• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #5 Denver Broncos vs NE Patriots 10/11/2020 4:25 PM

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, good.. wasn't trying to!!

He has potential and I am sure he is still trying to learn this complex offense in such a short time and thats not easy. But yesterday he just looked fat out clueless. Made rookie mistakes, held ball to long, didn't make right reads (ala Hoyer). So far other than nice runs he hasn't shown much worthy of him being re-signed imo.
He would have if he had made 1 more play in the Seattle game. And I'm not basing that on a W vs an L. He made good decisions, made good passes into tight windows, chose when to run vs pass, etc... And all we need to know can't be decided in a single game... but it's a start, and it's the stuff we need to start seeing consistently, otherwise this year is lost and it should be all Stid, all the time.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would have if he had made 1 more play in the Seattle game. And I'm not basing that on a W vs an L. He made good decisions, made good passes into tight windows, chose when to run vs pass, etc... And all we need to know can't be decided in a single game... but it's a start, and it's the stuff we need to start seeing consistently, otherwise this year is lost and it should be all Stid, all the time.

I'm not basing it off yesterday's game only.

The Seattle game he hesitated for a second and it cost them. But he wasn't trying to be "the hero" though and help the team so I'll give him a break for sure.

Plenty of time left in season so he can grow and kick ass

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team stunk it up with Hoyer and again yesterday with Cam. The reason they stunk it up with Hoyer may be the same as Cam, I don't know... I'm saying a good part of the reason yesterday was the lack of practice and lack of precision resulting from the lack of practice.

BB said as much and Cam wasn't going to be "caught" not taking responsibility.

Do you think the lack of practice had no impact? I assume you agree the impact was was somewhere between 1% and 99% of the reason for yesterday, but exactly how much is difficult. Cam has strengths and weaknesses and different than those of the guy he replaced. Could be the issues caused by lack of practice plays into his weaknesses. I'm not going to judge Cam based on Yesterday.
Since none of you will say it, I will.

The entire offense sucks. Simple as that. No excuses. It has hit the bottom.

1. Cam Newton cannot play in a structured offense. If it's not Read Option forget it. he proved it yesterday. He has no sense of peril whatsoever and took blind shots because he can't count to four. I know 13 year old girls who can throw a football with more accuracy.
2. Offensive line is in shambles. Thuney playing center and Wynn playing guard. back ups and practice squad.
3. No quality wide receivers. Edelman on the sidelines on a 3rd and 6. He had two weeks for his knee to rest and heal and he was limping yesterday. Harry can't be trusted because he cannot run a precise route. The final play o9f the game for the Patriots perfectly exposed Harry knowing he was in the wrong place. He cut in and not out and he is not fast enough to correct the mistake. He fell down in frustration. Damian Byrd is a one trick pony. Down and button hook back. No slants, No crossovers.. Zuber made a play designed just for him. Long drag route right to left and Cam was nearly intercepted.
4. The Tight ends might be able to make any other team in the NFL. Izzo is a blocker, not a reliable pass catcher. BB has that fully on his shoulders.
5. Running back can't run if there are no holes. When they have a sace they can do the job. Why did the Patriots stop running in the first quarter? Harris was getting four or five yards every carry. Running the ball beats the shit out of the defensive line and lets a QB like Cam get an extra 2 or 3 seconds to throw or run in the fourth quarter.

Trade deadline is November 3rd at 4:00 pm. Get off your ass Bill and buy some Flex Paste and Flex Seal.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since none of you will say it, I will.

The entire offense sucks. Simple as that. No excuses. It has hit the bottom.

1. Cam Newton cannot play in a structured offense. If it's not Read Option forget it. he proved it yesterday. He has no sense of peril whatsoever and took blind shots because he can't count to four. I know 13 year old girls who can throw a football with more accuracy.
2. Offensive line is in shambles. Thuney playing center and Wynn playing guard. back ups and practice squad.
3. No quality wide receivers. Edelman on the sidelines on a 3rd and 6. He had two weeks for his knee to rest and heal and he was limping yesterday. Harry can't be trusted because he cannot run a precise route. The final play o9f the game for the Patriots perfectly exposed Harry knowing he was in the wrong place. He cut in and not out and he is not fast enough to correct the mistake. He fell down in frustration. Damian Byrd is a one trick pony. Down and button hook back. No slants, No crossovers.. Zuber made a play designed just for him. Long drag route right to left and Cam was nearly intercepted.
4. The Tight ends might be able to make any other team in the NFL. Izzo is a blocker, not a reliable pass catcher. BB has that fully on his shoulders.
5. Running back can't run if there are no holes. When they have a sace they can do the job. Why did the Patriots stop running in the first quarter? Harris was getting four or five yards every carry. Running the ball beats the shit out of the defensive line and lets a QB like Cam get an extra 2 or 3 seconds to throw or run in the fourth quarter.

Trade deadline is November 3rd at 4:00 pm. Get off your ass Bill and buy some Flex Paste and Flex Seal.
I can't say it because I have not been able to watch each game. But base on highlights and stats it sure has the feel.

I agree with #3 I have often said BB should never draft a WR, and we need to get a WR coach that can asses talent.

#4 I would like to see what the rookies can do but if #1 is true then shit it wouldn't matter

# 5we got solid backs but because of #2 unless you have Barry Sanders those backs can only do so much.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all don't think it was based mostly on the fact that we had a makeshift OL that hadn't practiced in two weeks?

Is there a team that's been screwed harder than the Pats by Covid-19 so far this season? reminder that the Titans cheated and practiced when they weren't supposed to. The Pats didn't. Funny how nobody is talking about that.

I'm not jumping ship on them and saying "the entire offense sucks" but I do feel Covid will have an impact on this years playoff participants based on practice time and perhaps the Pats will not have enough time to get it together at this point.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all don't think it was based mostly on the fact that we had a makeshift OL that hadn't practiced in two weeks?

Is there a team that's been screwed harder than the Pats by Covid-19 so far this season? reminder that the Titans cheated and practiced when they weren't supposed to. The Pats didn't. Funny how nobody is talking about that.

I'm not jumping ship on them and saying "the entire offense sucks" but I do feel Covid will have an impact on this years playoff participants based on practice time and perhaps the Pats will not have enough time to get it together at this point.
I don't really care what the cause of it is, they suck and yeah the O line appears to be horrid mostly injury not COVID.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just injuries. It's also Covid. Cam didn't look 100% recovered. Gilmore looked god and I wonder if he was a false positive.
Shaq Mason from I've been told has it and is sick, high fever etc. If that's true, don't expect to see him much before week 9.

This where arrogance is going to hurt the Patriots. BB will go with the guys he has because these are the guys he selected to his 53 man roster. He's never bailed on players and that's arrogance or a soft spot. Either one is a deadly weakness.

There's been a rumor for the past week and I'm not going to post it. If it happens, it will be a big boost to the offense. Will it create a winner? I doubt it, but having this guy will be the difference between saying "Ah shit" and "Yeah, we got this" on fourth and three at the opponents 17 yard line in the fourth quarter.

The only good thing about this having to deal with a makeshift OL is that all of these guys are getting valuable playing time and experience. Next year, it will make a huge difference on how the OL takes shape and maybe gets some rest in blowouts. So far, I have zero complaints about either Owenue or Herron.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've seen wt Stidham did with no practice.
Cam sucked
The O-line was a mess
The offense sucked
Defense allowed a lot of chunk plays

Throw this one out and let's get back to practice.....