• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants coming off a loss. At home. Tough week.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be a tough one. Coughlin is a very good coach and they will not be turning the ball over 6 times again. That is for sure.

This was the big reason I was hoping the Giants would have won last night.

Anyway, should be an interesting week, and we all know Peyton has this week circled. Sibling rivalry is real, especially with this situation.

Orange-and-Blue

Go Broncos!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...I was hoping the Giants won as well. Tough week coming up. We had a big week at home and the Giants gave away a game on the road. You know TC is going to whip the hell out of them in practice this week and they will come out more focused and ready to play. Add in the cross country travel and this game is scary.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was mixed bag last night. I think the giants will be getting pumped to correct the outing they had last night but the cowboys got all those turnovers and failed to put that game away early.

We also have a long week to prepare for it. I bet it will be a good game no matter what.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...I was hoping the Giants won as well. Tough week coming up. We had a big week at home and the Giants gave away a game on the road. You know TC is going to whip the hell out of them in practice this week and they will come out more focused and ready to play. Add in the cross country travel and this game is scary.

Always scary traveling to the East Coast. At least it's not an early start. Going to be a lot of hype for this one. I don't expect our guys to get to caught up in it, but coming off a romp at home to travel to 0-1 NYG is less than ideal.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't impressed with the Giants or Cowboys last night. If you're the Cowboys, how do you win the turnover battle 6-1 and still win by less than a touchdown? If you're the Giants, 6 turnovers? Really? And other than Victor Cruz, does their offense have anybody? They hit a few big plays to Cruz but other than that, I wasn't impressed.

Actually I think the Giants back end is a mess. How do they cover everybody? The Ravens did a decent job getting pressure on Manning, but even then their secondary is such a disaster that the Broncos put up 49. I see similar issues with the Giants. Jason Witten tore them up, how are they going to cover Julius Thomas? Honestly going into the season I thought this game would be a loss, but now I like Denver's chance to win, especially with the extra prep time.

As for the Cowboys, they still can't seem to get their act together. They got 6 turnovers, two of which went for touchdowns, got DeMarco Murray going, had good games from Witten and Miles Austin, and still barely won. They just make too many mistakes. Where was Dez Bryant? Talk about not having an impact, I thought this was supposed to be his huge year (side note; drafting Demaryius Thomas over Bryant looks smarter all the time). So they finally won, but they look like the same Cowboys to me that will flash promise but still finish around .500 and miss the playoffs.

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Broncos and Chiefs both win next week and go to 2-0. We'll see what the Redskins and Eagles do, but the NFC East looks like a lousy division to me.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read on ESPN that the Giants are going to try out Brandon Jacobs and Willis McGahee tomorrow. I'll bet they sign McGahee, if for nothing else to see if they can get any info out of him about the Broncos. Of course, that's a double edged sword because we all saw how Manning turned that around on the Ravens on Julius Thomas's first touchdown.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This of all the games is the one that scares me the most before Von returns but that is because of their front 4 as they are one of the few teams that can get pressure just through the front four alone. Having said that I thought the Ravens would have a better pass rush against us and the OL for the most part kept Manning pretty clean. I would say the secondary for the Giants is going to have trouble once again against Manning and all of these weapons and my guess is the Giants will struggle a little more to contain the run compared to that of the Ravens.

Offensively the Giants look to be better than the Ravens but then again we should have Champ back to help out on the back side. I'm just hoping our front four can generate a little more pressure without having to blitz so much. That can work against Flacco and the Ravens but when we get against some good quarterbacks and receivers that kind of stuff won't fly as well.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This of all the games is the one that scares me the most before Von returns but that is because of their front 4 as they are one of the few teams that can get pressure just through the front four alone. Having said that I thought the Ravens would have a better pass rush against us and the OL for the most part kept Manning pretty clean. I would say the secondary for the Giants is going to have trouble once again against Manning and all of these weapons and my guess is the Giants will struggle a little more to contain the run compared to that of the Ravens.

Offensively the Giants look to be better than the Ravens but then again we should have Champ back to help out on the back side. I'm just hoping our front four can generate a little more pressure without having to blitz so much. That can work against Flacco and the Ravens but when we get against some good quarterbacks and receivers that kind of stuff won't fly as well.

I'd say the Giants offense might be comparable to the Ravens. QB's are similar (they can be boom or bust types) but neither has a full load of weapons. I think the big difference will be how the Giants secondary handles our receivers, and how we come out of the gate. We still have the potential to become our own worst enemies, and if our offense struggles, so will the rest of the team. Will be an interesting "Manning Bowl" game.

Orange-and-Blue

Go Broncos!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nicks, Cruz and Randle are pretty good.....

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehhh..... Nicks will probably be a bit better this season if he stay's healthy. As for Randle, I'm not ready to annoint him among the better receivers after only one good week. They'll be a little more of a challenge than Baltimore's receivers, but I seriously doubt we'll see a repeat performance from them in week 2.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nicks, Cruz and Randle are pretty good.....

They are pretty darn good but Bailey (should be back), DRC, and Harris I think are better. They might not shut down all 3 but if they can shut down 2 of them then the Broncos should do well to stop Manning.

Very surprised at how bad the Giants OL looked in the game. They have been one of the better units over the past few years but they definitely stunk it up.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree slightly with this, our biggest strength on D right now is the ability of our LB's and DB's to be in Man coverage. Them being good in man coverage allows us to free up someone to blitz a lot more than most teams. Though, the team really needs to teach a couple of the LB's/safeties how to blitz, seemed like every time the "blitzer" was stacked up at the line of scrimmage. Not sure if that was a testament to the Raven's O Line and good blitz pick up or the craptastic ability of our players to blitz.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree slightly with this, our biggest strength on D right now is the ability of our LB's and DB's to be in Man coverage. Them being good in man coverage allows us to free up someone to blitz a lot more than most teams. Though, the team really needs to teach a couple of the LB's/safeties how to blitz, seemed like every time the "blitzer" was stacked up at the line of scrimmage. Not sure if that was a testament to the Raven's O Line and good blitz pick up or the craptastic ability of our players to blitz.

Seemed to me that we blitzed more frequently than Fox has typically blitzed in the past and that the blitzes were often picked up, though I do think that we got some pressure that hurried Flacco into poor throws a few times. I've looked for but haven't found stats on the percentage of snaps on which we blitzed, but I haven't been able to find any, so I wonder whether anyone knows a site that has them?

Also, is it just me, or is anyone else scared by the prospect of again dropping Ayers into coverage on a zone blitz?

grim rpr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not quite as worried as the rest about this game. P manning is the king of picking up defensive schemes and we have way too many targets for the giants d. Our offensive line is holding up like a beast. Vons absence has been picked up great by phillips and ayers is pressuring better than any time of the past. Dont get me wrong the Giants can be good but with champ back and drc with harris and our new safety I am pumped..