• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game officials just ignored obvious calls yesterday

Bronco754

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I normally try NOT to criticize officials simply because I used to be one a long time ago. However, what I saw yesterday in the Boise State vs. Colorado State game merits mentioning. That being the fact that the Colorado offensive players - on nearly every single play - were very OBVIOUSLY guilty of HOLDING. It was as plain as the nose on your face to someone who recognizes holding when they see it.

YET............despite the FACT that holding was occurring on virtually every single play in that game (by the CSU offensive linemen, wide receivers, tight ends and running backs) NOT ONE TIME IN THE ENTIRE GAME WAS COLORADO STATE CALLED FOR HOLDING...............NOT ONE SINGLE TIME.

It is difficult for me to fathom HOW that could occur - and again I say that as someone who used to officiate football and softball and baseball games.

That MWC officiating crew is a crew I've seen before and they are consistently atrocious on this. The last time I watched them work a game they clearly had no idea what constituted pass interference. This game yesterday it was holding calls that were - apparently - just ignored throughout the entire game.

My usual response to someone who criticizes officials is "Well, if you think you can do better then feel free to go apply for their job." And I NORMALLY say that because officiating is a VERY thankless job and a very difficult job as well. But when an entire officiating game just blatantly ignores NUMEROUS very obvious holding calls throughout an entire game - then something needs to be said.

tenor.gif