• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Get rid of the fucking Fords.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have no business owning any sports franchise. They are a disgrace.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might be ready to adopt a new team.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ford's weren't on the field.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Pats era will be ending in a few years. Its gonna suck if the Lions still are not any good. I was expecting this to be a handoff.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see Ford throwing 4 picks last week.

But they were stupid enough to hire Millen's right hand man and apprentice, so no free passes given.

Unfortunately, you can't fire the owner and nobody else in Michigan can afford a football team.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TJ Lang-Ford was.

The sad part is i believe he was the one beaten on the play where Stafford almost got killed by 2 guys and ended up flat on his back and barely got up.

The fact that we have so much talent on th O-line now and Staff is still getting the shit kicked out of him tells me we have a scheme problem. Granted I dont think Glasgow is an NFL caliber center either but we have more than most teams and the results are still bad.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sad part is i believe he was the one beaten on the play where Stafford almost got killed by 2 guys and ended up flat on his back and barely got up.

The fact that we have so much talent on th O-line now and Staff is still getting the shit kicked out of him tells me we have a scheme problem. Granted I dont think Glasgow is an NFL caliber center either but we have more than most teams and the results are still bad.

Schemes have changed, coaches have change, linemen have change.

The only constant has been the QB. Maybe he misses reads.

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was having a discussion with some friends and we talked about when Martha kicks the bucket if there is a small chance the kids would sell. I'm hopeful but still don't see it happening. The Ford brand is all over Ford Field and I see the daughter taking over. Ugh.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schemes have changed, coaches have change, linemen have change.

The only constant has been the QB. Maybe he misses reads.

Hopefully Staff has not regressed. He finally got better last year at this.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, the team is done wearing the WCF patches, right?

How about a slight modification this season: WTF.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was having a discussion with some friends and we talked about when Martha kicks the bucket if there is a small chance the kids would sell. I'm hopeful but still don't see it happening. The Ford brand is all over Ford Field and I see the daughter taking over. Ugh.

I'm not sure, but I've heard the kids dont have enough money to keep the team. Because of estate taxes you immediately owe something like 30% of the value of the team, which could realistically be around 2 billion or more. Which means $600 million dollar tax bill, or $300 million each to Billy Ford jr and the daughter. I'm sure they'll also get enough equity to cover that, but possibly not enough liquid cash to make the payment without selling some assets or making lifestyle changes. And they definitely wont have enough to buy each other out, so the kids would have to be happy as co-owners. We know they like the prestige of it, but will be interesting too see how much it really means to them.

I obviously have no idea what kinds of family trusts and hidden assets the old money Fords have, so this is mostly just rumors and wishful thinking. But its therapeutic to at least picture some sort of future where we have a chance.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure, but I've heard the kids dont have enough money to keep the team. Because of estate taxes you immediately owe something like 30% of the value of the team, which could realistically be around 2 billion or more. Which means $600 million dollar tax bill, or $300 million each to Billy Ford jr and the daughter. I'm sure they'll also get enough equity to cover that, but possibly not enough liquid cash to make the payment without selling some assets or making lifestyle changes. And they definitely wont have enough to buy each other out, so the kids would have to be happy as co-owners. We know they like the prestige of it, but will be interesting too see how much it really means to them.

I obviously have no idea what kinds of family trusts and hidden assets the old money Fords have, so this is mostly just rumors and wishful thinking. But its therapeutic to at least picture some sort of future where we have a chance.
Team ownership is in trust. (NFL allowed it in 2015. Corporate ownership is not allowed though.)

There will be no inheritance tax when Martha passes.