• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Getzlaf to Pens?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes, what a pickup for the Pens if the deal happens. I hope Homer gets a big dman.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gather. I think it's a Pittsburgh site. Not sure if this has any credibility.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see the pens having the high end prospects Ana would probably ask for, I think tor or even Nash is more likely based soley on their oegizational depth.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see the pens having the high end prospects Ana would probably ask for, I think tor or even Nash is more likely based soley on their oegizational depth.

They would be scary good if they got either one. Not too mention if by some chance Sid came back. Malkin, Sid, Nash/ Getzlaf, Staal. That would give Boston a tough run.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ana would ask for one of the following

1. Malkin
2. Letang
3. Neal & Orpick
4. Neal, prospect & 2 1sts

I just can't see what the pens can give them that they'd be willing to part with

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you just scared the fuck out of me.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ana would ask for one of the following

1. Malkin
2. Letang
3. Neal & Orpick
4. Neal, prospect & 2 1sts

I just can't see what the pens can give them that they'd be willing to part with

If they gave up Malkin that I think cripples the Pens big time. IMO I think Malkin is more valuable than Sid is or was.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like oh my fucking God did this make me shit my pants

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Getzlaf is a center. Id LOL at them giving up Neal and other to have (healthy) Sid-Malkin-Staal-getzlaf down the middle, and then make them all play with their plethora of 3rd line energy guys

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Getzlaf is a center. Id LOL at them giving up Neal and other to have (healthy) Sid-Malkin-Staal-getzlaf down the middle, and then make them all play with their plethora of 3rd line energy guys

That's kinda my point I could see them trying for Perry or Ryan, but again I don't see them have the prospects/high picks to pull that move off without giving up a main piece of their current team.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That deal wouldn't make sense for Pens.

Now if it stated Ryan or Perry then yeah. What site did you see this on because this is the first I heard this one?

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have Simon Despres, and I am not sure about their pick situation. For now I dont see this happening, but this team also got Hossa for like nothing.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see us lansing perry or Ryan a lot easier then the pens landing any of em, not that we have tons of prospects in our system but we have some and history prices we hate 1st round picks.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Penguins have a full compliment of picks right now and Shero is always willing to trade them.

What the Penguins have going for them is a lot of Defensive prospects and while they are still considered "prospects" they tend to keep a higher value.
And then they have Eric Tangradi which seems he will probably have to move on to get a chance.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That deal wouldn't make sense for Pens.

Now if it stated Ryan or Perry then yeah. What site did you see this on because this is the first I heard this one?

It was like Gathersports.com or Gather.com. I'm not sure if it's a Pittsburgh site or what? It just mentioned that the Pens were looking for a goal scorer to replace Sid. Getzlaf was headlined to Pittsburgh with a question mark.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was like Gathersports.com or Gather.com. I'm not sure if it's a Pittsburgh site or what? It just mentioned that the Pens were looking for a goal scorer to replace Sid. Getzlaf was headlined to Pittsburgh with a question mark.

Thanks!
I went out and googled it and found that link. Honestly I never heard of Gather before this.

Also I looked at Capgeek and right now with LTIR cap space the Penguins could take on Getzlaf, Perry or Ryan for the rest of the year without player movement. The Flyers would with moving one player to free up 800k. The big difference is the LTIR space for the Flyers is guaranteed with Pronger out. For the Penguins there is a chance Crosby could come back.

Anyway this is the team we know the Flyers and Pens will be talking with!

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking about this more I could see the Flyers calling about Perry, I know he isn't loved and can be a douchebag but he would be a nice addition to the team. We could offer them a few options.

1. Cooter & Gus
2. Cooter & 2nd
3. Harts, Gus & 2nd
4. Briere, Gus & 2nd

This would be where I would start. The only reason I would include Cooter is that Perry has produced point at a constant rate and shown the ability to be an elite scorer(who I would put next to G), he also brings a Physical edge to his game and has been very durable. I think most of these same proposals could work for Ryan, but would need to be tweaked minority since I think his value is slightly under Perry's now. I could't see us going after Getzlaf unless we moved another center in other deals to acquire defnsemen and I don't see us needing him really.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Penguins have a full compliment of picks right now and Shero is always willing to trade them.

What the Penguins have going for them is a lot of Defensive prospects and while they are still considered "prospects" they tend to keep a higher value.
And then they have Eric Tangradi which seems he will probably have to move on to get a chance.

i think you may be over valueing the farm in pittsburgh a little bit. if the pens land either getzlaf or nash without giving up an nhl ready player i really would be surprised. maybe they trade sid??? haha

Thinking about this more I could see the Flyers calling about Perry, I know he isn't loved and can be a douchebag but he would be a nice addition to the team. We could offer them a few options.

1. Cooter & Gus
2. Cooter & 2nd
3. Harts, Gus & 2nd
4. Briere, Gus & 2nd

This would be where I would start. The only reason I would include Cooter is that Perry has produced point at a constant rate and shown the ability to be an elite scorer(who I would put next to G), he also brings a Physical edge to his game and has been very durable. I think most of these same proposals could work for Ryan, but would need to be tweaked minority since I think his value is slightly under Perry's now. I could't see us going after Getzlaf unless we moved another center in other deals to acquire defnsemen and I don't see us needing him really.

for this reason, the flyers won't look that way. contrary to what other fanbases may say the flyers are very classy and like their players to play a certain way. carcillo was never accepted here (outside the fanbase) because of his antics and we would never acquire a dude like sean avery. they have a good locker room with good kids, we will only be bringing in a vet that can boost the experience level for the playoff run. most likely a dman to bring some physicality to the front of the net.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you just scared the fuck out of me.

Like oh my fucking God did this make me shit my pants

hysterical.gif