• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants NL H2H

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6kfFBcH.png

Through October 3rd that is...

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost the season series to these teams: ATL, MIL, STL, PIT

I'd still rather the playoffs had been seeded though.
I wouldn't count the ATL series as lost since we tied them 3-3. At least Milwuakee and Saint Louis made the playoffs. Its just funny to see a team that won 107 games have trouble with a team that lost 101 games.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't count the ATL series as lost since we tied them 3-3. At least Milwuakee and Saint Louis made the playoffs. Its just funny to see a team that won 107 games have trouble with a team that lost 101 games.
Well I feel like the way the Braves handled us that last series with them that they won...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I’d like to see changed is the WC play-in be best of 3. Otherwise leave it alone.
Then the Division winners need to sit for almost a week? That gives the WC winner a HUGE advantage.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then the Division winners need to sit for almost a week? That gives the WC winner a HUGE advantage.
My fix is that the Division winner with the best record should play the play off team with the worst record.
So maybe it's the WC winner or maybe it's not.

Yes, yes, It really is specific to this post season but I believe it would have some meaning in others to come.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have had this “argument” too many times to rehash again here. Like t(e DH or Bonds/Clemens in the HOF, most baseball fans have their minds made up on this topic. Talking in circles accomplishes nothing.

In my “perfect world”, the current format would remain as-is, with only 2 changes…

1 - The Wild Card game would be considered a regular season game. That means whatever happens in this game could be considered for MVP and other award voting. I understand that this will never happen in the “real world” dues to marketing issues, but making this change would go with the concept of the WC — the WC is a CHANCE to get into the playoffs.

2 - The #1 team gets a 2-1-2 HFA over the WC team. This adds an additional incentive to getting the #1 seed and an additional penalty to the WC team.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have had this “argument” too many times to rehash again here. Like t(e DH or Bonds/Clemens in the HOF, most baseball fans have their minds made up on this topic. Talking in circles accomplishes nothing.

In my “perfect world”, the current format would remain as-is, with only 2 changes…

1 - The Wild Card game would be considered a regular season game. That means whatever happens in this game could be considered for MVP and other award voting. I understand that this will never happen in the “real world” dues to marketing issues, but making this change would go with the concept of the WC — the WC is a CHANCE to get into the playoffs.

2 - The #1 team gets a 2-1-2 HFA over the WC team. This adds an additional incentive to getting the #1 seed and an additional penalty to the WC team.
I have no problem with 2. In my opinion, if the WC game is a regular season game, then just eliminate the 2nd Wild Card spot and only play a WC game if two teams are tied for that spot, like in 1998.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with 2. In my opinion, if the WC game is a regular season game, then just eliminate the 2nd Wild Card spot and only play a WC game if two teams are tied for that spot, like in 1998.
Nah. The one-game play-in is awesome drama. The fact that they didn’t win the division make me not concerned that it might be a 106 win team vs a 90 win team. If you think you are being treated unfairly, WIN YOUR DIVISION.