• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants #5 Prospect

Who is the best remaining prospect?

• Ryan Howard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Melvin Adon

• Gregory Santos

• Aremis Garcia

• Ray Black

• Abiatal Avelino

• Drew Ferguson

• Travis Bergen

• Sandro Fabian

• Other (name in discussion)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I am not certain who to place here. If Shaw is your #4, an argument can be made to put Ferguson #5 since they are so similar. But Bergen was taken before Ferguson in the Rule V, and nothing has changed since. Canario and Fabian and HIGH ceiling prospects, but are Uber-raw. Webb and Williams have at least decent chances of getting cuppos this year, but what is their ceiling, really? Black, Garcia and Avelino should get considerable MLB time this year, but only Garcia looks to have the opportunity to really contribute in a big way. Adon is super skilled, but even at this early stage in his development, is slated as a bully arm. Howard looks alright, but likely has a ceiling of a Util1.

I will read your opinions closely...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I am not certain who to place here. If Shaw is your #4, an argument can be made to put Ferguson #5 since they are so similar. But Bergen was taken before Ferguson in the Rule V, and nothing has changed since. Canario and Fabian and HIGH ceiling prospects, but are Uber-raw. Webb and Williams have at least decent chances of getting cuppos this year, but what is their ceiling, really? Black, Garcia and Avelino should get considerable MLB time this year, but only Garcia looks to have the opportunity to really contribute in a big way. Adon is super skilled, but even at this early stage in his development, is slated as a bully arm. Howard looks alright, but likely has a ceiling of a Util1.

I will read your opinions closely...

I'm voting Canario again, but I think Webb would be a fine option here as well. I think he has a high ceiling because of two plus pitches and a developing changeup that could cement him as a mid-rotation guy. There are some issues with his delivery, but his early season in San Jose really helped him simplify it.

Ferguson seems to me like a lesser-version of Reynolds. I wouldn't want to rank him this high. Bergen is just a lefty reliever, low ceiling.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm voting Canario again, but I think Webb would be a fine option here as well. I think he has a high ceiling because of two plus pitches and a developing changeup that could cement him as a mid-rotation guy. There are some issues with his delivery, but his early season in San Jose really helped him simplify it.

Ferguson seems to me like a lesser-version of Reynolds. I wouldn't want to rank him this high. Bergen is just a lefty reliever, low ceiling.
I think I am on the fence between Webb and Anderson for this spot. Two very similar prospects. Anderson has the proximity (by a little bit) and Webb has the ceiling (by a little bit).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am ok with the Reynolds comp for Ferguson. The difference is that Ferguson profiles as a CF while Reynolds was a tweener.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am ok with the Reynolds comp for Ferguson. The difference is that Ferguson profiles as a CF while Reynolds was a tweener.

I'd say both are tweeners, from what I've read. Ferguson leaning more towards a CFer and Reynolds leaning more towards a corner. But yeah I'd say both are pretty similar in the grand scheme, 4th-OF types.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is hard for me to rank Rule 5 guys in the prospects, mainly because their time with the org could be only 4 months, without any regular season playing time in the org. Why rate a guy who could be returning to the previous organization before spring training is over?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will cast the tie-breaking vote for Webb. He and Anderson are soooo close, but I think Webb’s ceiling is slightly higher.