• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 2: Lions vs Commanders

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same as last week. 1PM ET on Fox.

Almost a must win already. Schedule gets harder as the season progresses so cant start 0-2 at home.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Armani, Ragnow, Swift, Jonah Jackson are all hurt.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ragnow out.

I see a low scoring L. 17-19 or something dumb like that. Hope I’m wrong.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Lions DB need to hit the fugs machine for 50 reps each player for the next month.

Walker, M. Hughes and D. Elliot all should have had an Int.

Last year Walker should've had 7 but ended up with one and that was the very last game and near the end of that game.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Johnson and Aaron Glenn took their foot off the gas pedal coming out for the 2nd half. The O-Line couldn't block worth a damn, the D-Line wasn't getting any pressure on Wentz and nowhere near the blitz packages coming from the LB in the 2nd half.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff and Hock need to get their act together. Hock and his drops and Goff and his inaccuracy whether it's short, intermediate or deep (20+yards) passes.

Goff had Reynolds, Chark and AR-SB open but missed long on each - not to mention Goff zeroed in on AR-SB (he had tight coverage) early 3rd quarter on an intermediate out route to the right sideline when Josh Reynolds was coming across from right to left out of the the slot and was wide open. That was their 2nd 3 and out starting the 2nd half.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to see Campbell going for it on 4th down at the 3 when your only up by 3-0 (their 3rd series of the opening half). Those ballsy calls are going to come back to haunt him and cost them games at some point. It was the miss to Chark in the end zone.

I don't think it matters that Washington was o for 2 in their first two series opening the game - Kick the fucking FG and get the 3. I know it didn't hurt them, but at some point, Campbell is going to do exactly that again and it'll come back to haunt him.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Johnson and Aaron Glenn took their foot off the gas pedal coming out for the 2nd half. The O-Line couldn't block worth a damn, the D-Line wasn't getting any pressure on Wentz and nowhere near the blitz packages coming from the LB in the 2nd half.
Oline is understandable. Lions began the game down 3 starters. The interior of the line is destroyed.

Dline generated decent pressure I think.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff and Hock need to get their act together. Hock and his drops and Goff and his inaccuracy whether it's short, intermediate or deep (20+yards) passes.

Goff had Reynolds, Chark and AR-SB open but missed long on each - not to mention Goff zeroed in on AR-SB (he had tight coverage) early 3rd quarter on an intermediate out route to the right sideline when Josh Reynolds was coming across from right to left out of the the slot and was wide open. That was their 2nd 3 and out starting the 2nd half.
Goff accuracy is a massive concern. A lot of yards/points got left out there with his misfires.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Game and 3 quarters before they finally get going. Goff still missing deep and makes a questionable throw or 2 every game. Still scoring 35+ a game though.

Defense went to zone in second half. Big mistake. Let them try to beat what we were doing in the first half. 3 TD lead you can afford to let someone get behind you. Let them prove they can beat that defense that worked perfect in the first half.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to see Campbell going for it on 4th down at the 3 when your only up by 3-0 (their 3rd series of the opening half). Those ballsy calls are going to come back to haunt him and cost them games at some point. It was the miss to Chark in the end zone.

I don't think it matters that Washington was o for 2 in their first two series opening the game - Kick the fucking FG and get the 3. I know it didn't hurt them, but at some point, Campbell is going to do exactly that again and it'll come back to haunt him.
Normally I would agree but Seibert sucks and can not be depended on.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense went to zone in second half. Big mistake. Let them try to beat what we were doing in the first half. 3 TD lead you can afford to let someone get behind you. Let them prove they can beat that defense that worked perfect in the first half.

Yep, zone defense did hurt, but Okudah went out for quite a few plays due to cramps just like last week. Harris playing for Amani hurts every which way you can think of. He gave up multiple deep routes - AGAIN. - but he surprisingly grabbed the tipped pass deep for an Int.

D-Line wasn't nearly effective creating pressure and collapsing the pocket in the 2nd half as they were in the 1st half. Hell, Wentz nearly had a lesser version of impersonating Hurts in the 2nd half. Missed tackles by Rodrig, Anzalone, Board, Elliot and Walker didn't help.

Hutch was done at the end of the first half with that upper right leg injury. he was merely a body present in the 2nd half.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally I would agree but Seibert sucks and cannot be depended on.

I know you hate Seibert, but he hasn't done anything wrong - yet.

They were at the 3-yard line. It's like hitting the old version of the extra point try.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oline is understandable. Lions began the game down 3 starters. The interior of the line is destroyed.

I'm well aware of who started at iOL positions.

I watched the entire game.

Skipper played well after giving up the sack on the very first series as did Brown play well.

Stenberg has a very steep learning curve in pass-pro and he shouldn't be playing RG. He started all 39 CFB games at LG. He hasn't proven he candle the switch to RG, but they are limited in choices.

The entire O-Line needs time to build some cohesion and chemistry.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vaitai had back surgery Monday, September 12th, and BH/DC didn't state whether he'll be back this year.

Also, they didn't go into details on what type of back surgery or what portion of the back he injured.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm well aware of who started at iOL positions.

I watched the entire game.

Skipper played well after giving up the sack on the very first series as did Brown play well.

Stenberg has a very steep learning curve in pass-pro and he shouldn't be playing RG. He started all 39 CFB games at LG. He hasn't proven he candle the switch to RG, but they are limited in choices.

The entire O-Line needs time to build some cohesion and chemistry.
I love me some Dan Skipper. No way should he have sent to the PS. Way too valuable and better than Nelson. Luckily no team snatched him up. Gonna need the starters versus the Vikings defense next week or we can count it as a loss.

On defense we should put Harris in nan coverage with a safety over the top shaded. He cant defend the deep routes.