• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game evaluation by genius (vs Panthers)

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* David Montgomery will be elite in this league. We finally have a RB after years of overrated, one-dimensional Jordan Howard--a guy only I, the genius hated for all these years. I knew it wouldn't take much to upgrade over Howard and boy was this an upgrade. When I saw tape of Montgomery in college, i knew this guy was a stud and guess what? The genius was right again. Hopefully he doesn't get injured as it's in his DNA not to go down. I would hate to see the kid get stacked up and have his legs twisted from under him.

The only big negative with Montgomery is that he's now out of the bag. He was going in my fantasy in round 4 or 5 but now he's shot up to as high as late 2nd. I may have to grab him in the 2nd.

* Kerrith Whyte Jr is nothing special. He runs stiff, is a one move pony and will have a hard time making the first defender miss in this league. Of course he does have speed but will have a hard time showing that speed of at this level as he'll have a hard time getting past the first level of defenders. It'll take creative play calling to make Whyte look good.

* Chase Daniels is not good. He's a good clip board QB but he needs absolutely perfect protection. I wish we would have drafted a young QB. If Trubisky goes down, we are done. Our 3rd string QB Bray looks even worse than Daniels. Which i didn't think was possible.

* Our D-line is really good. Even our backup guys. These guys forces the pocket to collapse almost all the time. It's pretty impressive how good we are here.

* Our secondary is really good. Losing Amos (our weakest link) was a non factor. Losing Callahan i thought would be a bigger factor but we have so much depth here it may not matter much at all. I'm pretty happy with where we are here.

* We need to trade for kicker Vedvik of the Ravens because I don't think Fry or Pineiro is the answer. It's almost like even the easy kicks are not automatic (yes yes dumb dumb i know nothing is automatic). Vedvik is the only guy that looks like a legit NFL kicker. Pace needs to do his job.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monty scares me, maybe he is good and maybe he will get to Howards level but he will need to be on the field to do it. Everything I see is a good kid that gives it his all, but the downside to that is fumbles and injury's. He will not be able to bully his way thru this league. We are absolutely gonna miss Amos and Callahan. The guys replacing them are big downgrades. Our deep Dline will cover up a lot of the losses to our backfield but when we play the top teams we will feel the losses of Amos/Callahan. We have some serious holes this year at backup positions and staying healthy is everything. I think we are the most talented team in the NFL with all starters playing. The one area we suck at is STs, we can't cover or kick FGs with any certainty. I am not negative on this team at all but like any team a few injury's or 1 key injury (QB) and our SB run is over.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played in 37 games in college....had 624 attempts....and fumbled 3 times.

Where do see a concern with either health or fumbles?
In the NFL is where i see the concern. I don't care about college. I'm just saying that guys that fight for every yard and take on every big hit don't fair well or last long at this level of competition. I appreciate the effort but with that comes injury's and fumbles.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* Chase Daniels is not good. He's a good clip board QB but he needs absolutely perfect protection. I wish we would have drafted a young QB. If Trubisky goes down, we are done. Our 3rd string QB Bray looks even worse than Daniels. Which i didn't think was possible.

Gotta do it.

Daniel.

But I agree. He sucks ass. I would have rather had a yoot.

9a6798f8fe6ee6ede1afea0de340f7d2.jpg

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monty scares me, maybe he is good and maybe he will get to Howards level but he will need to be on the field to do it. Everything I see is a good kid that gives it his all, but the downside to that is fumbles and injury's. He will not be able to bully his way thru this league. We are absolutely gonna miss Amos and Callahan. The guys replacing them are big downgrades. Our deep Dline will cover up a lot of the losses to our backfield but when we play the top teams we will feel the losses of Amos/Callahan. We have some serious holes this year at backup positions and staying healthy is everything. I think we are the most talented team in the NFL with all starters playing. The one area we suck at is STs, we can't cover or kick FGs with any certainty. I am not negative on this team at all but like any team a few injury's or 1 key injury (QB) and our SB run is over.

Depth is definitely an issue...However...The hype is and should be real for the Montgomery/Cohen tandem.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monty doesn't " scares " me after the first game. He showed me enough to know his floor is NFL able. Now, as much as I like Howard, no way on this green planet Howard makes that TD run (high ceiling? Perhaps so!). Unlike BS's claim, Howard has shown an ability to be a very solid, top tier running back in the NFL. And since BS probably doesn't get out much, he didn't hear that the Raven's spare kicker, Kaare Vedvik, was traded to Minny yesterday. I see K. Whyte as a PS player this year, but if he does make the roster, can't imagine a poor LB'r trying to guard the little speedster. Lets watch and see what he does the rest of the pre season. It was only game one, duh.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the NFL is where i see the concern. I don't care about college. I'm just saying that guys that fight for every yard and take on every big hit don't fair well or last long at this level of competition. I appreciate the effort but with that comes injury's and fumbles.

So you’re just making stuff up...is what you’re saying?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike BS's claim, Howard has shown an ability to be a very solid, top tier running back in the NFL.

I love how the Howard supporters are going to enlighten me on Howard. I know Howard better than anyone here.

Howard is only successful if there are big holes. Montgomery/Cohen can make things happen even w/out holes.

Howard is about as average as it gets. Montgomery/Cohen otoh are special. Can the idiots on this board finally figure this out already? It's gotten to the point where it's blatantly obvious now.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are absolutely gonna miss Amos and Callahan. The guys replacing them are big downgrades.

Amos was nothing special. At worst Ha Ha is just as good. The thing about Callahan is, we could have resigned him for like 1.5M more. I don't understand the logic of saving a mil. We have alot of great depth in our secondary and I think we'll be fine. Having Calahan as part of that mix would have been nice though.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amos was nothing special. At worst Ha Ha is just as good. The thing about Callahan is, we could have resigned him for like 1.5M more. I don't understand the logic of saving a mil. We have alot of great depth in our secondary and I think we'll be fine. Having Calahan as part of that mix would have been nice though.
Amos was something special as he was good every week like clockwork. It's why we could not afford to keep him. They have this breakdown with film on HaHa on a different board I post and HaHa is shockingly bad and out of position often. He takes bad angles and gives up big plays weekly the exact opposite of Amos. I thought more of HaHa myself until I watched the breakdown vids, now I wish we had a rookie to play. He was not just bad he was awful. I agree with we should have paid Calahan the lousy little bit more he wanted. Go to chicitysports board and check the haha breakdown, it will depress you how bad he plays.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 64 you should know that fighting for extra yards leads to injury's and fumbles and not accuse people of making things up that are common knowledge.
Unless your Payton, but physics didn't seem to apply to him either.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 64 you should know that fighting for extra yards leads to injury's and fumbles and not accuse people of making things up that are common knowledge.

It doesn’t definitely lead to anything. There have been plenty of physical backs that don’t have fumble issues and have long careers.

Montgomery has shown nothing in college that suggest he will have fumble problems. And he was very healthy....so proposing either as a potential problem is based on absolutely nothing.

So you made it up.