• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Generating Pass Pressure

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Twists and slants: How to generate pressure with only 4 rushers - SBNation.com

article from SB Nation about how the 49ers do it. not surprisingly, the key is Justin Smith and how he sets up the offensive linemen.

if Tank is the heir apparent, the question is does he have the strength to set up linemen?

Almost certainly not at this time, but he'll have a year or two to develop. And he's probably more explosive and slippery than J Smith right now. At least when healthy.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things that draftniks mentioned with Tank was strong hands to control OL. He seems to me to be pretty similar to Justin Smith in size, stature, and IMO ability coming out of college. Tank starts lifting with the OL/DL and if his work ethic is similar to Cowboy, it shouldn't take long for him to dispel the strength question.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
hmm, my post is poorly written cause it implies i don't think he's strong enough? fact is i simply don't know, just thought i'd get opinions is all? anyways, not worried about his strength now, way too early.

he could very well have that strength 'in the making'? or maybe Tank does set up linemen but in a slightly difference manner? for example, maybe his speed forces linemen to 'over commit'?