• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game 4 - Lions at Bears

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have cut him. He is lost and just does not belong in the NFL except for a practice squad.

Maybe Patricia will want him seems as though he's working in the Personnel Department for Hoodie.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yes to that pick, him or the Oregon kid!

I've been more impressed by Michigan Edge Rusher, Aidan Hutchinson, than I have with Thibodeaux - Oregon Edge Rusher

The one area with Hutchinson I have concerns with is lateral speed and agility and ability to turn on a dime while changing directions and chasing down from the backside. You cannot deny his motor though. He can run the arc and get after a QB or a RB. He has played lights out this year, imo.

Love Notre Dame S Hamilton and @Mebert off-ball LB, Devin Lloyd too.

Watch out for Bama Mike LB, Henry To'O To'O. He's a transfer from Tennessee who's played above expectations to date and has some coverage skills to boot. He's not a refined prospect yet but he's had a LOT of growth already. He shouldn't be in either of 1st two rounds and more than likely a day 3 pick but who knows, it's early

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TO'O TO'O

He's on the light side for a Mike, but he's only 4 lbs. lighter than Christian Harris (who many had as the 1st off-ball LB coming off the board in this next draft - until TheDraftNetwork did their work on Lloyd) - and the kid is extremely smart and rarely makes mistakes

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the following from the above article
their words

I really, really like the trajectory of Utah linebacker Devin Lloyd at this point in the season. So much so that I’d go out on a limb and say he’s probably not just my favorite 2022 linebacker prospect, but that I think he may well end up having the most impressive resume to finish as the top linebacker prospect for this upcoming spring.

I thought this was going to be a hot take until I sat down to write out my thoughts and saw that ESPN’s Mel Kiper Jr. recently declared the same thing on his latest 2022 Big Board update, so instead I’ll simply chalk this up as affirmation for what I’ve seen thus far this season: Lloyd is playing at a tremendous level and is a force to be reckoned with on the Utes defense thus far in 2021.

Lloyd is a listed 6-foot-3, 235-pound linebacker who is a third-year starter for the Utes.

He’s already on the Senior Bowl’s radar as their highest-graded defensive prospect out west, according to executive director Jim Nagy.

As a spoiler, the only Pac-12 (or West Coast) defensive prospect to score higher than Lloyd in The Draft Network’s upcoming updated TDN100 list of the top-100 prospects in all the land is Oregon defensive end Kayvon Thibodeaux—so the stance Nagy and his event are taking on Lloyd falls directly in line with how TDN feels about him collectively as well.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JRM probably should play a hybrid S/LB role. He is too small to be a LB and does not possess good enough overall coverage skills to be a S. Maybe put him on the TE or RB. McNeil is the only DL that was worth his salt yesterday.

LaVonte David was much smaller than JRM when he came into the league, so size there just doesn't measure up, imo.
JRM simply doesn't have it to be a starting LB in this league - an emergency replacement player at the LB spot is about as far as you can go with him. Imo.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a confusing yet almost unbelievable stat
not the use of J. Williams in short-yardage. it's all those passes in short-yardage as it reminds me of Linehan/Stafford

Detroit’s aggressive approach to fourth downs have been confounded by their insistence on passing the ball in short-yardage situations. The Lions have faced 22 third or fourth downs with three yards or fewer to go. In those 22 plays, the Lions have:

• Called 17 pass plays — and converted just six times (35.3% conversions)
  • Called five rushing plays — and converted four times (80% conversions)
(You can see the results of all 22 short-yardage situations here)

And of those five rushing plays, the Lions called on Jamaal Williams for four of them. On Monday, Campbell admitted that Williams has been running really well this season, and that the team will also be re-evaluating using him more in short-yardage situation.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not the use of J. Williams in short-yardage. it's all those passes in short-yardage as it reminds me of Linehan/Stafford

Detroit’s aggressive approach to fourth downs have been confounded by their insistence on passing the ball in short-yardage situations. The Lions have faced 22 third or fourth downs with three yards or fewer to go. In those 22 plays, the Lions have:

And of those five rushing plays, the Lions called on Jamaal Williams for four of them. On Monday, Campbell admitted that Williams has been running really well this season, and that the team will also be re-evaluating using him more in short-yardage situation.

Really wish they would. Although now that Ragnow is less than 100% it might not work.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ragnow to IR, Pretty soon we will have the #1 pick locked up!

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How about Martz/Kitna with the RB's running into a pile and waiting until they got tackled instead of bouncing out for yardage?
Or Calvin Johnson running crossing routes and taking two or three 49ers defenders to the ball carrier when he could only block one of them?
Or Stafford getting a hammy against the Titans and the Backup makes the game possible to win in OT (try and draw the defense off sides for a first down) only for Dominic Raiola to snap the ball to kill any chance of Shaun Hill from becoming a hero.

Instead of scratching your head and wondering how the Lions can be such bones heads, it's a lot more delightful trying to spot where the Lions are trying to lose.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Martz/Kitna with the RB's running into a pile and waiting until they got tackled instead of bouncing out for yardage?
Or Calvin Johnson running crossing routes and taking two or three 49ers defenders to the ball carrier when he could only block one of them?
Or Stafford getting a hammy against the Titans and the Backup makes the game possible to win in OT (try and draw the defense off sides for a first down) only for Dominic Raiola to snap the ball to kill any chance of Shaun Hill from becoming a hero.

Instead of scratching your head and wondering how the Lions can be such bones heads, it's a lot more delightful trying to spot where the Lions are trying to lose.

You're no fun and neither is reality

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reality depends on what actually happens. It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see.

Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles would completely disagree with you.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles would completely disagree with you.
Pure speculation, neither one of them are Lions fans. It's your prerogative in thinking the Lions suck when they don't get blown out in so many games, but rather lose mostly by a one score game to keep the ticket sales going. It's odd that the schedule fillers really never have the personnel against the power houses. But they do throw games on blatant calls.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lions still sit 30th overall for the season in QB Rating allowed to opposing passers. The 110.9 cumulative rating is ahead of only the Colts (124.9) and Jaguars (115.5) through five games. But Detroit’s awful ranking is weighted heavily by the dreadful first two weeks.

Over the last three weeks, the Lions have allowed a QB Rating of 87.0 to the Ravens, Bears and Vikings. That’s the 11th-best QB Rating allowed in that timeframe and well below the league average of 99.7 in those three weeks.

The Lions are sixth overall on the season in sack percentage and seventh in the last three weeks. Inserting speedier Jalen Reeves-Maybin into the lineup at LB has worked well, and safety Tracy Walker’s strong performance in coverage certainly helps too.