• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 17 (Final game): Lions vs Packers

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're the one crying for a Defensive End.

Not once have I been crying for a Defensive End.

You might want to familiarize yourself with how the team's defense in run by scheme.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd question on how or even if he is a fit for this defense.

I like the player and what he has showed as far as his skillset on the field.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Campbell will need to exercise better thought and execution next year when attempting 4th down conversions, imo.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Penei SewellRT81.9 (at RT)6 / 44

DI ALIM MCNEILL, DETROIT LIONS

There is no obvious candidate for the second interior defender spot, but McNeill earns the nod as PFF’s second-highest graded rookie at the position with a 60.3 overall grade.

McNeill earned the second-highest PFF run-defense grade of any rookie interior defender to play at least 100 run-defense snaps, and he flashed some of the quickness that gave him intriguing pass-rush potential coming out of North Carolina State.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When D’Andre Swift caught the second of his four passes on Sunday, it pushed the running back over the 60 reception mark. He joined WR Amon-Ra St. Brown (82) and TE T.J. Hockenson (61) in topping 60 catches. It’s the first time in franchise history the Lions have ever had a WR, TE and RB hit at least 60 catches. Keep in mind Hockenson and Swift each played in just 12 games, too.

St. Brown also made some history on his own. He became just the third rookie WR in NFL history to net at least 90 receiving yards and a touchdown catch in three straight games. You’ve probably heard of the other two who’ve done it: Odell Beckham Jr. and Randy Moss.

Another Lions receiver etched his name in the history books with his passing. Tom Kennedy set the team record for the longest touchdown pass thrown by a wide receiver. His 75-yard TD strike to Kalif Raymond is the second-longest pass by any NFL wide receiver in the last 40 years.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Detroit’s 47 were 13 more than the 2020 Lions committed, though they did play one extra game in 2021.

For the season, rookie right tackle Penei Sewell led the Lions with five, all of them false starts. Tight end T.J. Hockenson and left tackle Taylor Decker had four false starts apiece.

On the positive front, the Lions were better overall in penalties. Detroit was flagged for 105 total accepted penalties, 18th in the league. Between penalties assessed to the Lions and the opponent, Detroit had a net penalty yardage differential of minus-6, 16th in the league. No team was closer to even on penalty yardage differential than the Lions.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, how is it that you're incapable of comprehension.
You clearly stated, "I was crying for a Defensive End".
You're the one crying for a Defensive End. Me

Not once have I been crying for a Defensive End.

You might want to familiarize yourself with how the team's defense in run by scheme.

Pretty sure it was you crying for a Pass Rusher on the EDGE.

Now, you back-peddle in this post using the term "Pass Rusher on the edge" because you partially realize your mistake while not admitting to it. A Defensive End and a Pass Rusher on the Edge are two completely different positions within the Lions 3-4 "Base Defense". I told you previously you were unaware of the defensive alignment and how players were used and at what positions. The Lions Defensive Ends in 2021 were, Brockers, Williams, Hand, Strong, Onwuzirike, Heath, etc. Not one of those players are similar to players like Thibideaux or Hutchinson.

See the source image

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden example of being on the EDGE

A Golden piece of shit of a human being that enjoyed beating, r**ing under-age girls, but yeah, he was a football player that primarily excelled on the field and NOT only on the edge. He played Mike, Will, Sam, Jack, but you obviously knew that, right ?

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, how is it that you're incapable of comprehension.
You clearly stated, "I was crying for a Defensive End".

Now, you back-peddle in this post using the term "Pass Rusher on the edge" because you partially realize your mistake while not admitting to it. A Defensive End and a Pass Rusher on the Edge are two completely different positions within the Lions 3-4 "Base Defense". I told you previously you were unaware of the defensive alignment and how players were used and at what positions. The Lions Defensive Ends in 2021 were, Brockers, Williams, Hand, Strong, Onwuzirike, Heath, etc. Not one of those players are similar to players like Thibideaux or Hutchinson.
I'm seeing more and more places where DE's are listed as EDGE. Yeah even for peeps you call DE's. Until you open their profiles and look you don't know if their DE's, OLB's or both. And I still stand by Defensive End!!!