• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game 11 (T-Day) Lions vs Bears

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much new this week. Goff is still nothing more than a backup. Will Harris sucks at multiple positions now. Play calling on both sides looks amateurish. Defense is going to be decent though in the future. Offense wont change until we get a decent QB.
We have astrong oline, although it was a real bad week for penalties, and good RBs. Lions need to add a game managing qb for the short term while they add receivers.

Bryce Ypund or CJ Stroud are both way better than any qb we could get this year, and we will be picking top 5 again.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff is still nothing more than a backup.
Offense wont change until we get a decent QB.
Goff has a new HC, OC, Playbook and Kalif Raymond, T.J. Hockenson and Amon-Ra St. Brown are the only three that have played in all 11 games. I bet you could say the same about Tom Brady if he were at the helm of this offense. I'm not saying Goff is an elite QB in any way, shape, or form but I do believe your putting to much on Goff's shoulders.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff has a new HC, OC, Playbook and Kalif Raymond, T.J. Hockenson and Amon-Ra St. Brown are the only three that have played in all 11 games. I bet you could say the same about Tom Brady if he were at the helm of this offense. I'm not saying Goff is an elite QB in any way, shape, or form but I do believe your putting to much on Goff's shoulders.
Goffs issues are the exact same as they had been when he was on the Rams, only magnified by way less talent.

The only thing that changed with Goff is a team isn't propping him up anymore.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goffs issues are the exact same as they had been when he was on the Rams, only magnified by way less talent.
The Rams rushing game declined? Sorry, but Goff isn't working with the same receiving core day-in and day-out as he did with the Rams. That's not Goff's fault.
The only thing that changed with Goff is a team isn't propping him up anymore.
That he hasn't won a game without Sean McVay?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams rushing game declined? Sorry, but Goff isn't working with the same receiving core day-in and day-out as he did with the Rams. That's not Goff's fault.

That he hasn't won a game without Sean McVay?
Goff is not at fault for the Lions WR's, but that just highlights his many issues, not causes them. He is an extremely flawed QB, there is a reason when he had good receivers they could still not use the complete playbook.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff is not at fault for the Lions WR's, but that just highlights his many issues, not causes them.
The Lions have the league's worst and most inexperienced receiving corps, along with learning a new playbook. Coaching and the Offensive Line should be at the top of the list.
He is an extremely flawed QB, there is a reason when he had good receivers they could still not use the complete playbook.
It was good enough to get to a Super Bowl. So, Goff has never had to be the leader at the helm like he does now. He was at one time ranked 9th and 11th in the deep passes completed. Maybe he'll never get there again.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions have the league's worst and most inexperienced receiving corps, along with learning a new playbook. Coaching and the Offensive Line should be at the top of the list.

It was good enough to get to a Super Bowl. So, Goff has never had to be the leader at the helm like he does now. He was at one time ranked 9th and 11th in the deep passes completed. Maybe he'll never get there again.
Dude cant even throw a tight spiral. Not worth anywhere near what he is getting paid.

Comparing him to Brady is like comparing dog crap to caviar.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You mean the year they had an elite defense, averaged 5 yards a run, and made it to the Superbowl?....where the defense only allowed 13 points, but the Goff run offense scored 3?

What is being said about Goff this year is not new. It has been the consensus about him for years, nothing about him has changed, all his flaws are the exact same.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the year they had an elite defense, averaged 5 yards a run,
An elite defense? You're talking about 2020, not 2018!!
and made it to the Superbowl?.... where the defense only allowed 13 points, but the Goff run offense scored 3?
Without a run game... the 7th ranked Patriots defense shut Gurley down. BTW, the Rams defense was ranked 20th in 2018.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, still holding out they will win a championship in my lifetime.
Hope your 9 or 10 and able to out live the Ford Family ownership. Because as long as the Lions Fans with blinders keep supporting INEPTNESS the Ford Family can keep selling the Honolulu Blue Kool-Aid without ever building a Championship Team.

Last edited:

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it realistic to think we will do better than 0-16-1 this year?
They keep going out there and trying, this is the time of the season other teams/players stop trying. They could definitely win a game or two on sheer luck.

But I really hope not. I like the symmetry of going 0-16 before and after Stafford. The tie almost makes it better.

fritowrdo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope your 9 or 10 and able to out live the Ford Family ownership. Because as long as the Lions Fans with blinders keep supporting INEPTNESS the Ford Family can keep selling the Honolulu Blue Kool-Aid without ever building a Championship Team.

I'm past the half way mark in life so.......