre Greggggg Williams. Wonder if he was the issue?
It very well could be. Outside of forcing turnovers, our defense had issues last year. I don't think they're done adding veterans to the front 7, and it'll be a focus in the draft as well. It could easily become a strength with just a couple more additions.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, now added Richardson as well. Looks like Cle had a goal of upgrading the DL

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, now added Richardson as well. Looks like Cle had a goal of upgrading the DL
Had to upgrade against the run. 4.7 YPA allowed isn't gonna cut it in the AFC North. My guess is they add at least one more person for the defensive front 7 before the draft.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to upgrade against the run. 4.7 YPA allowed isn't gonna cut it in the AFC North. My guess is they add at least one more person for the defensive front 7 before the draft.

I'm thinking a backup LB. Avery, Schobert and Kirksey are the guys now and a very solid group.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking a backup LB. Avery, Schobert and Kirksey are the guys now and a very solid group.
They're a solid group, but they're not great against the run. I'd like to see another thumper added to the group. I'm also not sure if Schobert wouldn't be better off being moved back to the outside.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're a solid group, but they're not great against the run. I'd like to see another thumper added to the group. I'm also not sure if Schobert wouldn't be better off being moved back to the outside.

Yeah Mosley would have fit in great bc that is what he does best or really the only thing he does. I'm sure they will add inside depth either in the draft or in FA.

Still some really good talent left:

Jordan Hicks, ILB
Denzel Perryman, ILB
Preston Brown, ILB

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Mosley would have fit in great bc that is what he does best or really the only thing he does. I'm sure they will add inside depth either in the draft or in FA.

Still some really good talent left:

Jordan Hicks, ILB
Denzel Perryman, ILB
Preston Brown, ILB
Perryman re-signed with the Chargers, but from what I hear, they have interest in Hicks. He could be a fantastic addition. He was the 10th ranked LB according to PFF this year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perryman re-signed with the Chargers, but from what I hear, they have interest in Hicks. He could be a fantastic addition. He was the 10th ranked LB according to PFF this year.

Damn I would have liked Perryman but I really like Hicks so I hope they can make a move on him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB got Preston Smith. The one I wanted the most was Hicks so I am hoping they grab him!