• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giannis wins "Best athlete" and "best NBA player" ESPY awards...

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop talking ass then... you started it!
Talking out your ass is a term used when someone makes claims without facts to back it up. It has nothing to to do with ass literally. But I'm not one to judge you predilictions.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking out your ass is a term used when someone makes claims without facts to back it up. It has nothing to to do with ass literally. But I'm not one to judge you predilictions.

Aren't awards facts? ...or are you talking your ass?

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... If Giannis is voted "the most wanted NBA player" from the GMs board and is called the best NBA player by Shaq, Barkley and more, then it seems to me that you "opinion" values less than theirs.. Even more so if he is selected by the league to be an All-star team leader...
Aren't awards facts? ...or are you talking your ass?
While it is a fact that he won these awards you are making Giannis out to be the greatest player on the planet based these awards that are rooted in votes from the GMs board, Shaq, and Barkley. I asked for stats to back it up, you know, some solid evidence, and all you could say is we aren't talking stats. You can sit in your echo chamber with like opinions all you want, but without data to back it up, or better yet, rings, all you are doing is having a circle jerk.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it is a fact that he won these awards you are making Giannis out to be the greatest player on the planet based these awards that are rooted in votes from the GMs board, Shaq, and Barkley. I asked for stats to back it up, you know, some solid evidence, and all you could say is we aren't talking stats. You can sit in your echo chamber with like opinions all you want, but without data to back it up, or better yet, rings, all you are doing is having a circle jerk.

So... you missed the title on the O/P and that Giannis won the MVP... correct? ...and you want stats instead because IYO "a" subject should be like you want it!

OK... Here is your stats then: Giannis Antetokounmpo Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

30.5pts, 60%EFG, 13.7reb, 6.5 ast, 1.7blks, 1.4stls per 36mins on the floor... Are they good enough?

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and... 121/99 O/D rating... is that any good?

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... you missed the title on the O/P and that Giannis won the MVP... correct? ...and you want stats instead because IYO "a" subject should be like you want it!

OK... Here is your stats then: Giannis Antetokounmpo Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

30.5pts, 60%EFG, 13.7reb, 6.5 ast, 1.7blks, 1.4stls per 36mins on the floor... Are they good enough?
Listen, I'm not saying Giannis is garbage or anything. I love the kid. He had a fabulous, break out season. Would I like him on the Pistons? Of course. But I think I would take Kawhi over him for this year and think he would have won some of these awards had he played more games. And in the end people will only remember any of these awards if he manages to get some real hardware to go with it.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the best player on the best regular season team this past season. I think he was very deserving. Who would you have given the award to?
MVP voting almost always goes to the best player on the team with the most regular season wins. Damn near anyway.

But MVP doesn't mean best player in the game. (Mike Trout has been the best baseball player on the planet for most of this decade, two AL MVPs.)

That's LeBron.

Giannis might be in my top 5, if Durant is ineligible due to injury.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... If Giannis is voted "the most wanted NBA player" from the GMs board and is called the best NBA player by Shaq, Barkley and more, then it seems to me that you "opinion" values less than theirs.. Even more so if he is selected by the league to be an All-star team leader...
Be proud of that "most wanted" label. You're gonna wish he wasn't real soon.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPY's mean nothing.

Giannis is not the best player yet, could definitely be and for many years but Kawhi definitely showed he was.

This year it could be battle between Kawhi, Giannis and Lebron but for now Kawhi is. Facts
Kawhi had himself one helluva season.

He isn't the facilitator Bron is though. Not many are.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He must be going to the Colts then, because the Pacers will never even try to sign him.

Built, not bought.

Amirite @HurricaneDij39 ?

I swear, some of you take way to much on certain posts of mine. The Pacers need to build a foundation and aren't focused on Giannis by any stretch of imagination.

The who point of this exercise is that Giannis is on word for saying the small market has made him everything he is, and now we have an obvious connection to him by adding one of his former teammates...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear, some of you take way to much on certain posts of mine. The Pacers need to build a foundation and aren't focused on Giannis by any stretch of imagination.

The who point of this exercise is that Giannis is on word for saying the small market has made him everything he is, and now we have an obvious connection to him by adding one of his former teammates...

That's all well and good, but you have used the "built, not bought" slogan to try to put down other teams signing FA's, etc. and claim that the Pacers were doing things the "right way" for how many years now?

If the Pacers sign him as an FA, does that mean that they didn't "buy" him because they already "bought" a former teammate?