• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: GAME 7 - Michigan Whiteout

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSU comes in an 8.5 favorite. scUM defense had some holes and PSU should be able to exploit them. PSU defense continues to shutdown run, making scUM 1 dimensional and rolls to double digit win.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a typical Franklin style game. They come out with a great game plan, Michigan makes adjustments … Penn State does not. I hope they can hang on.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Clifford Hamler, he is one hell of a football player.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank goodness for the drop.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a typical Franklin style game. They come out with a great game plan, Michigan makes adjustments … Penn State does not. I hope they can hang on.

Yeah, you couldn't be more off base, but whatever floats your boat. I was at the game and saw WR running open for big plays and TDs throughout second half that Clifford just didn't see and either made checkdowns too quick or ran. Hell, he had KJ 20 yards in clear on over throw to Friermuth on 3rd down in 3rd quarter. their gameplan gave them plenty of chances to put it away and score 40+. If you feel the need to bitch about a guy who has taken our program from skeleton roster .500 team to yearly playoff contender with elite talent throughout roster in less than 5 years, knock yourself out

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any top recruits visiting the game tomorrow night?

they had to turn people away, were a ton of top guys there from 2021 class. Whiteout usually lays groundwork for upcoming classes, not much with current. Theo Johnson was the big dog in for 2020, but class is almost full. Got 2 -2021 commits over weekend already and lead for some big,big fish

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you couldn't be more off base, but whatever floats your boat. I was at the game and saw WR running open for big plays and TDs throughout second half that Clifford just didn't see and either made checkdowns too quick or ran. Hell, he had KJ 20 yards in clear on over throw to Friermuth on 3rd down in 3rd quarter. their gameplan gave them plenty of chances to put it away and score 40+. If you feel the need to bitch about a guy who has taken our program from skeleton roster .500 team to yearly playoff contender with elite talent throughout roster in less than 5 years, knock yourself out

I will knock myself out and maybe you can learn some football too. First I am entitled to my opinion.

Secondly I was not talking about just long passes. Not every long pass is going to be completed no matter who the QB is. The QB draw was successful to start the game then shut down after adjustments were made. We went back to that same play over and over even after UM had adjusted. That is just one example.

The defense started playing the Michigan D WR screen very well right up until they made adjustments. Just one more example but there are others. Michigan made adjustments to the outside blitz which was only effective early. (remember last years Ohio State game, when they shut down OSU right up until they went to their screen game? 90 yards on three screen plays.)

Time of possession was 37:45 to 22:15. Michigan had a 130 more yards of offense.

Penn State won because they had Hamler and a Michigan receiver dropped an easy TD at the end of the game. But what the hell while you were AT the game maybe you didn't notice all the 3 and outs and only saw WRs running wide open.

You might have also noted that Penn State did not shut down the Michigan run game and they did not win by double digits.

So while I gave my opinion I am happy that Penn State won. Franklin is who is. He has done an overall good job. He has the team consistently in the top 4 in the Big Ten. I did not advocate firing him.

Anyhow, if you feel the need to dispute my thoughts that is fine. I am going to say what I see. I have enough years of playing football to feel comfortable in my analysis. Like you I will also be rooting for victory every week. :suds:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will knock myself out and maybe you can learn some football too. First I am entitled to my opinion.

Secondly I was not talking about just long passes. Not every long pass is going to be completed no matter who the QB is. The QB draw was successful to start the game then shut down after adjustments were made. We went back to that same play over and over even after UM had adjusted. That is just one example.

The defense started playing the Michigan D WR screen very well right up until they made adjustments. Just one more example but there are others. Michigan made adjustments to the outside blitz which was only effective early. (remember last years Ohio State game, when they shut down OSU right up until they went to their screen game? 90 yards on three screen plays.)

Time of possession was 37:45 to 22:15. Michigan had a 130 more yards of offense.

Penn State won because they had Hamler and a Michigan receiver dropped an easy TD at the end of the game. But what the hell while you were AT the game maybe you didn't notice all the 3 and outs and only saw WRs running wide open.

You might have also noted that Penn State did not shut down the Michigan run game and they did not win by double digits.

So while I gave my opinion I am happy that Penn State won. Franklin is who is. He has done an overall good job. He has the team consistently in the top 4 in the Big Ten. I did not advocate firing him.

Anyhow, if you feel the need to dispute my thoughts that is fine. I am going to say what I see. I have enough years of playing football to feel comfortable in my analysis. Like you I will also be rooting for victory every week. :suds:

The players at our tailgate after the game would strongly disagree with your assessment. Last i checked you don't need to win by double digits or have more yards. you need to have more points and we did. Michigan got a ton of yards between the 20's with PSU allowing the short middle to run clock. They scored after their WR literally tackled a DB that would've stopped them on a 3rd and long as well.

PSU allowed 3.4 per carry and controlled the ground game. They gained a chunk of it in second half again, against bend but don't break. they were taking away the big play and playing the clock. i asked one of the players about the call at the goal line where the QB was called down and ball to PSU after stuff, then reversed, they all said I don't care what they called, we are 1-0 this week and that's all that matters.

Bottom line, if you don't feel we made adjustments and had players in position to win, we were watching different games. I rewatched the broadcast on DVR and they did not show many of the open guys Cliff missed in second on both intermediate and long routes. Cain being dinged up and in dog house a bit didn't help either.

We definitely need to up our offensive output for 60 minutes if we have any hopes to beat OSU, but we keep progressing each week and if Cain can stay healthy providing the hammer to eat up clock and sustain drives we'll be fine

On to win the ugliest trophy in all of sports 1-0 again this week, I don't care how ugly, that we can agree on.:suds:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care how ugly either. A win is a win is win.

Agree we will have to up our game a little to beat OSU. Like the rest of us I want the team to win all of them every year. I know it won't happen every year but that's the hope. Been rooting like that since 1968. :D Except for a couple years we have won most of them.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Convincing win with another stout D performance by Penn State. The O wasn't too shabby either. WE are flying headlong into a confrontation with Ohio State and Wisconsin. I hope we are the team to give both teams their first L. Should be fun to watch!!

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Convincing win with another stout D performance by Penn State. The O wasn't too shabby either. WE are flying headlong into a confrontation with Ohio State and Wisconsin. I hope we are the team to give both teams their first L. Should be fun to watch!!

Well, OSU and Wisky play one another this week, so the last part is impossible :D We can give Minnesota and OSU their first loss though and I would be fine with that. We need to keep improving and making the plays we are missing right now on O. They are there, just need to hit them.