• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants dont want haskins

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly. A project like Haskins might have time to develop during Carr’s next couple of seasons

That's what I'm thinking. Wonder how well Carr does this year with AB

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I'm thinking. Wonder how well Carr does this year with AB
Hard to tell. Two years ago he was great; last year not so good. Don't yet know the real story on him.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps but at what year does a third overall pick hit stride? Year four? Five? When u know he’s the franchise and not gonna stay middling Like tanny

I think that was the risk with drafting Trubisky. Wasn't he 20 years old when drafted? And with very limited playing time. To me, he has not yet justified being taken near the top of the draft although he still can. I think because of his age and lack of experience coming out of college it would take 4 years.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that was the risk with drafting Trubisky. Wasn't he 20 years old when drafted? And with very limited playing time. To me, he has not yet justified being taken near the top of the draft although he still can. I think because of his age and lack of experience coming out of college it would take 4 years.
And that’s the tough part bc u have to decide then, is he the guy

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to tell. Two years ago he was great; last year not so good. Don't yet know the real story on him.

Odd years his "good years perhaps. Yes, I'm too lazy, plusvst work...to look up his stats

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or, you could use your eyes and see that Prescott has played behind the best o-line in the league and with a stud RB. Wilson hasn't had a running game since Lynch left and had a broke-down offensive line. Both have meager receiver corps, although the Cowboys recently added a true #1, whereas Seattle previously had the edge. Prescott had a HOF TE before last season. The offense has been completely on Russell's shoulders, while Prescott typically has to do deal with 3 and short or medium after Elliott runs on 1st and 2nd down.
If only you'd use your brain...the oline was good his rookie year....injuries deleted the line the last two seasons and they have been near poor in pass protection The defense was horrible his first two seasons and as I said earlier, Aikman wasn't any good because of Emmitt. It's all subjective and I'm sorry but I don't hold your opinion in high regard. AND nevermind Russell had an NFL top defense his first three years in the league, that doesn't factor at all with short fields.

The stats are comparable through three years, sloppy footwork and all....which was the point

but as you say...lets count off for Gurley and Goff cause they had each other with an all world d-tackle and top corner. :rolleyes2:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That you're blatantly making things up about a really good kid and prospect? Creepy is putting it nicely.
All you gotta do is look back through just this thread and see what people have posted from the combine. But you want to pretend your boy is good because he flunked out of Ohio State.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree. I just think to say hes gonna fail because of 2 inches of height is silly, that is all. All very good poitns, and well thought, thank you for that

I have my doubts, but hope the kid can succeed. It would be great for the league to have a legit average height guy succeed at QB beyond what any others have before. Also, any team who drafts him better invest heavily in their O-line if they haven't already to reduce the damage he has to take at that size. Guy definitely can't afford to get slapped around like classic Favre aka "The Nature Boy Ric Flair of the NFL" out there lol.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if Haskins will be good or not? The little tape I've seen on him, it looks like he has a 3/4 delivery. He doesn't come straight over the top?

I don't know what a QB coach/scout makes of this if anything at the pro level. Kind of surprised it hasn't been brought up?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have my doubts, but hope the kid can succeed. It would be great for the league to have a legit average height guy succeed at QB beyond what any others have before. Also, any team who drafts him better invest heavily in their O-line if they haven't already to reduce the damage he has to take at that size. Guy definitely can't afford to get slapped around like classic Favre aka "The Nature Boy Ric Flair of the NFL" out there lol.
yeah i mean its gonna be intersting, hes sucha polarizing guy right now

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if Haskins will be good or not? The little tape I've seen on him, it looks like he has a 3/4 delivery. He doesn't come straight over the top?

I don't know what a QB coach/scout makes of this if anything at the pro level. Kind of surprised it hasn't been brought up?
It's in the video of him that I have earlier in the thread. His delivery is off so his spiral isn't that good at all. It needs to get fixed for him to play in any outdoor stadium

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I dont believe a word the Giants FO/GM says. They are committed to Eli, heard they arent interested in Haskins, apparently they are and we are back to square one. It makes perfect sense, mentor him for a year under Eli. That would be the smart move. There is no guarantee that a Qb in the 2020 is going to be a star, just a lot of hype with the depth of the qb class

Last edited:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only you'd use your brain...the oline was good his rookie year....injuries deleted the line the last two seasons and they have been near poor in pass protection The defense was horrible his first two seasons and as I said earlier, Aikman wasn't any good because of Emmitt. It's all subjective and I'm sorry but I don't hold your opinion in high regard. AND nevermind Russell had an NFL top defense his first three years in the league, that doesn't factor at all with short fields.

The stats are comparable through three years, sloppy footwork and all....which was the point

but as you say...lets count off for Gurley and Goff cause they had each other with an all world d-tackle and top corner. :rolleyes2:

LOL. Yeah, saying a QB succeeds because of a top running game and O-line is just the same as a couple of players on the other side of the ball. Can you take off your superfan glasses for 5 minutes and see clearly?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean maybe they don’t like Haskins?

Perhaps they want lock or jones