• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gastineau fighting cancer now

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ex-jets-great-gastineau-has-gofundme-for-fight-of-his-life/ar-AABRFYu

Usually I don't get into the whole dark side of the league and there lack of effort or support to help former players. I understand they make millions of dollars ( players) and for the most part take care of their money and have fall back plans but this dude played in the era where contracts weren't as large as what they are today....

Almost every league has some. Sucks to hear but sometimes the truth is harsh

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, younger than me by a lot.

He played when it was still at least part game.

Best of luck to him.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worth millions, signed a $4M contract at some point... back in the 80s when investing that much in real estate/stock, etc. would EASILY cover the cost of today (due to inflation). Even today, most people are nowhere NEAR earning $4M by the age of 32... and many people could EASILY live on that chunk of money TODAY.

Zero sympathy. Plan ahead. Don't come knocking around with the victim card because you blew through cash like a hooker through blow. "These are college kids that don't know how to save properly!" So? I was a college kid and I saved properly and chose a career that would carry me well into my later years for retirement. WTF was this guy doing once he 'retired' at the glorious age of THIRTY FUCKIN' TWO? Hmm, well my retirement is nowhere in sight and I'm a few years beyond that.

Hey, start a go fund me, do whatever. If someone wants to charity help you fine... but I'm not helpin' ya. I didn't see this fucker donating money to people in the 80s/90s who were dying of cancer when he had a shit ton of money. Either way it's smart. Play the sympathy card, plenty of people these days are willing to donate money. He should be so lucky he has the Internet and media to boost his story.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worth millions, signed a $4M contract at some point... back in the 80s when investing that much in real estate/stock, etc. would EASILY cover the cost of today (due to inflation). Even today, most people are nowhere NEAR earning $4M by the age of 32... and many people could EASILY live on that chunk of money TODAY.

Zero sympathy. Plan ahead. Don't come knocking around with the victim card because you blew through cash like a hooker through blow. "These are college kids that don't know how to save properly!" So? I was a college kid and I saved properly and chose a career that would carry me well into my later years for retirement. WTF was this guy doing once he 'retired' at the glorious age of THIRTY FUCKIN' TWO? Hmm, well my retirement is nowhere in sight and I'm a few years beyond that.

Hey, start a go fund me, do whatever. If someone wants to charity help you fine... but I'm not helpin' ya. I didn't see this fucker donating money to people in the 80s/90s who were dying of cancer when he had a shit ton of money. Either way it's smart. Play the sympathy card, plenty of people these days are willing to donate money. He should be so lucky he has the Internet and media to boost his story.

I agree with this. GoFundMe is abused. In many cases, its a great use of the platform. But not here. This is ComeBailMeOut.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll let New York bail his ass out.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes....players are part of society.

take a Saturday and visit a Scottish Rite Hospital...now that's some sad stuff !!!!!!!!!!