• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 1: Lions vs Eagles

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We open at home 3 of 4. All games 1PM ET on Fox. Hopefully can win 3 of first 4 games somehow. 2-2 at worst or we are in for another long season.

Vaitai already out these games too. I think all the remaining starters are healthy though. Will need to run a lot to keep our defense off the field.

Any expectations?

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure. The Iggles gave us our worst thumping last year. I hope they are up for some revenge.

I expect the defense to struggle early in the season.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure. The Iggles gave us our worst thumping last year. I hope they are up for some revenge.

Unless Lions learned some qb contain I expect more of the same

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hopefully the injuries are kept to a minimum on that side. We are not very deep on D. It will go south in a hurry.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expecting an L. Hope I’m wrong.

Far as the season goes, I think Goff has a surprisingly good year, good enough that there will be a mild debate about whether they still need to draft a QB early next year.

I have a feeling Swift will disappoint, never living up to the hype, and they we will be in the RB market again here sooner than later. Hope I’m wrong.

I think the WR’s have a pretty good year.

I’m expecting Hutchinson to be in the running for DROY, I’ll say at least 10 sacks. Overall the D will struggle though. Hope I’m wrong about that, too.

I think they can win 6-8 games.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expecting an L. Hope I’m wrong.

Far as the season goes, I think Goff has a surprisingly good year, good enough that there will be a mild debate about whether they still need to draft a QB early next year.

I have a feeling Swift will disappoint, never living up to the hype, and they we will be in the RB market again here sooner than later. Hope I’m wrong.

I think the WR’s have a pretty good year.

I’m expecting Hutchinson to be in the running for DROY, I’ll say at least 10 sacks. Overall the D will struggle though. Hope I’m wrong about that, too.

I think they can win 6-8 games.
I tgink Swift will disappoint on the ground, but will end up being a top tier receiving back. We need a ground guy though

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Called it. Dominant Lions W incoming.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was basically our preseason, since nobody plays in the preseason anymore. Lot of shit to clean up.

I couldn't quit watching because there is no quit in this team.

If Dan Campbell hadn't gifted them a field goal at the end of the first half, who knows what would have happened.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was basically our preseason, since nobody plays in the preseason anymore. Lot of shit to clean up.

I couldn't quit watching because there is no quit in this team.

If Dan Campbell hadn't gifted them a field goal at the end of the first half, who knows what would have happened.
Worst coaching decisions I have seen in quite a while. Even the onside kick was stupid.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. That timeout with 44 seconds left was really dumb. Philly may have run the clock out at that point.

The inside kick was also way too aggressive.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lost 44-6 last year, so good on the Lions for making it competitive.

We didn't put any pressure on QBs last year all season long. They had all day to throw last year. Today we flushed Hurts out of the pocket consistently. We did that against a really good O-line. Problem is he was able to kill us when scrambling. I hope most weeks that turns into bad throws and sacks.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. That timeout with 44 seconds left was really dumb. Philly may have run the clock out at that point.

The inside kick was also way too aggressive.
Not to mention asking Seibert to do it. The dude cant kick. We will lose a lot of close games this year.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Kraemer and Vaitai hurt Stenberg had a golden opportunity to plant his flag as the future and he blew it.

Last year Anzalone getting snaps was not a big deal because who else was going to be there? Now we have a clear best option I can't stand to see him getting the most snaps. He does not belong on the field.

Okudah looked solid, which is nice.

The entire dline shit the bed, but Eagles might have the best oline in football, so no shame in that. I am sure it will be better in the future.

Swift hear @RobBase and me talking shit about him apparently, and he will not stand for it!

That absolute garbage player Will Harris only got 7 snaps and still managed to be responsible for a 50 yard play.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team is clearly better than it was last year, I see this loss as a real sign of improvement overall. I think 7-8 wins is on the tables.....as long as we have limited mobile qbs.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Kraemer and Vaitai hurt Stenberg had a golden opportunity to plant his flag as the future and he blew it.

Last year Anzalone getting snaps was not a big deal because who else was going to be there? Now we have a clear best option I can't stand to see him getting the most snaps. He does not belong on the field.

Okudah looked solid, which is nice.

The entire dline shit the bed, but Eagles might have the best oline in football, so no shame in that. I am sure it will be better in the future.

Swift hear @RobBase and me talking shit about him apparently, and he will not stand for it!

That absolute garbage player Will Harris only got 7 snaps and still managed to be responsible for a 50 yard play.
Harris is abysmal. How do you let a WR get behind you with less than a minute to go? Swift ran well but his blocking was awful. The D-line was not as bad as you say. Its just the guys (Hutch, Brockers, McNeil, Harris) we expected to make plays didnt. Harris, Buggs and Bryant had pretty good games IMO although not great.