• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Games start Sat & no ones talking? Best gms? Upset predictions?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll start with Nebraska vs Northwestern played in Dublin. NW often surprises, but I doubt they'll be in the mix this year but you never know? Nebraska, on the other hand, was 1 score per game away from beating ALL of it's opponents. Could this be the year they finally start winning those close games? This game will either tell us this is not that year, if they lose to NW, or that they will be in the mix for the West Title if they crush NW. Or if they pull off a close win, well then maybe they can continue their string of close losses this year, too?

Looking over the games being played on Saturday, maybe that is why no one is talking yet? Pretty unspectacular lineup, pretty disappointing and surprising that the NCAA would start the season out like this. Or is it the school's fault that none of them schedules a big game for opening day?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll start with Nebraska vs Northwestern played in Dublin. NW often surprises, but I doubt they'll be in the mix this year but you never know? Nebraska, on the other hand, was 1 score per game away from beating ALL of it's opponents. Could this be the year they finally start winning those close games? This game will either tell us this is not that year, if they lose to NW, or that they will be in the mix for the West Title if they crush NW. Or if they pull off a close win, well then maybe they can continue their string of close losses this year, too?

Looking over the games being played on Saturday, maybe that is why no one is talking yet? Pretty unspectacular lineup, pretty disappointing and surprising that the NCAA would start the season out like this. Or is it the school's fault that none of them schedules a big game for opening day?

It's Week 0. Big games start Week 1.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Week 0. Big games start Week 1.
Yeah, and I suppose it's smart for those schools who are playing tomorrow as they might get more viewers just because some of us might have gone so long without that we'll watch anything, lol.

I have to be honest, I'm very excited about my teams potential this year.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why shouldn't I be?

Back to back 9+ win non-covid seasons, I challenge you to find a single cfb expert who says Minnesota isn't a contender to win the West.

6th year Sr Quarterback is back, as is the 4th year Wildcat QB.
6th year star RB - 2nd tm pre-ssn AA who was injured is back, as well as 2nd string 4th yr guy who avg 110 yds per gm before he got injured.
6th year #1 WR is back, and 3 Jrs who combined for 900 yards last ssn.
6th year starting Center from last year, 1st team pre-season AA, is back, he's 1 of 2 6th year returning OL.
6th & 5th year TEs, are back,
5th year, former MAC Special teams POY in 2019, 2021 he finished 5th in Gopher history in # of made FGs Kicker, is back.

Off Coordinator from 2019, is back,

Grad Transfers from Notre Dame & Michigan could end up on the OL.

22 players on the roster with at least 5 years experience

That's just the offense. I think they are going to score some points this year.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why shouldn't I be?

Back to back 9+ win non-covid seasons, I challenge you to find a single cfb expert who says Minnesota isn't a contender to win the West.

6th year star RB - 2nd tm pre-ssn AA who was injured is back, as well as 2nd string 4th yr guy who avg 110 yds per gm before he got injured.
6th year starting Center from last year, 1st team pre-season AA, is back, he's 1 of 2 6th year returning OL.
5th year, former MAC Special teams POY in 2019, 2021 he finished 5th in Gopher history in # of made FGs Kicker, is back.

Oh, and I forgot, NO OSU and NO MICHIGAN on the schedule. Toughest opponents are @MSU, @UW, vs Iowa & @PSU.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I challenge you to find a single cfb expert who says Minnesota isn't a contender to win the West.
There are usually 4 to 6 teams in contention to win the West every year; after which they get the honor of being Big 10 runner-up, even though there are usually 3 or 4 teams in the East that are better.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are usually 4 to 6 teams in contention to win the West every year; after which they get the honor of being Big 10 runner-up, even though there are usually 3 or 4 teams in the East that are better.
3 or 4 better in the East? LOL. You couldn't back that up with actual facts, obviously. I'd be surprised if you could find a single season, since the current two 7 team Division format was formed, where 4 East teams finished the season ranked higher than every West team. I'd be surprised if you found more than 1 or 2 seasons that 3 were ranked better in the EOS rankings.

You could do a head to head comparison of the West Champs vs the Top 3-4 East teams each year and I bet it won't support your bs claim.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 or 4 better in the East? LOL. You couldn't back that up with actual facts, obviously. I'd be surprised if you could find a single season, since the current two 7 team Division format was formed, where 4 East teams finished the season ranked higher than every West team. I'd be surprised if you found more than 1 or 2 seasons that 3 were ranked better in the EOS rankings.

You could do a head to head comparison of the West Champs vs the Top 3-4 East teams each year and I bet it won't support your bs claim.
How about 2021, when Michigan, Ohio St. & Penn St. were all clearly better than any team that came out of the West?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about 2021, when Michigan, Ohio St. & Penn St. were all clearly better than any team that came out of the West?
ONE year, is not USUALLY, neither is twice.

You said, there are USUALLY three to FOUR teams in the east that are better.

Not once, not one single time in the last 10 seasons, has there ever been 4 teams in the East better than any team in the West.

ONLY TWICE in ten seasons, were there 3 teams in the east ranked higher than everyone in the West. 2 out of 10 is NOT usually.

There were MORE seasons(3-4) where there was ONLY ONE team better in the east than the best in the west than there were 3-4 from the east that were better, in the last decade. I put (3-4) because there were 3 years for sure, and 2019 they ranked PSU one spot ahead of Minnesota that year, despite UMn beating PSU that year. UMn and PSU were both 10-2 going into the bowls and UMn played and beat superior team than PSU beat, UMn beat Top Ten ranked Auburn where PSU only beat Memphis. So you can get technical and claim PSU was better rated than UMn, and that's fine, what I said is STILL TRUE, there were more seasons when only one East team rated higher than the best rated team in the West than there were seasons where 3-4 teams from the east ranked better. Meaning...

YOU WERE WRONG!!! You weren't even close to being right. Someone saying it's Usually only 1 or 2 teams from the east that end up better than the best team in the West, that person would be closer to being right than you were.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why shouldn't I be?

The grad transfer from ND had 23 career snaps at Notre Dame. He’s at Minnesota because he can’t compete in major D1 football.

TrevorClark98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bunch of boring games last Saturday, the REAL season starts tomorrow.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ONE year, is not USUALLY, neither is twice.

You said, there are USUALLY three to FOUR teams in the east that are better.

Not once, not one single time in the last 10 seasons, has there ever been 4 teams in the East better than any team in the West.

ONLY TWICE in ten seasons, were there 3 teams in the east ranked higher than everyone in the West. 2 out of 10 is NOT usually.

There were MORE seasons(3-4) where there was ONLY ONE team better in the east than the best in the west than there were 3-4 from the east that were better, in the last decade. I put (3-4) because there were 3 years for sure, and 2019 they ranked PSU one spot ahead of Minnesota that year, despite UMn beating PSU that year. UMn and PSU were both 10-2 going into the bowls and UMn played and beat superior team than PSU beat, UMn beat Top Ten ranked Auburn where PSU only beat Memphis. So you can get technical and claim PSU was better rated than UMn, and that's fine, what I said is STILL TRUE, there were more seasons when only one East team rated higher than the best rated team in the West than there were seasons where 3-4 teams from the east ranked better. Meaning...

YOU WERE WRONG!!! You weren't even close to being right. Someone saying it's Usually only 1 or 2 teams from the east that end up better than the best team in the West, that person would be closer to being right than you were.
Just wanted to point out my typo at the top. I meant Michigan St., not Penn St. as a better team than what came out of the West. And, to somewhat soothe your ire, maybe I misspoke when I said there are usually 3 or 4 teams better in the East; but there are almost at least two, and sometimes the third team is at about the same level of the best of the West.