• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game by game predictions for Washington

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not finalized, but as of now this is how I see Washington. I am only doing this for a few teams who could potentially benefit from other issues in their divisions.

Week 1-@Phi. Philadelphia is at home and the better team. But it's week 1. Washington has been swept two straight years and you'll have to go back t 2004 to find the last time a NFC East team was swept three straight times, which was ironically Philadelphia sweeping Washington. My reasoning is Washington needs to win while they are still fresh. By the time they face the Eagles week 15, they probably won't be good enough to win. Washington has a better defense than Philadelphia, especially their front seven. That pass rush and respectable QB play will be why they pull off the typical week 1 upset. 1-0

Week 2-Dal. Last year, Washington won at home against Dallas. Did they win because of no Amari Cooper yet on the team? Perhaps, but Washington plays good at home. Dallas is the better team, but I am leaning on another split. 2-0.

Week 3-Chi. Here's where it gets interesting. Washington has won seven straight against the Bears. In most of these years, the Bears have come off the better season and almost always favored before the season. In 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2015 the Bears were expected to win this matchup. Additionally, these teams employ the same strengths they had in most of those years. Chicago has great defense with below average offense. Washington has great pass rush with a similar offense. Chicago could get after Washington's offense, but Washington can do the same. If they play it safe, it will be up to Chicago's offense to do something. I personally do not think Chicago will have an answer for Chris Thompson and I could see Trubisky taking more chances in this game than Haskins or Keenum. This is Chicago's achilles heel. 3-0.

Week 4-@NYG. Most people will have week 3 and 4's results reversed. Washington can't sweep the Giants. Period. Giants adjust well against them every time after a loss. With Washington on five days rest and already a average team, this bodes well for the Giants to take advantage and change the narrative of losing the first game for the fourth straight year. 3-1.

Week 5-NE. There is one advantage for Washington here. NE is going to Buffalo the week before. However, if NE were to be affected by the two straight road games, I'd lean on them losing to the Giants over Washington (I will explain when doing the Giants). Washington has just not matched up with NE at all when they played. Brady is 3-1 against them, but 3-0 the last three meetings. 3-2.

Week 6-@Mia. Washington is better than Miami, but may not be that much better than them. Miami's a mess but they could be a better offense here. What should have Washington concerned is the fact that the Dolphins will be at home for the fourth time in five games and coming off of a bye week. Miami plays well coming off bye weeks. They are 3-2 in the last five but the two losses were nailbiters and last minute losses to the Packers and Colts. Two years ago, the Broncos were in a similar situation but they were 3-0 at home, and I see Miami being 0-3 at home (and 0-4). Miami will be more motivated for a win. 3-3.

Week 7-SF. This is a game that is very unpredictable. SF has an even better defensive front to go along with a better secondary and better QB and offensive playmakers. Washington will be on a losing streak, and SF could take advantage of it. The only leg Washington has to stand on here is that they are at home. They can get after the QB, but so can SF. If Washington were to have a good season, then a win here would work. SF looks to have the more promising season if the QB stays healthy. 3-4.

Week 8-@Min. Three days rest and on the road against a clearly better team. Easy loss. 3-5.

Week 9-@Buf. I mostly had this as a L, but the more I think about it, I think Philadelphia might win the first two road games against Minnesota, Dallas, and Buffalo. As a result, Buffalo could steal a win they wouldn't have any other time. And when teams (outside the NFC East) play back to back against Philadelphia and Washington, they never come out of it 2-0. This could be a trade-off with Miami. 4-5.

Week 11-NYJ. NYJ is gonna have a better year, and they are gonna also have more to play for than Washington. But Washington has a long trend against the AFC (I know you hate trends). They have been able to win a max of two games only since 2002. They also have gone 2-2 every other year, and last year they went 1-3. Being at home and off a bye week supports another 2-2 AFC record. 5-5.

Week 12-Det. While they have owned Chicago, Detroit's owned them! Detroit got their first win in two years against Washington in 2009 and have not lost to them since. Washington also is not that great at winning at home again after a home win. Detroit is also good at winning on the road against teams with back to back home games, as they did this against Miami last year (wonder who Miami beat the week before?) and NO in 2016. Taking all of that out of the equation, Detroit has a decent defense, not better than Washington's, but Matthew Stafford is at least a better passer than whoever is behind center for Washington. 5-6.

Week 13-@Car. Last year, Washington stopped the bleeding against Carolina, but asking to win in Carolina where they have historically struggled is asking a lot. That said, we don't know what Carolina team will show up. Washington employs the formula for beating Carolina, getting after Newton. But I think Washington wins this only if they beat SF week 7 because five losses instead of six at this point makes a difference. 5-7.

Week 14-@GB. Yes, Washington has beaten the Packers the last two games. Since 2004, however, the home team is 5-0. Washington is a different team on the road, and there is no way that they can do to Rodgers and co. in Lambeau what they do in Fed-ex. 5-8.

Week 15-Phi. Like I said, Washington needed to end the losing streak while they were fresh. They are not fresh here, and the better team wins, with or without Wentz. 5-9.

Week 16-NYG. If NYG is playing for a .500 season, then they will sweep Washington. For now, let's say that's not the case. Though, Washington does have a history of continually losing when falling apart. 6-9.

Week 17-@Dal. They weren't sweeping Dallas. This Dallas team since 2015 has owned Washington in Arlington. 6-10.

So, Washington is looking at 6-10. If they were to beat SF and Carolina, they would go 8-8. That record will not be good enough to win this division. They would have to go 4-2 or up, like they have done the two times they won the NFC East, to take advantage of a down year for the division.