• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #6 San Francisco 49ers @ NE Patriots 10/25/2020 4:25 PM CBS

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy G and the 49ers will be in town for this Sunday's game.

Patriots supposedly will practice Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Walk through Saturday.

Let's hope that there are no new Covid cases. If I was BB, I wouldn't test anyone until Saturday. Let the chips fall where they may.

49ers are 3-3 With losses to the Cardinals, Eagles and Dolphins and Wins over the Jets, Giants and Rams. Looks like this game is clash between
two sub par teams.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this comes down to which team can blow it less. Well seeing as the 9ers are a San Fran based team I think they are apt to blow it more. I also can't see BB putting together back to back crappy outings and this is a much needed win.

Pats 28
9ers 23

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Test everyone today. One positive and Gillette is shutdown until Friday for sanitizing.

No practice, just a walk through.

Ready to play on Sunday. You all believe that every team is testing every player?

I find it very hard to believe that 2000 men in their 20's are sitting home every night and aren't out looking for something to boink.

I do believe that teams are not reporting all positive cases.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Test everyone today. One positive and Gillette is shutdown until Friday for sanitizing.

Ready to play on Sunday. You all believe that every team is testing every player?

I find it very hard to believe that 2000 men in their 20's are sitting home every night and aren't out looking for something to boink.

Sorry but I have to completely disagree with the entirety of this post. Do you think ANY team wants to be the responsible party for canceling the remainder of the NFL season? Also, do you actually think the teams are in charge of Covid testing?

Count me in as one of those nutjobs that thinks Covid has been blown way out of proportion BUT there is no doubt that the NFL is taking it seriously and being incredibly political correct about it(short of canceling the season).

Perhaps you're correct and I'm way off base but that just seems insane to me that any team would risk the public onslaught by covering up positive tests.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If 16 teams aren't playing by the rules and are winning, and 16 teams are playing by the rules and losing... I'm happy to be losing.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but I have to completely disagree with the entirety of this post. Do you think ANY team wants to be the responsible party for canceling the remainder of the NFL season? Also, do you actually think the teams are in charge of Covid testing?

Count me in as one of those nutjobs that thinks Covid has been blown way out of proportion BUT there is no doubt that the NFL is taking it seriously and being incredibly political correct about it(short of canceling the season).

Perhaps you're correct and I'm way off base but that just seems insane to me that any team would risk the public onslaught by covering up positive tests.
I'm cynical and the Titans held practices with guys who were positive. No penalties.
The NFL changed the testing protocol three times. 14 days quarantine, then two negative tests two days apart, now two negative tests wo days in a row. Now players exposed to players who test positive can play as long as they test negative on Saturday.

Teams are not conducting the lab testing but they are controlling the testing. The Chiefs are so hell bent on winning that I believe tht they would expose the world if it gave them the 'w'. The Titans would too.

I think the league will do anything to get the mandated 256 network games played. My heart of hearts is telling me that more than one very sick player has been out on the field. I truly believe that the Patriots are strictly playing by the rules because BB's neck is stretched across the chopping block and Goodell would like nothing more than to separate that head from that body.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm cynical and the Titans held practices with guys who were positive. No penalties.
The NFL changed the testing protocol three times. 14 days quarantine, then two negative tests two days apart, now two negative tests wo days in a row. Now players exposed to players who test positive can play as long as they test negative on Saturday.

Teams are not conducting the lab testing but they are controlling the testing. The Chiefs are so hell bent on winning that I believe tht they would expose the world if it gave them the 'w'. The Titans would too.

I think the league will do anything to get the mandated 256 network games played. My heart of hearts is telling me that more than one very sick player has been out on the field. I truly believe that the Patriots are strictly playing by the rules because BB's neck is stretched across the chopping block and Goodell would like nothing more than to separate that head from that body.
I haven't learned a lot in life that I haven't seen contradicted, but the one thing that does stand out as learned and never contradicted: You can control what you can control and nothing else. You can't control what another team is willing to do just to win. You can, however, show your own players you'd rather they be safe and lose than win at any cost.

Personally, I want my team to win but not at any cost. It could be partially the "house money" from the past 20 years talking a bit, but I hope not. Add to it, I'm happy to watch every game of a team that's trying its best under trying conditions. The wins will feel good and the losses will be "Oh Well".

Maybe a ball got squeezed a bit, and maybe there was some over exuberance with the reconnaissance... but hell no to risking player safety under this non-competitive circumstance. The play on the field is risky enough.

Last edited:

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the offense doesnt show up this team is doomed
sorry but im 1 of the cam detractors He was let go by panthers for a reason
As for the covid excuses Titans survived it just fine beat Bills with 13 players missing and no practice
oline doesnt help but Cam just makes terrible decisions :suds:

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the offense doesnt show up this team is doomed
sorry but im 1 of the cam detractors He was let go by panthers for a reason
As for the covid excuses Titans survived it just fine beat Bills with 13 players missing and no practice
oline doesnt help but Cam just makes terrible decisions :suds:
I don't think the issue is about terrible decisions, it's about going brain-dead and sleep walking through whatever is called. You need to react to what's happening in front of you and can't just wish through it.

I been vocal about not over judging the issues caused by the lack of practice, but I've also seen plenty that just might indicate an issue that we won't get past. I was kinda hoping he'd play we enough to get some compensation when he leaves (either via a trade or the bonus draft pick). We'll have to hope he improves but stage freight at this point in a career is tough to unlearn.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One problem that Cam has that is rarely discussed.................."He's totally in love with the guy he sees in the mirror." I hate to say it, but Cam cares more about how he looks than what he does. Little things on the football field tend to upset an old style coach like me. I hate seeing a QB chewing gum. If he's trying to call out a signal and the gum moves, his brain will try to save the gum at the cost of the signal. It's just the way the brain works trying control a foreign body and not allowing it to harm the host. Little things mean a lot. Not having a mental alarm clock telling you to get rid of the ball after four seconds is a setting for disaster. Watching Cam try to make a PB&J sandwich when the opponent is blitzing makes me jump out of my chair and run around in circles. Cam's biggest problem is that cannot read a defense. When the Broncos brought up eight when Cam was in the shotgun, they blitzed a DB. It was simple and twice Cam missed it and gave up the ball one one clean hit. That was because he didn't recognize it it the second time. The third time, Burkhead picked up the blitzer but the LT couldn't stop the DE and Cam threw the INT. It's little stuff that a good QB can pick up but Cam doesn't or chooses to ignore because he thinks he can beat it.

Worst of all is that BB for some freakin' reason, will not put Stidham in. ""I"" think that Stidham would have beaten the Broncos easily. He reacts to the defense and has the arm to get the ball where it needs to go. Where the hell is Meyers? Did he get on the field once? I swear, I'd put him out there and sit Harry. Admit it Bill, pick a WR is not your forte. You passed on Metcalf and took N'Keal. Get over it, admit the mistake and move on. Harry is not smart enough to play in Josh's offense. He does not kow the difference between in and out or right and left.

'nuff said.......

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One problem that Cam has that is rarely discussed.................."He's totally in love with the guy he sees in the mirror." I hate to say it, but Cam cares more about how he looks than what he does. Little things on the football field tend to upset an old style coach like me. I hate seeing a QB chewing gum. If he's trying to call out a signal and the gum moves, his brain will try to save the gum at the cost of the signal. It's just the way the brain works trying control a foreign body and not allowing it to harm the host. Little things mean a lot. Not having a mental alarm clock telling you to get rid of the ball after four seconds is a setting for disaster. Watching Cam try to make a PB&J sandwich when the opponent is blitzing makes me jump out of my chair and run around in circles. Cam's biggest problem is that cannot read a defense. When the Broncos brought up eight when Cam was in the shotgun, they blitzed a DB. It was simple and twice Cam missed it and gave up the ball one one clean hit. That was because he didn't recognize it it the second time. The third time, Burkhead picked up the blitzer but the LT couldn't stop the DE and Cam threw the INT. It's little stuff that a good QB can pick up but Cam doesn't or chooses to ignore because he thinks he can beat it.

Worst of all is that BB for some freakin' reason, will not put Stidham in. ""I"" think that Stidham would have beaten the Broncos easily. He reacts to the defense and has the arm to get the ball where it needs to go. Where the hell is Meyers? Did he get on the field once? I swear, I'd put him out there and sit Harry. Admit it Bill, pick a WR is not your forte. You passed on Metcalf and took N'Keal. Get over it, admit the mistake and move on. Harry is not smart enough to play in Josh's offense. He does not kow the difference between in and out or right and left.

'nuff said.......
I'm not buying the "self love"... The rest of your comments may be accurate, but it's on BB to put the player most fit for the job on the field.

The "self love" perception could be an insecurity of Cam's. Tons of folks over compensate for insecurities with vane responses. It could also explain the brain freezes where he could be insecure about his own decision making and just locks up. The bravado and freak athleticism (as evidenced by making certain plays) could be masking the issue.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not buying the "self love"... The rest of your comments may be accurate, but it's on BB to put the player most fit for the job on the field.

The "self love" perception could be an insecurity of Cam's. Tons of folks over compensate for insecurities with vane responses. It could also explain the brain freezes where he could be insecure about his own decision making and just locks up. The bravado and freak athleticism (as evidenced by making certain plays) could be masking the issue.
That's exactly what I'm saying. The persona is an extension of his insecurity. Bright colored suits and hats scream for attention. He gets rewarded when his face and style is splashed all over the television screen. That same bravado is challenged on the football field because now Cam is exposed and he doesn't have the wild colors and outfits to compensate. The insecurity manifests itself when he's under pressure to be "The Wild Thing" and there is no bright colors or big hats to hide behind or under. It's only going to get worse going forward. My guess here is that someone on the Panthers recognized it a while back and no one wanted to believe it. Once Rivera was gone, so was cam.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly what I'm saying. The persona is an extension of his insecurity. Bright colored suits and hats scream for attention. He gets rewarded when his face and style is splashed all over the television screen. That same bravado is challenged on the football field because now Cam is exposed and he doesn't have the wild colors and outfits to compensate. The insecurity manifests itself when he's under pressure to be "The Wild Thing" and there is no bright colors or big hats to hide behind or under. It's only going to get worse going forward. My guess here is that someone on the Panthers recognized it a while back and no one wanted to believe it. Once Rivera was gone, so was cam.
But one is a hobby the other is his job. There are plenty of people insecure about their looks and confident about their abilities. I'm not discounting the possibility 100%, I just think people are generally way more complicated than "if they think I'm ugly, they'll think I suck at football.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But one is a hobby the other is his job. There are plenty of people insecure about their looks and confident about their abilities. I'm not discounting the possibility 100%, I just think people are generally way more complicated than "if they think I'm ugly, they'll think I suck at football.
The problem, I believe is that Cam loves all of the adoration and attention and thrives on it. ""I"" think he very insecure about his ability to quarterback a structured offense and when he gets under pressure, that insecurity becomes almost to much to bear. That insecurity turns off the mental clock and instead he starts "What the hell do I do now?" If he's in a closing pocket, it's like he freezes and doesn't use his ability to run. He certainly never can think, "Throw the freakin' thing away." It's all mental and much more complex than I make it. I simplify it for me and that way I can deal with it. I just have a hard time dealing with the end product.

Then again, ""I"" think the solution is simple. Sit his ass and let Stidham have a go at it from the start of a game. Don't wait until the team is down 14 and then put him in a pressure cooker.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem, I believe is that Cam loves all of the adoration and attention and thrives on it. ""I"" think he very insecure about his ability to quarterback a structured offense and when he gets under pressure, that insecurity becomes almost to much to bear. That insecurity turns off the mental clock and instead he starts "What the hell do I do now?" If he's in a closing pocket, it's like he freezes and doesn't use his ability to run. He certainly never can think, "Throw the freakin' thing away." It's all mental and much more complex than I make it. I simplify it for me and that way I can deal with it. I just have a hard time dealing with the end product.

Then again, ""I"" think the solution is simple. Sit his ass and let Stidham have a go at it from the start of a game. Don't wait until the team is down 14 and then put him in a pressure cooker.
but what you are recommending is creating a QB controversy which creates sharks in the media (not a BB concern), split reps in practice (what practice?) and great pressure on each candidate. Lesser coaches get fired for doing that though BB is at no risk for that.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FINALLY..............Some good news:

FOXBORO, Mass. — Reinforcements arrived Wednesday for the 2-3 New England Patriots.

Back on the practice field for the first time since their 18-12 loss to the Denver Broncos, the Patriots returned three players from injured reserve and three more from the reserve/COVID-19 list.

Center David Andrews, rookie linebacker Josh Uche and, perhaps most notably, defensive tackle Beau Allen all practiced Wednesday for the first time since landing on IR.

Andrews and Uche have missed the last three games. Allen, one of the Patriots’ earliest free agent signings this past spring, has yet to appear in a game for the Patriots and had been out of practice since the opening week of training camp.

Andrews, who reportedly underwent surgery to repair a broken thumb on his snapping hand, had that thumb heavily taped at practice.

New England now has 21 days to add Andrews, Uche and Allen to the 53-man roster. All three are eligible to play Sunday against the San Francisco 49ers if activated.

The Patriots also got guard Shaq Mason, defensive tackle Byron Cowart and outside linebacker Derek Rivers back from COVID reserve after all three were sidelined for Sunday’s loss to the Broncos.

Defensive tackle Carl Davis, whom New England signed off the Jacksonville Jaguars’ practice squad last week, made his Patriots practice debut.

More Patriots:

What Should We Make Of Bill Belichick’s Quote About Patriots’ N’Keal Harry?
Offensive line, D-tackle and linebacker have been positions of concern for the Patriots in recent weeks. Andrews and Mason are longtime O-line starters; Cowart started the first four games on defense before testing positive for the coronavirus; and the 327-pound Allen was viewed as a one-for-one replacement for top 2019 nose tackle Danny Shelton entering training camp.

Uche, a second-round pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, also provides upside and athleticism at the linebacker position. He was heavily involved in camp but has yet to make his NFL debut.

Running back James White, offensive tackle Jermaine Eluemunor and reserve center/guard James Ferentz were not spotted during the open media portion of practice.

Eluemunor left Sunday’s game with an ankle injury. Ferentz remains on the reserve/COVID-19 list along with running back Sony Michel, who also is on IR.

The reason for White’s absence was unclear. The veteran back has been New England’s top pass-catching over over the last two games, tallying 15 receptions on 17 targets for 103 yards in losses to the Kansas City Chiefs and Broncos.

This was New England’s first Wednesday practice since Sept. 30, the week of the Chiefs game. A series of positive COVID tests — beginning with quarterback Cam Newton’s on Oct. 2 — limited them to just one practice in each of the last two weeks.