• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 2: Lions vs Commanders

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Against Wash in the first half it seemed like Hutch was in the backfield every play. Causing Wentz to get happy feet and throw the ball off location if he got rid of it. In the second half with a Hutch that was basically a decoy, there was no pass rush and Wentz like most NFL QBs with time will pick you apart.

It's two-fold in that Hutch was injured and the Commanders made proper adjustments at halftime.

I wouldn't discount Charles Harris' ability as it's early in the season. I don't envision Harris as being some juggernaut that opponents have to fear or strictly game plan for, but until a better-quality pass rusher and edge defender comes along that's what were up against temporarily. Neither Hutch nor Harris was great at contain and sealing the edge whether it was during the first or second half.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point NFL offenses will recognize that Detroit has Hutch and nothing else on the DLine. They will figure out a plan to slow Hutch down and then the D will really get picked apart. I made a joke about us having half a defense after the Philly game, but after the Wash game I think it is Hutch and can anybody help Hutch.

Lots of injuries to players on that D-Line that we're not sure whether they'll help in the future or not. This rebuild will be going on well into the 2024 season and especially if Goff isn't retained and we have to give up a lot of draft capital to acquire a rookie QB in the next draft. That last part could very well interrupt adding to the defense in the future.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a good thing that I never once witnessed Stafford do nearly the same during his 13-year career and was given credit.
Stafford did do it all of the time. Stafford's comes from overconfidence because he was so talented. Goff is a system QB that can't afford mistakes like that