• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Getting "Value" In A Deal With Philly For Their Eminem (Marcus Mariota)

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In order to evaluate the market value of a deal with Philly for Marcus Mariota, a 20-to-5 jump by them is a substantially identical jump we took from 6-to-2 in 2012 (per the NFL Draft Point Value Chart). And what is that market? A first and second this year, and two firsts the following two years. But given Philly's abject desperation for Mariota, that load of picks shouldn't be viewed as the going rate for such a deal; rather, it should viewed as the price of admission for us to start considering it.

What else should we ask for? Either a second and fourth rounder in 2017 or, a second rounder next year. If Philly is really that set on Eminem, why not ask them to pay for the franchise, blockbuster QB he really is. Adding another a second rounder is, in the bigger picture, a real pittance for the guy they think he'll be. But by no means should the Redskins begin to entertain an offer from Philly that doesn't use what they gave up in 2012 as a starting point. I'm sure McCloughan is smart enough to figure that out (despite the fact that Peter King could not).

As for "giving" Philly its potential QB, let them have him. Right now, we're a really bad team and can't focus on what others are doing. We need to concentrate on rebuilding our franchise, and that starts with loading up on picks -- and high ones at that -- with a master talent evaluator like McCloughan calling the shots. In turn, this might really be a death knell for Philly. In the first place, Eminem is clearly not a pro-ready QB. He'll have to learn on the job and compensate for a woeful Philly defense in the process. Philly really needs these picks to rebuild its defense and to start filling holes developing on its offense. For instance, once its foundation, Philly's o-line is starting to come apart. Todd Herremans was released yesterday. LT Jason Peters just turned 33 and their best o-linemen, Evan Mathis, will turn 34 right after the 2015 season begins. While McCoy and Maclin are still young, they may have a tough time producing behind an aging and less effective o-line in the next year or so. Without draft picks to help them out, Philly will see both its o-line and defense suffer. And unless, Mariota is the next Andrew Luck, he'll have a tough time trying to adapt to the pro-game while also being asked to win games.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 1sts 3 2nds and 2 4ths are what i would look for

106_7THEFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man the skins would never get this lucky not trying to hate just being honest; one can sure as hell dream tho lol

I do wish one day the football god's would just give us a bone I mean damn

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems to good to be true

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the price is right, I have no beef dealing a blockbuster trade with a division rival. We have 14 other games to worry about every year and we simply don't have the horses to win the majority of the games. Multiple 1st and 2nd rounders could reverse the course. Plus, if the guy turns out as a huge bust... It would be pure gold.

Now, if some other team comes with an equal or slightly less deal, then its a no brainer. You deal with that team and give Philly the finger.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Philly gives us the RG3 deal then yes we should take it. But if Philly is going to give up those kind of picks Im sure Jax or OAk will take the deal. Why would Philly deal with us when they can deal with JAx or OAK?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have the draft chart in front of me but it seems like it would cost more to go from 20 to 5 than it would from 6 to 2. I get it, we over paid because of the target at 2 was rated a whole lot higher than MM but still.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have the draft chart in front of me but it seems like it would cost more to go from 20 to 5 than it would from 6 to 2. I get it, we over paid because of the target at 2 was rated a whole lot higher than MM but still.

Actually, the difference is pretty close. 150 pts. So we need to get RG3 treatment + a 3rd rounder.

Draft Countdown - Trade Value Chart

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the chart is a guide . i dont pay much attention to it . as for who do we draft , we could probably get an o/lineman from miami fowler

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who do you draft at 20

5 players at pick 20
1. Malcom Brown DT
2. Landon Collins S (he is slipping in lots of drafts)
3. Several OT (Flowers,Erving, Clemmings)
4. Eric Dupree OLB
5. Dorial Green-Beckham WR (off field issues-Huge red flag)

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
flowers i mean