• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants #4 Prospect

Who is the best remaining prospect?

• Logan Webb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gregory Santos

• Aremis Garcia

• Melvin Adon

• Ray Black

• Abiatal Avelino

• Drew Ferguson

• Travis Bergen

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sticking with my theme here, I'll vote Alexander Canario. Yes he doesn't have much experience under his belt, but I've made my stance on that clear. Dude has talent, elite bat speed, high ceiling.

My second choice would be Logan Webb

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sticking with my theme here, I'll vote Alexander Canario. Yes he doesn't have much experience under his belt, but I've made my stance on that clear. Dude has talent, elite bat speed, high ceiling.

My second choice would be Logan Webb
I like Canario, but he, IMHO, is more of a lottery ticket right now. His ceiling is high enough to seriously consider him for top 10 or so, but I think 4 is a bit too ambitious.

I am not certain who I will put here, though. I will listen to some arguments.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I see it, here are the contenders for the 4 spot...

Shaw - as it sits, he is slated to be the starting LFer. He has power potential, but his hit tool is questionable and his defense could kill his chances. He just doesn’t excite me like he did in the lower minors.

Anderson - May be a year away, but he has looked good in the minors. Not sure he has a ceiling higher that #3 on a weak staff.

Webb - further off than Anderson, but a slightly higher ceiling (3 on a good staff?)

Ferguson - his minor league numbers look at least comparable to Shaw, but he plays defense. His power looks to be more gap/doubles, though.

Adon - probably the highest ceiling pitcher in the org, but he is a reliever and still a few years off.

Garcia - if he weren’t sandwiched between Posey and Bart, I think he would be getting more love. He may actually be called on to be the opening day catcher if Posey isn’t ready yet, and if they don’t sign one of the ho-hum FA catchers, could be a 35% time catcher this year.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a note, DrB has Webb in this spot.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I see it, here are the contenders for the 4 spot...

Shaw - as it sits, he is slated to be the starting LFer. He has power potential, but his hit tool is questionable and his defense could kill his chances. He just doesn’t excite me like he did in the lower minors.

Anderson - May be a year away, but he has looked good in the minors. Not sure he has a ceiling higher that #3 on a weak staff.

Webb - further off than Anderson, but a slightly higher ceiling (3 on a good staff?)

Ferguson - his minor league numbers look at least comparable to Shaw, but he plays defense. His power looks to be more gap/doubles, though.

Adon - probably the highest ceiling pitcher in the org, but he is a reliever and still a few years off.

Garcia - if he weren’t sandwiched between Posey and Bart, I think he would be getting more love. He may actually be called on to be the opening day catcher if Posey isn’t ready yet, and if they don’t sign one of the ho-hum FA catchers, could be a 35% time catcher this year.
I voted for Shaw (per our conversation on the #3 spot). Anderson, I think, needs to show a bit more to be this high. Ferguson I know hardly anything about (to be honest, he is not even on my radar, probably needs to be in the top 10 at least). Adon has stuff but no results (Results are important to me. Stuff with no results are usually red flag indicators, in my book, until there is at least a breakthrough season in the minors). Garcia will probably be overrated due to his nice showing in September. I'd put him closer to 10. Webb, to me, is the best challenger to Shaw. He looks good and produced over a full season.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the lack of a clear game-changer left, I am going with Shaw here since he is slated as the starting LFer right now. He has potential to be a solid starting OFer and he is getting his first REAL shotto achieve that this year.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the lack of a clear game-changer left, I am going with Shaw here since he is slated as the starting LFer right now. He has potential to be a solid starting OFer and he is getting his first REAL shotto achieve that this year.

I was pretty high on Shaw, but his AAA circuit worried me. I'm not putting much stock into his late-season trial run, but he was showing the same concerns. I wonder what a new regime might do to help him, although it could be too late.

He has game-changing power, if he can make enough contact.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pretty high on Shaw, but his AAA circuit worried me. I'm not putting much stock into his late-season trial run, but he was showing the same concerns. I wonder what a new regime might do to help him, although it could be too late.

He has game-changing power, if he can make enough contact.
Completely agree. His hit tool and defense are real concerns. If he is going to make it, it will be as a 1-tool player. Is that one tool enough? I doubt it, but we will see.