• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 2 vs Chargers

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 2 snap count observations: Is Jamal Agnew’s job in jeopardy?

Again, the Lions decided to rotate Kenny Wiggins in for Joe Dahl and Graham Glasgow. Last week, head coach Matt Patricia said this was part of the game plan, so this may be something we need to get used to, even if it is pretty unconventional.

BB_72- I hope this trend ends after the bye week. It makes me question if BQ will extend Glasgow by MP having those 3 rotate at the RG/LG. If BQ doesn't extend Glasgow that will pretty much end it for me. Decker injured again and Crosby with multiple concussions in college and now during pre-season and not showing much progress (I discount last weeks play (help from TE/FB/RB) until it becomes consistent better than average play), Wagner having not panned out to date as expected. We could possibly be looking for two OT's next year and an OG.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

• The person who saw the biggest drop in playing time was Jamal Agnew, who went from playing 21 defensive snaps in Week 1 to exactly zero. Combine that with him getting pulled from special teams after another fumble, and you have to wonder if Agnew could be a game day inactive if the issues continue. The Lions have capable special teamers in Ty Johnson, J.D. McKissic and Danny Amendola, and if Agnew isn’t as valuable on defense anymore with Justin Coleman at nickel, you have to wonder how important Agnew is to this team anymore.
Patricia still has his back publicly, though.

“I believe in him. I think, just in the moment thought that I had to make a decision there, but that’s just in that moment for this game,” the head coach said.

We’ll see if he continues to show that support next week.

• Third-round safety Will Harris is slowly working his way into the game plan. He jumped from 17 percent of snaps last week to 24 this week. It says a lot that they trust him over veteran Tavon Wilson at this point.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions injury report: Eagles still hurting on offense

The Detroit Lions injury report had some minor changes on it from Wednesday to Thursday. Reserve safety C.J. Moore was downgraded to no participation after popping up on the injury report earlier in the week with a heel injury. Moore has played in 53 special team snaps through two weeks, so if he misses this Sunday’s game against the Eagles, the Lions will have to find an adequate replacement.

Additionally, Rashaan Melvin is back on the injury report, presumably with the same knee injury that has been nagging him since the beginning of the season. Melvin hasn’t missed a game yet this year, and he currently leads the NFL with five passes defended.

Meanwhile, Taylor Decker, Jarrad Davis and Da’Shawn Hand all remain limited in practice. Both Decker and Davis appear to be on track of potentially returning this week, but Hand, now back in an arm brace, appears to be a little further off.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

• The person who saw the biggest drop in playing time was Jamal Agnew, who went from playing 21 defensive snaps in Week 1 to exactly zero. Combine that with him getting pulled from special teams after another fumble, and you have to wonder if Agnew could be a game day inactive if the issues continue. The Lions have capable special teamers in Ty Johnson, J.D. McKissic and Danny Amendola, and if Agnew isn’t as valuable on defense anymore with Justin Coleman at nickel, you have to wonder how important Agnew is to this team anymore.
Patricia still has his back publicly, though.

“I believe in him. I think, just in the moment thought that I had to make a decision there, but that’s just in that moment for this game,” the head coach said.

We’ll see if he continues to show that support next week.

• Third-round safety Will Harris is slowly working his way into the game plan. He jumped from 17 percent of snaps last week to 24 this week. It says a lot that they trust him over veteran Tavon Wilson at this point.

We are stacked at safety. Although Diggs has been a little off so far surprisingly. Agnew probably is not needed at this point. Coleman slides to CB when needed and Ford has been OK.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although Diggs has been a little off so far surprisingly

Diggs has never been great or even above average in coverage. He's usually very good at bringing down the player he's responsible for without much yac.