• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 6: Seahawks @ Giants

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard Palmer broke his arm, man that's a tough blow to the Cardinals...

Tough blow yes, but Arizona needed to address their backup QB situation like 4 years ago. Do they not realize Palmer is old and fragile?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or its just what the need to finally be able to saw, ok he's done and they go after a young new QB in the draft.

However lately they have been going with Vertern QB as stop gaps and haven't pick a high young caliber QB since I think Leinart. It's going to be interesting to see if they think there only a couple pieces away (with that D) or it they go full rebuilt.
I think Zona will be re-building and soon. Fitz is likely going to retire soon. David Johnson coming back healthy will help but they have a lot of issues. QB, Oline, filling the void left by Fitz and the D is not what it was a couple of years ago. Actually, I think the D wasn't that great to start with. Good but not great.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it took longer than was comfortable to kick it in, but at least they did. It made absolutely no sense at to be on the light end of the scoreboard at half time, but that's just another example of how yards don't win games.

As we all saw, this one really should have been a laugher but for 3 huge drops and all the first half penalties that combined to keep us out of the end zone. I thought the OPI on TL taking that TD off the board was awfully weak as well. Graham's 2 lapses could have been killers.

I thought the OL had a decent day blocking. Not many free runners that I remember, and there were holes here and there. The penalties were a problem though. A bit of a heart stopper when Britt went down, but good to see him quickly get back in there. Rawls and Lacy both end up with 11 carries each; neither had impressive averages but I thought they ran ok to at least represent a mild distraction for the opposing D.

Russell had a strong game despite missing a couple open deep passes. Weird to see him do that so frequently this season, but overall he was certainly the best player on the field. To overcome those penalties and brutal drops to still finish with 330+ yards, 3 TDs, and no TOs is impressive. Probably 100+ yards and 2 more TDs left out there because of those bad miscues.

I'm not worried at all about the friction on the bench for 2 reasons: 1) this team is packed with proven veteran leaders who can keep it from being a problem, and 2) they responded by outscoring NYG 21-0 in the 2nd half and of course got the W.

The NFC landscape is taking an interesting shape with every team having 2+ losses except for Philly, and they aren't going 15-1 and still have to come to Seattle in Dec. Rodgers out, Palmer out, Elliott at some point should be out, Falcons lost 3 in a row, Vikings no QB, etc. The Rams are there at 5-2, but of course we already beat them at their house. I'm still looking at 12-4.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough blow yes, but Arizona needed to address their backup QB situation like 4 years ago. Do they not realize Palmer is old and fragile?

That seems to be the route the Cards have taken with there QB situation for a LONG time now...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cards FO might think they still have a shot next season so I wouldn't be too surprised if they threw their hats in the ring for Alex Smith in the offseason.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it took longer than was comfortable to kick it in, but at least they did. It made absolutely no sense at to be on the light end of the scoreboard at half time, but that's just another example of how yards don't win games.

As we all saw, this one really should have been a laugher but for 3 huge drops and all the first half penalties that combined to keep us out of the end zone. I thought the OPI on TL taking that TD off the board was awfully weak as well. Graham's 2 lapses could have been killers.

I thought the OL had a decent day blocking. Not many free runners that I remember, and there were holes here and there. The penalties were a problem though. A bit of a heart stopper when Britt went down, but good to see him quickly get back in there. Rawls and Lacy both end up with 11 carries each; neither had impressive averages but I thought they ran ok to at least represent a mild distraction for the opposing D.

Russell had a strong game despite missing a couple open deep passes. Weird to see him do that so frequently this season, but overall he was certainly the best player on the field. To overcome those penalties and brutal drops to still finish with 330+ yards, 3 TDs, and no TOs is impressive. Probably 100+ yards and 2 more TDs left out there because of those bad miscues.

I'm not worried at all about the friction on the bench for 2 reasons: 1) this team is packed with proven veteran leaders who can keep it from being a problem, and 2) they responded by outscoring NYG 21-0 in the 2nd half and of course got the W.

The NFC landscape is taking an interesting shape with every team having 2+ losses except for Philly, and they aren't going 15-1 and still have to come to Seattle in Dec. Rodgers out, Palmer out, Elliott at some point should be out, Falcons lost 3 in a row, Vikings no QB, etc. The Rams are there at 5-2, but of course we already beat them at their house. I'm still looking at 12-4.
The team is playing 500 on the road and is undefeated at home presently. You are on track.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be bad:

Justin Britt's ankle injury is another potential setback for Seahawks' O-line

Pocic did fine in limited action at center yesterday, but losing Britt for the game next week would take what little flexibility the Hawks had on the offensive line and throw it out the window.
Definitely something to monitor through the week. I suspect we'll be getting frequent updates from the media. Sorta sounds to me like PC wants to stick Pocic in there at LG now, so this would definitely foul up those plans if Britt can't play on Sunday. Fingers crossed.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be bad:

Justin Britt's ankle injury is another potential setback for Seahawks' O-line

Pocic did fine in limited action at center yesterday, but losing Britt for the game next week would take what little flexibility the Hawks had on the offensive line and throw it out the window.
Definitely something to monitor through the week. I suspect we'll be getting frequent updates from the media. Sorta sounds to me like PC wants to stick Pocic in there at LG now, so this would definitely foul up those plans if Britt can't play on Sunday. Fingers crossed.
Ouch, like you say, keep the fingers crossed. Some pretty good pass rushers coming in. These guys need to really step it up and soon. They also need the running backs to help pass block, I think.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a strong feeling Britt will play even if his Ankle hurts badly. Dude is just a tough SOB. Only thing i think that keeps him out of the game is if the coaching staff feels it would be dangerous to play him. Pocic looked fine but a week of work will be needed for him that is sure. He was snapping the ball a little late causing false starts, nothing that a little time practicing there wont fix. Remember he was practicing at LG all week and has been practicing at RG and RT also so not much time at center was left.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised to see him AND Fitzgerald retire after the season...

Agreed. Fitz pretty much stated this was his last season and I think you're right about Palmer calling it.