• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #4 NE Patriots vs Green Bay Packers Sunday October 2, 2022 4:25 PM EST

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the game again last night.

Two series really stood out.

4th Quarter with a 4th and 1 on the 43. It was actually about two feet. BB dec ides to become conservative and punts.

OT inside the 50 and two running plays are called and of course with a 3rd and 7 the Patriots put Zappe back to pass and the Packers know he's as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. They blitz and he throws it away.

It's apparent that the Patriots COULD, not should have won this game. Just like last week against Baltimore.

A very good comment was made on Sports Sunday. "For twenty years, the Patriots had the best 4th quarter QB in the history of the game. In the past couple of weeks they've played against two of the best 4th quarter QBs in the game today. Right now, the Patriots don't know what they have and are not willing to let Zappe show if he's a 4th quarter winner."

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean to his .430 record 1 playoff win in 9 seasons w/o Brady
Nice cherry picking. How about we remove some other outliers too, like the end of his last season in Cleveland (after the move was announced and the entire organization gave up).

Everyone has this expectation the BB needs to win every year to be considered a great coach.

Last edited:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice cherry picking. How about we remove some other outliers too, like the end of his last season in Cleveland (after the move was announced and the entire organization gave up).

Everyone has this expectation the BB needs to win every year to be considered a great coach.
9 seasons with 1 playoff win is cherry picking? ok

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 seasons with 1 playoff win is cherry picking? ok
1) Most franchises have down seasons after a franchise QB retires.
2) 1 Playoff win in two playoff games is the definition of expected
3) His first Pats year was clearly a rebuilding year and so were the first couple in Cleveland

So yeah that's cherry picking.

Why does every clown think winning every game is expected. I don't know, maybe it's also expected that only one team is trying to win?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HC & QB combos that win several SB are rare, and it usually applies. BB & Brady was great combo, who drafted Brady? Helluva run.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Most franchises have down seasons after a franchise QB retires.
2) 1 Playoff win in two playoff games is the definition of expected
3) His first Pats year was clearly a rebuilding year and so were the first couple in Cleveland

So yeah that's cherry picking.

Why does every clown think winning every game is expected. I don't know, maybe it's also expected that only one team is trying to win?
Clown? what your fucking mouth I have been through it all with the Pats 30 down years but fun years esp with Grogran, Francis, Cunningham, Hannah , Tippet etc. Guy sucked in Cleveland who was a decent team with Kosar and was going to playoff games. Comes back to NE as HC with the highest paid QB at the time, Bledsoe who already took them to a SB and goes 5-13 before the hit on Drew. Then Brady is out in 08 and he cant beat the AFCE teams and misses playoffs. Kinda forces Brady out by not giving him a measly 2 yr 50 mill Contract, and this is after he wanted the Brittle Jimmy G who was injured after 6 Q's here, Kraft puts his foot down, and 3 more SB's. Then misses playoffs first year TB is out, spends a record 170 mill in FA to bring bums in with the exception of Judon, finally gets into a playoff to lose by 30 points. If I said only his time here, or in NE that would be cherry picking, so why don\t you look up the word , I gave a huge sample size , guy is below avg w/0 Brady. Rex Ryan has a better record than him with bums like Sanchez. 6-3 in playoffs with 2 AFCG's, this guy cant sniff playoffs

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clown? what your fucking mouth I have been through it all with the Pats 30 down years but fun years esp with Grogran, Francis, Cunningham, Hannah , Tippet etc. Guy sucked in Cleveland who was a decent team with Kosar and was going to playoff games. Comes back to NE as HC with the highest paid QB at the time, Bledsoe who already took them to a SB and goes 5-13 before the hit on Drew. Then Brady is out in 08 and he cant beat the AFCE teams and misses playoffs. Kinda forces Brady out by not giving him a measly 2 yr 50 mill Contract, and this is after he wanted the Brittle Jimmy G who was injured after 6 Q's here, Kraft puts his foot down, and 3 more SB's. Then misses playoffs first year TB is out, spends a record 170 mill in FA to bring bums in with the exception of Judon, finally gets into a playoff to lose by 30 points. If I said only his time here, or in NE that would be cherry picking, so why don\t you look up the word , I gave a huge sample size , guy is below avg w/0 Brady. Rex Ryan has a better record than him with bums like Sanchez. 6-3 in playoffs with 2 AFCG's, this guy cant sniff playoffs
I'm only going to grab one thing here because your troll rant is just too long. Anyone watching objectively in 2000 could see Bledsoe was the problem. He was fine in his early years until he decided he was a leader and all downhill from there. He was rogue, he "improvised" whenever he felt like it and not Lamar Jackson type improvs. No coach can work with that when it's failing the way it was for Bledsoe.

As far as your conclusion, he's only average without Brady, the league is designed to cause mediocrity. Yes Brady was a key reason for him to be over the top for so long, but Brady didn't play every position. But make no mistake, Belichick put Brady over the top too.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HC & QB combos that win several SB are rare, and it usually applies. BB & Brady was great combo, who drafted Brady? Helluva run.
Head coaches that won Super Bowls with multiple QB's... the list is short.

Bill Parcells
Super Bowl XXI - Phil Simms
Super Bowl XXV - Jeff Hostetler.
Hostetler was Simms 7 year backup until he went down late in the season. Simms probably would have won if not injured. That was Bill Belichicks HOF Defensive game plan game.

George Siefert
Super Bowl XXIV - Montana
Super Bowl XXIX - Young
Siefert inherited the XXIV team from Walsh, that team was going to win regardless who was coaching. Young was even on that team. XXIX probably would not have been won if Jimmy Johnson and Jerry Jones had stayed married.

Joe Gibbs
Super Bowl XVII - Theisman
Super Bowl XXII - Williams
Super Bowl XXVI - Rypian
Gibbs truly coached each QB to a Super Bowl win on each of there own merits. In my opinion.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Robert Kraft.
Because he does not run his shop like Jerry Jones being one of the reasons.
"i'm remembering a qoute by a very good trainer when asked why his horse had such unparrelled success.....

the horse had a "very good owner"

The implication that could not directly be stated on TV -

The owner footed the bills and stayed out of the way and let the trainer make decisions....."

(quoting myself from a very old post)