• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 5: Lions at Vikings

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sun 1PM ET. Not sure what channel.

Chance for a win but this team has been bad on the road and now more injuries.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Battle of the NFC North bottom. Could get ugly for the Queens if they tank to the Lions. Patience with Zimmer could run thin without a win. The organization has spent a lot on facilities and players with little to show. Not quite to the level of the Lions organization in ineptitude. With Minnie thinking they have to trot out a dinged up Cook, it’s starting to look a little desperate. I’m always cheering for the Lions to win - especially against divisional rivals. It would be nice if they were playing for something greater than learning how to win as an organization. Oh well, expectations are tempered.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Battle of the NFC North bottom. Could get ugly for the Queens if they tank to the Lions. Patience with Zimmer could run thin without a win. The organization has spent a lot on facilities and players with little to show. Not quite to the level of the Lions organization in ineptitude. With Minnie thinking they have to trot out a dinged up Cook, it’s starting to look a little desperate. I’m always cheering for the Lions to win - especially against divisional rivals. It would be nice if they were playing for something greater than learning how to win as an organization. Oh well, expectations are tempered.

I doubt we can stop Cook regardless. Heck even Abdullah might torch us. Hopefully we can find a way to start playing as cohesive units at least.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I dreamed it, but I thought I read somewhere that Sewell wouldn't be playing either.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard on the radio that Goff leads the league in two categories. Things are looking up boys.

Too bad the categories are fumbles, and fumbles lost.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha.... I knew the Lions wouldn't give up the cellar in the NFC North.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt watch the game but saw the last 37 seconds. For a second time they only rushed 3 guys and let a team march down the field and kick a game winning FG.

Hopefully DC learns that they are fucking up and stops crying about shit. Lions should easily be 2-3 just because of coaching errors.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt watch the game but saw the last 37 seconds. For a second time they only rushed 3 guys and let a team march down the field and kick a game winning FG.

Hopefully DC learns that they are fucking up and stops crying about shit. Lions should easily be 2-3 just because of coaching errors.
He seems to be learning in other areas, so I assume he will figure this one out as well. A lot of the mistakes he made in calling in previous weeks he cleaned up this time. It is funny, he punted in a questionable area earlier in the quarter and trusted his defense to get the stop, and they came through by forcing a turnover. Why would he go back to this right after the defense had validated his trusting them one series earlier?

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's almost as if there's some team mandate, regardless of who the coach is, that requires them to fall into a "no pass rush" prevent defense in those situations. How many times have wee seen that movie?

Just once I'd like to see them try to play more straight up in that situation and try apply pressure instead. Even if they lose at least it would be a different.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's almost as if there's some team mandate, regardless of who the coach is, that requires them to fall into a "no pass rush" prevent defense in those situations. How many times have wee seen that movie?
The 2007-'08 Joe Barry playbook... I think it was dusted off in 2020.