• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Genius's short evaluation after third game

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky continues to be great. Despite what everyone is saying I don't think Glennon had a great game. I see issues with Glennon all over the place. Trubisky is the real deal and should start game 1. Fox won't say it but he's leaning in that direction too. Everyone knows my history for being able to accurately evaluate a QB, Trubisky is by far the most talented one I've see so far. He is really really good. Injuries and bad luck aside, we finally have a legit QB to ride for the next 10 years.

Jordan Howard continues to cement how horribly overrated the guy is. He is not that good guys. I know I stand alone on this belief but in due time, everyone will see. The genius always sees 2 years in advance.

Kevin White continues to show why he is a bust. Even the one catch he made, an excellent pass to make up for KW's horrible route.

I'm still a big believer in Kyle Fuller.

Jeremy Langford may be the worst RB in the league. Lucky for him Carey is injured.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White caught 2 balls for 30 yards. Going to have to hope he can be (at least) serviceable, with Meredith injured. Tough blow.

Hopefully Kendall Wright and this group of TE's can step up.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why was Mariota so bad for Tennesee today? Re-watching the game right now. Jesus... he looked awful.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on Trubs, disagree on Howard, Not ready to agree on White because he has not played with Trubs yet. Agree on Glennon.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Howard is a stud, and will be one of the better backs in the league, AGAIN.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Fuller will be fine. He's a good player.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Fuller will be fine. He's a good player.

This is his make or break season here. It looks like he staved off being cut, but he needs to make some things happen and he needs to be better in coverage. We know he can come up and make plays against the run. He's just been inconsistent covering. Perhaps Demps, Jackson... etc... giving them an improved safety corp will also help out. Coupled with what looks like a good pass rush.

I still can't find any word on McPhee. The scope was in late-July, he should be back for week 1. Those are 2-4 week recoveries. However, we all know how Fox likes his secrets. Trevathan too. He practiced all camp in pads, but never suited up for any of the three games. Long also up in the air.

I feel like they'll all be out there, even if they don't start... but who knows?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is his make or break season here. It looks like he staved off being cut, but he needs to make some things happen and he needs to be better in coverage. We know he can come up and make plays against the run. He's just been inconsistent covering. Perhaps Demps, Jackson... etc... giving them an improved safety corp will also help out. Coupled with what looks like a good pass rush.

I still can't find any word on McPhee. The scope was in late-July, he should be back for week 1. Those are 2-4 week recoveries. However, we all know how Fox likes his secrets. Trevathan too. He practiced all camp in pads, but never suited up for any of the three games. Long also up in the air.

I feel like they'll all be out there, even if they don't start... but who knows?

They say Trevathan is waay ahead of schedule. His and Long's were pretty rough injuries. I have less confidence in Long.

I say Long won't be ready week 1. Just a hunch.

leomaz2

Bearsologist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky continues to be great. Despite what everyone is saying I don't think Glennon had a great game. I see issues with Glennon all over the place. Trubisky is the real deal and should start game 1. Fox won't say it but he's leaning in that direction too. Everyone knows my history for being able to accurately evaluate a QB, Trubisky is by far the most talented one I've see so far. He is really really good. Injuries and bad luck aside, we finally have a legit QB to ride for the next 10 years.

Jordan Howard continues to cement how horribly overrated the guy is. He is not that good guys. I know I stand alone on this belief but in due time, everyone will see. The genius always sees 2 years in advance.

Kevin White continues to show why he is a bust. Even the one catch he made, an excellent pass to make up for KW's horrible route.

I'm still a big believer in Kyle Fuller.

Jeremy Langford may be the worst RB in the league. Lucky for him Carey is injured.
Well this was stupid!

leomaz2

Bearsologist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our DB's will be fine as long as pressure is being put on the qb.
Our starting QB played well against their starting defense.
Jordan Howard is a good running back, period!
Trubisky is gonna be a good QB.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They say Trevathan is waay ahead of schedule. His and Long's were pretty rough injuries. I have less confidence in Long.

I say Long won't be ready week 1. Just a hunch.

Trevathan is 100% ahead of schedule. He was hurt in November, and they said he'd miss a full calendar year. He practiced day 1 in camp, and has in a limited capacity the entire time.

My concern is that he has no game reps heading into the regular season, so it's hard for me to imagine that he or McPhee will be without a snap count Week 1. If they're even out there. My gut says they will be, but again... with some restraints.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our DB's will be fine as long as pressure is being put on the qb.
Our starting QB played well against their starting defense.
Jordan Howard is a good running back, period!
Trubisky is gonna be a good QB.

If the line continues to be an elite run blocking unit, it's hard to imagine a sophomore slump for Howard. Howard has unbelievable feel, instincts and vision out there. That coupled with a good O-line, is a recipe for great success. However, I do fear that if there was some kind of a breakdown up front, that he lacks the raw tools and athleticism to make up for that. Regardless, he's a great back and that doesn't change. He's just not as purely gifted as a guy like Elliot. However, he could have just as good of a career.

leomaz2

Bearsologist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the line continues to be an elite run blocking unit, it's hard to imagine a sophomore slump for Howard. Howard has unbelievable feel, instincts and vision out there. That coupled with a good O-line, is a recipe for great success. However, I do fear that if there was some kind of a breakdown up front, that he lacks the raw tools and athleticism to make up for that. Regardless, he's a great back and that doesn't change. He's just not as purely gifted as a guy like Elliot. However, he could have just as good of a career.
I agree 100%. Our line does seem like they have a great deal of potential.....continuity and cohesiveness will only help these guys

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the line "continues to be an elite run blocking unit" any monkey RB would be successful in it. Howard has "unbelievable feel, instincts and vision"--please save me the bullshit.

A great RB does well despite the OL being average at best. If Howard can only succeed behind an elite OL because Howard "lacks the raw tools and athleticism to make up for that", that's hardly an endorsement.

You're hedging your bet. If Howard has a bad year you'll just blame the OL. This is where I am different from everyone else, I see Howard singularly, and he has NOTHING that's special. Just a big guy running through big holes which makes up the majority of his yards. Time will prove I am right again. Howard is not that good. Not saying he's terrible, he is just average at best and is not a back that can carry an offense.

Message to Pace: Sell Howard high.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the line "continues to be an elite run blocking unit" any monkey RB would be successful in it. Howard has "unbelievable feel, instincts and vision"--please save me the bullshit.

\ If Howard can only succeed behind an elite OL because Howard "lacks the raw tools and athleticism to make up for that", that's hardly an endorsement.

You're hedging your bet. If Howard has a bad year you'll just blame the OL. This is where I am different from everyone else, I see Howard singularly, and he has NOTHING that's special. Just a big guy running through big holes which makes up the majority of his yards. Time will prove I am right again. Howard is not that good. Not saying he's terrible, he is just average at best and is not a back that can carry an offense.

Message to Pace: Sell Howard high.

Howard has "unbelievable feel, instincts and vision"--please save me the bullshit.

I would, but it's not bull shit. Any schmuck could see that Howard has great field vision.

A great RB does well despite the OL being average at best.

Yes, as could Howard.

You're hedging your bet. If Howard has a bad year you'll just blame the OL.

No, because I've never made a bet. That was actually me taking a small shot at Howard, so I'm not sure why you're contesting that point with me. Do I think Howard is going to average 5.3 YPC and 100 rushing yards per start every season for the rest of his career? Of course not... And of course I acknowledge that the line was a help.

I think Howard could have a sophomore slump, just like anyone else. I don't go out making these claims that I know what's going to happen, before it happens. You're the one that does that.

If Howard does struggle this season though... it doesn't mean he won't bounce back and have a great career. You can't have it both ways. You can't say that a historically great rookie season means nothing, and then claim that a mediocre second season would mean everything.

If Howard can only succeed behind an elite OL because Howard "lacks the raw tools and athleticism to make up for that", that's hardly an endorsement.

I never said that is the only reason for his success. Only that it's a part of his success, and denying that would be foolish. I do not feel Howard has an over abundance of raw athleticism. Unlike others, I don't think he's this unbelievable superstar talent.

I think he's "very good". Behind an average O-line... I think he goes down from a 5.3 YPC guy, to a 4.5 YPC guy... That's still very good.

Howard is not the fastest running back out there. However, he is quick, has great vision, great patience, runs hard, falls forward and is tough to bring down. He is also good in pass protection and receiving. He's an all-around very good football player. He also appears to be durable, which is obviously key.

Not saying he's terrible, he is just average at best and is not a back that can carry an offense.

Fair enough. I simply disagree, and time will absolutely tell. I think he's a big part of our future, especially given that he's still only 22 years old. Could be here for a while... if he picks up where he left off to start the season, you should get used to that.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would, but it's not bull shit. Any schmuck could see that Howard has great field vision.

You said he has "unbelievable feel", "unbelievable instincts" and "unbelievable vision". That is hyperbole to the max. And then you top that off with "any schmuck could see that". No, only you can see that because you want to see that. The word "unbelievable" should be reserved for top backs like Walter Payton. Howard has "unbelievable" nothing, but he's closing in on "unbelievably overrated".

Yes, as could Howard.

But you just said "he lacks the raw tools and athleticism to make up for that".

You can't say that a historically great rookie season means nothing, and then claim that a mediocre second season would mean everything.

Of course I can, because I already said he's not that good. There's been plenty of back in the NFL who had great rookies years and ended up nowhere. I don't have to wait til the end of the 3rd year to say otherwise, i know he's not that good. And my reasoning isn't some made up hyperbole like "unbelievable vision, instincts and feel".

Unlike others, I don't think he's this unbelievable superstar talent.

You said he was a "great" RB. Your definition of "great" and your liberal use of the word "unbelievable" is unbelievable. He is far from "great" and far from being unbelievably anything positive.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You said he has "unbelievable feel", "unbelievable instincts" and "unbelievable vision". That is hyperbole to the max. And then you top that off with "any schmuck could see that". No, only you can see that because you want to see that. The word "unbelievable" should be reserved for top backs like Walter Payton. Howard has "unbelievable" nothing, but he's closing in on "unbelievably overrated".

Yes, as could Howard.

You can't say that a historically great rookie season means nothing, and then claim that a mediocre second season would mean everything.

Of course I can, because I already said he's not that good. There's been plenty of back in the NFL who had great rookies years and ended up nowhere. I don't have to wait til the end of the 3rd year to say otherwise, i know he's not that good. And my reasoning isn't some made up hyperbole like "unbelievable vision, instincts and feel".

Unlike others, I don't think he's this unbelievable superstar talent.

You said he was a "great" RB. Your definition of "great" and your liberal use of the word "unbelievable" is unbelievable. He is far from "great" and far from being unbelievably anything positive.

You said he has "unbelievable feel", "unbelievable instincts" and "unbelievable vision". That is hyperbole to the max.

I don't think so. I think he has the best vision and patience that I have seen from a RB in quite some time. He's not fast, and what has allowed him to compensate for that is being extremely gifted with those attributes.

I clearly stated that "if there was a complete breakdown"... yes, I think he would struggle more than a freakish athlete like Elliot. However, with an average line (which is what you are talking about), he'd still be very good. As I said, I think he'd come down from a 5.3 YPC guy to around 4.5. Still very good...

Of course I can, because I already said he's not that good.

Okay, then by that logic, I get to declare Jordan Howard as an elite RB because of his rookie year. Even if he is mediocre this season.

There's been plenty of back in the NFL who had great rookies years and ended up nowhere.

Yes, and there have been backs who struggled in their 2nd season, then bounced back to continue on into successful careers. Anecdotal evidence is fun!

You said he was a "great" RB

Yes... great. That's right, and I would say it again. He had a record setting rookie year. He's been pretty damn "great" so far. Do I think he's a Hall of Fame, face of the NFL type of talent? No, but I think he can have a Matt Forte type of career. Matt Forte has been a great NFL RB.

And my reasoning isn't some made up hyperbole like "unbelievable vision, instincts and feel".

No, it's just discounting a 5.3 YPC and 1300 yard rookie season. That's all... Lol. Because... "he's just a big guy running through big holes!".

As if that's any more well thought out. It isn't... It's just babbling, like you're accusing me of doing. Except, I have the numbers and production on my side. What I am seeing, so far, has proven to be right in the way of production on the field.

I like ya BS, but you're going to be wrong on this one.

Last edited:

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's just discounting a 5.3 YPC and 1300 yard rookie season. That's all... Lol. Because... "he's just a big guy running through big holes!".

I am far from being wrong on this one. You can claim I will be wrong about Jordan failing, I have no disagreements with you on that one. I welcome your disagreement here, as time will prove I am right again. My main gripe is with your original hyperbole of "unbelievable insight, vision and feel". That's horseshit and you know it. The words "unbelievable" shouldn't be used so liberally, and neither should "greatness". You're throwing them around like Jordan is the next Payton, then you hedge your statement by essentially saying "oh but he's not really that good even though i called him great". You're all over the place.

This is the main difference between me and everybody else including you in here. Stats are your bible. I couldn't care less about Jordan's stats. How did he get those yards, is what's important. So you can scream about the 1300 rookie yards all you want, but to me that doesn't prove a thing. Just like Grossman's early numbers meant nothing to me. Just like David Terrell's TD numbers meant nothing to me. And on and on and on.

I don't think so. I think he has the best vision and patience that I have seen from a RB in quite some time

More hyperbole. Jordan has more patience and vision than Elliott? David Johnson? LeVeon Bell? LeSean McCoy? Give me a break dude. People tend to throw out "vision and patience" after looking at their stats. Wow, he ran for 1300 yards, obviously he has great vision--wrong.

I clearly stated that "if there was a complete breakdown"... yes, I think he would struggle more than a freakish athlete like Elliot

If Jordan would struggle more than Elliott given those circumstances then how is that "greatness"??

Yes... great. That's right, and I would say it again. He had a record setting rookie year. He's been pretty damn "great" so far.

Now you are moving away from originally saying Jordan is "great" to Jordan had a "great" year.

As if that's any more well thought out. It isn't... It's just babbling, like you're accusing me of doing. Except, I have the numbers and production on my side. What I am seeing, so far, has proven to be right in the way of production on the field.

Again, relying on stats. Every idiot in here only sees stats. I see through the stats. Save me from his stats, i don't play fantasy football. How daring of me to say Jordan is not that good given those lofty stats eh? I wonder who will end up right on this one. Because it looks like the odds are against me...unless I see something you don't see.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am far from being wrong on this one. You can claim I will be wrong about Jordan failing, I have no disagreements with you on that one. I welcome your disagreement here, as time will prove I am right again. My main gripe is with your original hyperbole of "unbelievable insight, vision and feel". That's horseshit and you know it. The words "unbelievable" shouldn't be used so liberally, and neither should "greatness". You're throwing them around like Jordan is the next Payton, then you hedge your statement by essentially saying "oh but he's not really that good even though i called him great". You're all over the place.

This is the main difference between me and everybody else including you in here. Stats are your bible. I couldn't care less about Jordan's stats. How did he get those yards, is what's important. So you can scream about the 1300 rookie yards all you want, but to me that doesn't prove a thing. Just like Grossman's early numbers meant nothing to me. Just like David Terrell's TD numbers meant nothing to me. And on and on and on.

I don't think so. I think he has the best vision and patience that I have seen from a RB in quite some time

More hyperbole. Jordan has more patience and vision than Elliott? David Johnson? LeVeon Bell? LeSean McCoy? Give me a break dude. People tend to throw out "vision and patience" after looking at their stats. Wow, he ran for 1300 yards, obviously he has great vision--wrong.

I clearly stated that "if there was a complete breakdown"... yes, I think he would struggle more than a freakish athlete like Elliot

If Jordan would struggle more than Elliott given those circumstances then how is that "greatness"??

Yes... great. That's right, and I would say it again. He had a record setting rookie year. He's been pretty damn "great" so far.

Now you are moving away from originally saying Jordan is "great" to Jordan had a "great" year.

Again, relying on stats. Every idiot in here only sees stats. I see through the stats. Save me from his stats, i don't play fantasy football. How daring of me to say Jordan is not that good given those lofty stats eh? I wonder who will end up right on this one. Because it looks like the odds are against me...unless I see something you don't see.

My main gripe is with your original hyperbole of "unbelievable insight, vision and feel". That's horseshit and you know it.

No, I don't... or else I would not have said it. Also, I never said "insight"... I said "instincts". Howard is an extremely patient runner, with great vision and feel behind the line of scrimmage. If you have a gripe with this, then dispute it. So far, we have "I say so... and that's why!". You can keep saying that, but it means nothing.

More hyperbole. Jordan has more patience and vision than Elliott? David Johnson? LeVeon Bell? LeSean McCoy? Give me a break dude.

Especially those RB's. Howard is not nearly as purely gifted as those backs, yet he either out-produced or produced equally to them. Not to mention, doing so in a terrible offense. How else do you think he accomplished this? His immeasurable qualities, such as field vision are largely responsible.

Wow, he ran for 1300 yards, obviously he has great vision--wrong.

No, he ran for 1300 yards, largely due to his great vision. Which compensated for his lack of measurable athleticism. I am not the only one who compliments Howard on his vision. You have still yet to give any demonstration to the contrary.

Is it of your opinion, that any RB less-gifted than Elliot cannot have a great career? I'd say that it's a pretty safe assumption, that if he can keep his head out of his ass. He has the ability to be a HOF RB, and possibly a top 10 all-time rusher. I do not feel Howard has that ability, but that doesn't mean he cannot have a great career.

Fred Taylor had a great career. Matt Forte had a great career. Stephen Jackson had a great career. None of these are HOF backs. I feel if Howard stays the course, and remains healthy. He could easily have similar success.

You're really swinging and missing here. You're trying too hard. I merely disagree with you BS. This isn't some massive confrontation, where you need to go after me and find some gaping hole in my argument.

You're really not going to be able to corner me either, because I don't make these grandiose claims about myself and exclaim to all that I can see the future.

Saying Howard had a "great year" does not erase that he is "a great back". That is an asinine claim to make, and shows that you're getting a tad desperate. I hate to see you like this BS, come on... you're better than that.

Howard has been great so far, and I feel he will continue to have similar success. That is all. End of story. You have my statement. Moving on...

You're struggling pretty badly.

I have clearly demonstrated intangible and immeasurable aspects of Howard's play, which are COMPLETELY separate from his numbers. Swing and a miss again BS...

You haven't even given a single reason... stats, intangibles... NOTHING... as to why Howard isn't a good RB. You're the on the clock here BS. Not me.

I have stated my reasons, both measurable and immeasurable, pertaining to why Jordan Howard is a good back. I have only used numbers, to demonstrate how his talent has translated to on the field success.

It's funny how when I bring up numbers, you dismiss them because "any idiot can see numbers"... Then, when I bring up very specific qualities unrelated to numbers. You can't do anything but dismiss them as "horse shit".

Oof... You are struggling bad, good sir.

Last edited: