• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants' Olivier Vernon being Shopped

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well gee, let's take away everyone's best games of the year then. It's not like he was gonna drop from 11th to 60th if Tyron Smith was playing or something.
Well, gee, Let me ask you this: how many times did you watch him play last year. I watched him a lot. I don't get my opinions from the stats I read on the internet

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying he got almost 7 pressures per game? Where did you see that?
It was over 10 games, so he had almost 5 per game. I'll take that any day over the barely 2 from Ogbah.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would I ask casual fans about a guy over analysts? That's stupid. One game doesn't make someone's ranking fly completely up. You're talking out of your ass here.
Clearly I'm not the one talking out of my ass. Sounds like you are convincing yourself you made a great deal and found a stat somewhere to hang your hat on. Giants are glad to have his contract gone. He was likely going to be cut if you didn't trade for him. Think about that for a bit...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Go ask Giant fans if you think he was so good last year. He wasn't. Again his ranking was inflated by one huge game after the Giants had fallen out of the playoffs and against backups.

Go ask them how big of a loss it will be. The Giants upgrade their OL no doubt, but the Giants DL right now is absolute shit. Vernon wasn't that great last year but pretty damn good and by far the best DLineman the Giants had.

The only name I even recognize on that front 7 is Ogletree.

Are you saying he got almost 7 pressures per game? Where did you see that?

An article. Ogbah had something like 20 pressures? forgot the number and half of them were bc he wasn't blocked. HUGE difference. HUGE upgrade. Now lets see if he can stay healthy.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, gee, Let me ask you this: how many times did you watch him play last year. I watched him a lot. I don't get my opinions from the stats I read on the internet
I couldn't care less what your selective memory has you saying. He was a beast last year. Let me guess - him having the 7th highest pass rush rating among EDGE players last year was entirely a product of just one game, too? Because before that game he must've been somewhere in the 80s or 90s? Get a clue.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go ask them how big of a loss it will be. The Giants upgrade their OL no doubt, but the Giants DL right now is absolute shit. Vernon wasn't that great last year but pretty damn good and by far the best DLineman the Giants had.

An article. Ogbah had something like 20 pressures? forgot the number and half of them were bc he wasn't blocked. HUGE difference. HUGE upgrade. Now lets see if he can stay healthy.
"For the Browns, this was a no-brainer. Emmanuel Ogbah racked up a measly 31 pressures across from Myles Garrett last season – 15 of which were either unblocked or deemed a cleanup. On the other hand, Vernon had 46 on 82 fewer pass-rushing snaps."

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would have had even more but Dallas tackled him at the end of the game. I was there and Giants fans went nuts after the replay. He was dominant that day.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly I'm not the one talking out of my ass. Sounds like you are convincing yourself you made a great deal and found a stat somewhere to hang your hat on. Giants are glad to have his contract gone. He was likely going to be cut if you didn't trade for him. Think about that for a bit...

No he wasn't going to be cut LOL it's just what you want yourself to believe, for some reason. We are talking about the Giants best DLineman by A LOT. They now have to build an entire DL and basically front 7 through the draft and FA and they were already one of the worst getting to the QB in the league. They were second to last in sacks. Vernon had close to 25% of the sacks for NYG.

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would have had even more but Dallas tackled him at the end of the game. I was there and Giants fans went nuts after the replay. He was dominant that day.

I could really care less about sacks and more about pressure. He had the best season of his career last year only in 11 games.

You are clearly missing the point. The point is this is a huge upgrade for the Browns at DE and yes they lose Zeitler but he was overpaid, not to mention the fact they had 33rd overall pick RG sitting right behind Zeitler waiting for his chance to play.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found a stat? You mean a qualitative rating of his entire season? You're the one trying to manipulate it because he had one great game against a team resting 3 starters. And no, he wasn't getting cut. Clearly you continue to talk out of your ass.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep fooling yourselves. Signing Vernon was a huge disappointment for the Giants and they are glad to be out from under his contract. Twist it all you want, but that's a fact and if you paid attention you would know this. That doesn't mean he won't be good again going forward and doesn't mean Cle won't be very happy with him or that he can't help you, but he was NOT good last year. Watch the games or talk to people who did and stop believing these stupid stats. The guy used to be a force against the run and was not last year. He used to command extra attention from the defense and was blocked straight up without help almost all year. He is constantly hurt. I watched it weekly. But you know because you have the internet. Since you believe what you read online google 'should the giants cuts olivier vernon' or somthing similar and let me know what you find

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep fooling yourselves. Signing Vernon was a huge disappointment for the Giants and they are glad to be out from under his contract. Twist it all you want, but that's a fact and if you paid attention you would know this. That doesn't mean he won't be good again going forward and doesn't mean Cle won't be very happy with him or that he can't help you, but he was NOT good last year. Watch the games or talk to people who did and stop believing these stupid stats. The guy used to be a force against the run and was not last year. He used to command extra attention from the defense and was blocked straight up without help almost all year. He is constantly hurt. I watched it weekly. But you know because you have the internet. Since you believe what you read online google 'should the giants cuts olivier vernon' or something similar and let me know what you find

LOL I could care less if it was a bad contract for the Giants...the facts are he is coming off his best year of his career. That is a fact, everything you are mentioning has to do with the Giants signing him.
So you talked to inside guys who watched him on the field? Your post is strictly your opinion. I would rather go off stats or even guys that work in the bis close to him over YOUR opinion (especially since you root for a rival of this team).

Thanks for telling us the Giants signed him to bad contract, something all of us already knew. shit post after shit post idiot :suds:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL I could care less if it was a bad contract for the Giants...the facts are he is coming off his best year of his career. That is a fact, everything you are mentioning has to do with the Giants signing him.
So you talked to inside guys who watched him on the field? Your post is strictly your opinion. I would rather go off stats or even guys that work in the bis close to him over YOUR opinion (especially since you root for a rival of this team).

Thanks for telling us the Giants signed him to bad contract, something all of us already knew. shit post after shit post idiot :suds:
Don't be an asshole

No, it was absolutely 100% NOT the best year of his career. Where do you even get that from?
Here's the deal. He has had some real good years and the fact that he has over his career played both the run and the pass very well makes him a possible huge addition. Heck I would love to have him opposite D Law on Dallas, but you guys are way off on thinking he had a great year last year so don't fall all over yourselves thinking you stole him. If the Giants couldn't find a trading partner they were likely going to cut him. And if you think your stat tells the story you don't understand the book you are reading...

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A defense is only so good if a offense can't move the ball. The Giants need to score points right now. Their o-line is their number one priority if they are sticking with Eli.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A defense is only so good if a offense can't move the ball. The Giants need to score points right now. Their o-line is their number one priority if they are sticking with Eli.

While they do have some great weapons, Eli isnt exactly a guy that is going to light you up consistently. You need a defense to win games, plain and simple. They lost their two best players on a bad defense. It’s going to be awhile before they rejuvenate that defense and they wont be going anywhere w/o a defense.
The Chiefs have one of most high-powered offenses we have seen maybe ever, a much better defense than NYG and you saw how that worked out for them.

OL is a priority for NYG and the main priority for CLE was getting pressure on the QB. Both teams filled a need. But people have to realize NYG were 2nd to last in leagues and they lost their best guy. The also need to fill that HUGE need or they wont be winning any games

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While they do have some great weapons, Eli isnt exactly a guy that is going to light you up consistently. You need a defense to win games, plain and simple. They lost their two best players on a bad defense. It’s going to be awhile before they rejuvenate that defense and they wont be going anywhere w/o a defense.
The Chiefs have one of most high-powered offenses we have seen maybe ever, a much better defense than NYG and you saw how that worked out for them.

OL is a priority for NYG and the main priority for CLE was getting pressure on the QB. Both teams filled a need. But people have to realize NYG were 2nd to last in leagues and they lost their best guy. The also need to fill that HUGE need or they wont be winning any games

They may find something to fill the void that is cheaper, but giants just need to have a better offense right now, not worry about making the playoffs.