• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants #2 Prospect

Who is the best remaining prospect?

• Melvin Adon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Logan Webb

• Garrett Williams

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants Top Prospect

1) Joey Bart

Now we determine #2. And this should be fun. I won’t list as many names as before. It really isn’t needed. But I will try to be liberal with inclusion, just in case.

I will only have this open for 3 days. 4 days was too long.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a fan of proximity. I am also a fan of track record. While neither Ramos nor Luciano are close, they both are very high ceiling kids. Luciano May have the higher ceiling, but he has yet to even wear a jersey as a Pro. Hard to really get TOO excited about that.

But Ramos has only played as high as A- ball, and only had about a .700 OPS. Though, he was about 3.5 years younger than the rest of the league.

Personally, though, I will go with Ramos and his mixed early results over Luciano and his complete lack of results. Although, I would probably give up Ramos for Luciano in a one-up trade.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too will rank rank Ramos 2nd just because he as a professional AB, but hopefully this is an interesting debate for a few years.

Ramos has all the physical tools you could want in an athlete and we've seen flashes of it on the field. He's got a long way to go, though.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to give it to one of the guys who've had success in the upper minors. While both Ramos and Luciano are very exciting (and could well be the top guy in a year or two) because, for the reasons cal gave, Luciano was not given the nod. While Ramos is young for where he's played thus far, his numbers have been nothing worth getting excited over. Shaw is limited, but he's been able to hit at every level of the minors, so I'll give him the nod. It was a hard choice, for me, between Shaw and Webb. I'd still put Webb in the top 5, at the very least.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to give it to one of the guys who've had success in the upper minors. While both Ramos and Luciano are very exciting (and could well be the top guy in a year or two) because, for the reasons cal gave, Luciano was not given the nod. While Ramos is young for where he's played thus far, his numbers have been nothing worth getting excited over. Shaw is limited, but he's been able to hit at every level of the minors, so I'll give him the nod. It was a hard choice, for me, between Shaw and Webb. I'd still put Webb in the top 5, at the very least.
Shaw has the proximity, clearly. But I have serious questions about his ceiling at this point. Can he be anything more than a 3rd OF/part time DH? If that is his max, is it worth rating him as a #2?

Right now, would you trade him, one up, for Ramos or Luciano?

BeerMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m saying Shaun Anderson. The Giants have better success developing pitchers than hitters in my opinion.

Toolrulzz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know anything about the minors so I’m just voting based on who I’m most excited to see.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaw has the proximity, clearly. But I have serious questions about his ceiling at this point. Can he be anything more than a 3rd OF/part time DH? If that is his max, is it worth rating him as a #2?

Right now, would you trade him, one up, for Ramos or Luciano?
You are asking the dude who doesn't like to trade prospects at all. So that is a difficult question. I think the better question would be, if I had to choose just one of them to protect in an an expansion draft, who would it be? Well, even then, its difficult, because of the situation. I'd probably protect Shaw, considering his readiness for the big leagues.
To me, rating a player as high as the 1st or 2nd pick, based solely on eye test talent isn't what I do. I want to know that there is talent and there have been results too. Based on what we've seen through 2018, I'll stick with Shaw. The same conversation this time next year may be different.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the #2 is also a guy who hasn't even made high-A yet.