• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GB@TB

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After last season's playoff debacle in San Francisco, it is a wonder why Pettine is still defensive coordinator.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After yesterday’s embarrassment, does anyone get the feeling they will just disappoint us once again in the playoffs? And it will be the same reasons, Rodgers will choke and the defense won’t be able to stop the run.
Did you expect this team to go 16-0? I didn't.

Packers played their worst football at the same time Tampa played their best football. If the Packers were playing their best and still got smoked, I'd be concerned. If the NFL played 7-game playoff series like other sports, I think the Packers would win the series against Tampa despite getting smoked in game 1.

And if you look at the landscape of the NFC at the moment, there are ZERO teams that are standing out as dominant. The Packers have just as good of a chance to make the Super Bowl as every other team in the conference. We'll see how the chips fall.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Packers played their worst football at the same time Tampa played their best football. If the Packers were playing their best and still got smoked, I'd be concerned. If the NFL played 7-game playoff series like other sports, I think the Packers would win the series against Tampa despite getting smoked in game 1.

And if you look at the landscape of the NFC at the moment, there are ZERO teams that are standing out as dominant. The Packers have just as good of a chance to make the Super Bowl as every other team in the conference. We'll see how the chips fall.
If the Packers have a chance to get to the SB Rodgers needs to step up in the big games.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady wasn't even sacked while Rodgers was running for his life. Pettine is a poor DC.

If the Packers have a chance to get to the SB Rodgers needs to step up in the big games.

It's a lot more than just Rodgers that needs to step up in big games. You said it yourself.

Rodgers has the capability of masking and erasing a lot of deficiencies, but he can't do it all himself. Yeah, he had a poor game against Tampa, but he was one of 60 (players and coaches) who did.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a lot more than just Rodgers that needs to step up in big games. You said it yourself.

Rodgers has the capability of masking and erasing a lot of deficiencies, but he can't do it all himself. Yeah, he had a poor game against Tampa, but he was one of 60 (players and coaches) who did.
He needed to step up but went to crap after the first interception.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needed to step up but went to crap after the first interception.
After the interception, he took too much of the responsibility. He did step up, but he stepped up so high that he fell off... He lost trust in his receivers and second-guessed his own decisions - it's the same crap we saw the two previous years... ...trying to do too much himself.

What needed to happen was LaFleur should've called some short rhythm plays to regain Rodgers' trust in his receivers and allow his playmakers to gain some yards after catch while neutralizing the Tampa pressure. The coaches were failing. The quarterback was failing. The receivers were failing. The running backs were failing. The whole defense was failing. Can't pin this solely on Rodgers, he's just part of the equation.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not with the defense they currently have. What I expect is an improvement on both sides of the ball but specially defensively. The only consistency on this team has been a horrible run defense year after year. The offense will have those games where nothing goes right. Thats when you need the defense to pick up the slack and carry the team thru. I get it bad games happen but I feel like we’ve seen this movie before and it never ends well.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers just sit on their hands while other NFC teams make aggressive moves to strengthen their lineups.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not with the defense they currently have. What I expect is an improvement on both sides of the ball but specially defensively. The only consistency on this team has been a horrible run defense year after year. The offense will have those games where nothing goes right. Thats when you need the defense to pick up the slack and carry the team thru. I get it bad games happen but I feel like we’ve seen this movie before and it never ends well.
If Pettine isn't fired after this season Packers fans should be pissed.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers just sit on their hands while other NFC teams make aggressive moves to strengthen their lineups.
Status quo. Nothing new. A knock against this organization is they are always hell bent on the future. I get it but what suffers is the present. This along with sub par evaluation of talent keeps this team from getting to the SB year after year. Rodgers is the only reason they compete. Without Rodgers, this team doesn’t see above .500.

Reactions: GNG